Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sorry to hear your news Flo..winging big hugs your way.
    I'm not having a good day here....something stinks in the bedroom over the kitchen it smells digusting, first smelt it on Sunday and its steadily got worse. I stripped the room out. Cleaned out the chimney in the hope I'd find a bird. Nada! I can't find anything it's probably a squirrel or even worse a rat -it must have got into the roof space (which is closed off from the rest of the attic) and died. I can't get in there we will have to wait it out. Yuk!

Comment

• Eeww Scarlet, we had that problem too and think it was something in the crawl space under the house that had died. Took a while to go and it's not a pleasant wait. Hope it clears out soon.
      sigpic

Comment

• Joss sticks Scarlet!
        Tis the only thing which covered our stink. It's happened a few times here, but we're in the countryside , so you can't blame them for trying to find somewhere snug and sheltered for the winter.

Mice....a week perhaps for the sweet stink to go...rats ...about 3 if I recall?

Bleurrrrr...just the memory makes me feel queezy .

Flo...sorry to hear your news...x
        Last edited by Nicos; 24-11-2016, 05:16 AM.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Sorry to hear about FiL - Flo - rotten time for you all

Strange day here, today. I have my first cleaners just turned up - first time I've had cleaners since the mid 80's! Am I the only one who bleaches the toilets etc before they come in.
          aka
          Suzie

Comment

• I'm hoping it's a mouse....the one that's chewed a hole through sons school bag and ate his jelly babies

Comment

• poor poor mouse,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if it is,then it got it's comuppance,that was a low thing to do,nevermind the hole in bag,but the jelly babies.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all (I know I'm 5 hours behind). Horribly cold here today. roads very icy, dangerously so. Phoned the Council to try to get one of the road junctions gritted. My car slid out there on black ice and I very nearly came a cropper. needless to say, Council did bladder all.

Went up onto the roof to adjust the tv Aerial again. Think I've got it right this time.. Have an app on my phone which is upposed to point at the nearest TV mast. More pointing at TV mist methinks

Comment

• Good evening all. Had a lovely morning. Grandaughters school had a grandparents morning for the first year students. We had a tour of the school, a question and answer session about life and times when we were going to school. We were then treated to some snippits from the upcoming musical the students are doing for Christmas followed by tea and cake.
                  We were delighted to get this oppertunity as our grandaughter suffers from dyspraxia and we were worried about how she would manage in her new school.
                  I am pleased to say she has found her niche joining the school musicle, the diversity group and the basketball team.
                  When we were leaving we were presented with a framed pic of us with her which was taken when we went into the school. We came home much less worried knowing and seeing where she is and what she is doing.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, it's been a bright but cold day today the temperature reached a balmy 4c, was hoping to get on with the decoration and rad cleaning, but had to go out this morning and by the time I got back hadn't much time for any work did manage to remove the radiator and give it a flush out, now working a lot better still to finish painting the ceiling now that its dark I will leave it till tomorrow, if I have time, it would appear that you have less time to yourself once you retire,the temperature now down a -3c so everything in the greenhouse covered with fleece, looking at it it would pass as a snow scene. Well have a good evening and its almost the weekend so cheer up. Goodnight
                    Last edited by rary; 23-11-2016, 05:54 PM.
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Thinking of you Flo - collected a couple of bags of seaweed from the beach but too cold and ground too hard to do anything on the plot/s so had some soup and enjoyed the lovely quiet peaceful site for about an hour and fixed the bell we use for finding out if there is anyone left on the site - one of our members had been eating too much spinach and had broken it Discovered the dongle screw had just become detached - took a couple of minutes to fix. Test proved loud enough to wake the dead and the people in the courtyard probably thought it was a fire engine
                      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Good Morning Feels cold but it's not raining for a change. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all !
                          Ya didn't see me hiding there did you

I'm researching how to tile a bath side panel, inspection hatches etc...
                          You can learn a lot from forums!

Comment

• Thank you All for your good wishes - it really helps
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Crew Mrs C reminded me that the house needs it pre Christmas Decoration clean this weekend as eldest daughter is coming to assist with converting the interior into Santa's Grotto, I just have to get everything down from the loft and put up all the external decorations, then put all the boxes (and there are many of them) back into the loft. Ho and repair any broken lights, put batteries in all the animated Christmas toys and other moving, music making tat, one goes on every other tread of the stairs. Even the WC get the festive treatment.

Me I would just put a tree up, those three, the whole bloody house has to receive the festive treatment ready for a switch on inside and out on the 1st December

So I need to get my finger out if I'm to see the allotment this Sunday
                              Last edited by Cadalot; 24-11-2016, 05:39 AM.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Gosh, that's a lot of festive decorations Cad!

Every year it's the blown bulbs which drive me bonkers....fortunately as I've found it harder and harder to find replacement bulbs, I've been replacing them with LEDs....soooo much easier !

We costed up external LEDs last year and nearly had a heart attack at the price!.....

The funny thing is that I can still see in my memory where each decoration went in our previous house!
                                This one doesn't have any set places apart from a couple of things.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X