Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Grapes - Ice here this morning and cold but now warming up as the sun is out, met the old bill yesterday, and apparently they can't chase anyone on a motor cycle anymore! They have looked at the CCTV footage and will see if they were stupid enough to use their own bike but often if used for crime it's not registered or taxed or insured, plus they were only seen getting over the fence and scarpering when they realised they had been seen, so although it likely they are the ones getting in there is no proof of that at the moment. Each plot holder has to report their own break-in especially if any fingerprints off contents they have rummaged through are to be taken. Now it appears an axe has gone from one of the sheds from last Wednesdays visit, so I'm guessing that's what they will use next time they visit, if they have left it somewhere they can remember and we don't find it first.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning from a very cold but sunnymDublin. Its definitely a day for being outdoors. Walking first and then out to tidy up the garden and cover up the dahlias.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Cold but sunny. Have the rest of the week off to prepare house for visitors this weekend. I've been ordered to get up the ladder and clean the windows
        Did manage to pop to the plot to spread some gravel at the entrance gate. Hope I get permission to spend a few hours there later in the week
        Have a good 'un everybody.
        sigpic
        1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Afternoon all - it is coooooooooold here in Leeds - first time I've had to de-ice the car this morning. Now however it is lovely and sunny and crisp.

Hope everyone is well... is it friday yet?!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            You don't get main roads gritted here anymore. I haven't seen a gritting lorry around here for years.
            Bit of a laugh last year. Gritting lorry went past at 5am followed by road sweeper lorry 1 hour later. 2 different councils who ought to speak to each other.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon its still frosty here so I'm glad I don't need to dig up any parsnips, JA's or leeks, the grounds still solid. keep wrapped up out there.
              Last edited by Bren In Pots; 29-11-2016, 01:54 PM.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Spent a couple of hours at the school gardens today - teacher had asked for volunteers and was amazed at the numbers who did so, followed by a meeting on site with the Council rep. regarding cutting back some trees from which branches have been falling on to plots. Seemed a bit reluctant at first but warmed up after a while and agreed to put 3 of the trees into their fee felling programme subject to approval. It's amazing what a trip to the polybar can achieve - Only kidding - being a reasonable guy he knew it made sense.
                Last edited by Sheneval; 29-11-2016, 03:18 PM.
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Artnoon Grapelets
                  Gorgeous sunshiny morning spent clearing and chopping. Lots of new growing space appearing - but what to grow, that's the question Turned cold again now.Time to put the chooks to bed and read them a story.
                  Once upon a time, there were 3 little chickens called Mrs Brown, Mrs New-Brown and Blondie and they all lived together and were good friends with 3 puppy dogs called Bess, Ted and Spud.
                  One day..................new readers start here

Comment

• Originally posted by Baldy View Post
                    Hope I get permission to spend a few hours there later in the week
                    Ummm Giving you jobs and needing a leave of absence from your wife to get at the allotment, she is not related to mine at all is she
                    Last edited by Cadalot; 29-11-2016, 03:39 PM.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Evenin n'all!
                      Cad sorry...I couldn't like your previous post....but you do have my sympathy..../ frustration ...
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evenin n'all!
                        Cad sorry...I couldn't like your previous post....but you do have my sympathy..../ frustration ...
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Evening all,where DID today go,tried to look in here earlier on,what with phone calls,and a quick lunch,then out we went to the over 50's group,chats,bing,quize's,raffle,coffee and cake,not really our scene,but enjoyed the change and will go next week,we are even invited to the christmas party next month,i have been selected to do a quiche,so that will be a pleasure,i also got a raffle prize,AND got all the lovely big red disposable mugs for plants next year,all i did was open my mouth,the word went round and they were all gave to me in 1 go,how nice was that,tomoz is another group,similar things,so no prizes for where going,this time i will take me other glasses and a pen as well as MR,hehehe the rotwhiler ? is on his case hehehe.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well done LD. Great that you and MR are going out and doing something different Hope you win tomorrow!

Comment

• Seeing as it was such a lovely sunny day we decided to take ourselves off for thr day. Took the train to our favourite place down the coast. Had a lovely walk along the prom and then sat in the sun eating fish and chips from paper bags. Had another walk and in and out of all the shops and back on the train for home.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all, heavy frost this morning, & still lots of places frozen this afternoon. Day spent outside - absolutely glorious but very very cold. Early Christmas pressie from OH of thermals going down well.

Spaghetti squash from storage for dinner tonight, going to shove some chorizo & spring onions in it, cover with cheese & bake - almost healthy!

Youngest still awake as fell asleep in car at 4.45 - 5. Eldest extremely tired so been asleep for a while.

Poo shovelling & accounts tomorrow morning. ...
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X