Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning its another frosty and icy day here.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,my word you lot are up so early,been a good frost here,yesterday it just hung around in sheltered places,hope your all bearing up as they say,am liking the sunshine,must tidy up the kitchen today,and do a floor mop,enjoy this sun whilst it's on show.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Send some sun up here lottie will you?

Remember that thread about procrastination...
        sigpic

Comment

• The sun in my bedroom aka craft room was so hot that I have had to abandon crafting. I was going to put the fan on but thought 'it's nearly December' so decided to have an early lunch and then tough it out ....
          Nannys make memories

Comment

• My youngest is taking me out for the afternoon and evening. Mooch round Oxford followed by "The Mousetrap" then dinner at Jamie's.

Some furniture I'd bought last week turned up this morning but they missed putting the new bed on the van so they will be back. I need to go and have a shower and get tarted up, so what's the betting they turn up whilst I'm getting ready. Oh and the cabinet I bought is sitting in the middle of the lounge as I couldn't put it where it's intended to go 'cos the new chairs I bought were in the way!

So I've been looking at greenhouses.
            Last edited by JanieB; 30-11-2016, 12:34 PM. Reason: add a smiley
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon all

Freezing cold. Getting our windows seen to today and tomorrow - not great timing to have workmen in and out making the cold house like a chiller room. Brrr didn't think of that when we booked it in.

Lettuce looks like it's finally been clobbered from frost but it's done well to get this far.

Got health check and blood test at docs tomorrow so not looking forward to that as I'm a total wuss.

Hope weather warms up a bit tomorrow. Looking forward to a nice hot bath later.

Looking forward to last episode of the missing tonight.
              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good afternoon, mild today so got some work carried out in the garden emptied a number of pots and while doing that was loosening some of the soil in the pots I hit something hard about 3/4ins. deep, first thoughts were what one of those rascals put a piece of wood in the pot, wrong it was a plate of frozen soil in the pot, so even with a temperature of 9c it takes time for the soil to defrost, removed my gladiolie from a big, pot 24in. diameter, and planted my tulips, this must be the earliest I done that for a long time, and as I had a spare garlic bulb I decided to plant that in the same pot as well, will see how that goes. Had to nip down to Irvine for something and when you look around it appears that this is the only area North Ayrshire counsel is prepared to spend money, everywhere outside that area has nothing, no cycle track or walking paths, and no decent play areas for children, I think N.A. council must be one of the worst in the country perhaps I should go to the rant thread, but that's me finished, for now
                Last edited by rary; 30-11-2016, 03:18 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon...still not done that ironing but I've a nice clean front room! Marie, no clues to The Missing please, I haven't watched last weeks yet.
                  Sun has just gone down but just before, everything turned an incredible red colour, absolutely amazing. I don't think I've ever seen that before. It wasn't a sunshiny red but...I've no idea how to describe it just stunning.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    I think N.A. council must be one of the worst in the country perhaps I should go to the rant thread, but that's me finished, for now
                    rary - They are much better than South Ayrshire Council - their allotments seem to be well supported.
                    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• As far as I know Shen they only have three, one in Kilbirnie one in Farlie and one in Saltcoats, the one in Kilwinning is a private one I believe, and there are a number of people who would like one in their own town
                      Last edited by rary; 30-11-2016, 03:46 PM.
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Jay I over this way it was very cloudy with an unusual light then it started to rain, the rain has now stopped but it is very mild, especially when you consider how cold it was last week, I will save you the bother of watching last weeks episode of The Missing, the poleeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                          As far as I know Shen they only have three, one in Kilbirnie one in Farlie and one in Saltcoats, the one in Kilwinning is a private one I believe, and there are a number of people who would like one in their own town
                          I understand that Kilwinning operates on a similar way as Troon but with much greater autonomy. They are not private as such as they like us lease the land from the Council but they are allowed to run the site the way they want so don't suffer the interference that we do - no planning permission required for sheds, containers etc. and they get support for their flooding problem. They had plenty of assistance when setting up as had Fairlie. Not familiar with the Kilbirnie and Saltcoats arrangements but can't see there being much difference in overall Council policy. In any case the Scottish Governments legislation passed earlier this year should see all allotments handed over to the Site Societies with the Council taking a back seat but I am sure SA Planning will still be trying to treat us like a cash cow.
                          Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• You may be right but my complaint about NA is the money that is pushed into the Irvine area where there are plenty of amenities, and they ignore most of the remaining areas

Comment

• Just back home from watching my grandaughter making her debut on stage in the school musical. She was great and loved every minute of it. She has really come out of herself since she went into her new school.
                              Earlier we had a walk on the beach as it was such a lovely day and watched the sunset.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Rough evening as youngest has been puking lots - all over sofa, me, towels etc. Lots of laundry being done & to be done tomorrow with little one to poorly for school. Fortunately eldest os fine (fingers crossed! )

Night all...
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X