This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rary View Post
    You may be right but my complaint about NA is the money that is pushed into the Irvine area where there are plenty of amenities, and they ignore most of the remaining areas
    rary - All Councils put money into deprived areas - SA has it's own areas of this type - unfortunately much of the money gets wasted - I am fortunate I live in Troon and am surrounded by the sea and by beautiful countryside not to mention golf courses for those so inclined but despite having probably one of the highest levels of Council Tax paid in any one town I can't think of anything new in recent years other than housing to collect more Council Tax. Austerity has meant some areas have lost libraries, swimming pools etc. The only way to tackle these problems would be to raise taxes and any Party proposing this would not be voted into power.
    Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Just returned from Ayrshire League Chess Match with Prestwick which resulted in a 3-3 draw - a bit disappointing as we were top of the League prior to this. :-)
      Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Lovely, lovely evening. Too late for the mooch round Oxford. Had an early supper at Jamie's which was absolutely delicious. Then went for a G&T in the Wig & Pen where we saw the ads for "The Rocky Horror Show". Son decided it would be great to see that. I agreed and asked him how he was going to be dressed, he thought I was nuts. He rang his sister to see if she would like to join us. She asked what he was going to dress in. Um, Mum asked that. I used to sell lingerie and still have stock left, my costume will involve a fur coat. Son said he didn't want to know any more details.

"The Mousetrap" was excellent.
        Last edited by JanieB; 30-11-2016, 10:24 PM. Reason: To add smiley
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning Have a good day
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, well it's here the countdown to that very special day which we can now type without some Grinch saying NOOOOOOO it's not even December! It's also the end of my MOMship, I will be watching for the medal of honour to disappear and then searching for the December MOM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, yes I opened my advent calendar today. It's a candle one, so I have one tealight to burn.
              Haven't opened the curtains yet, but I'm more than sure it's cold. My kitchen feels like it's in the Arctic you know.
              I have volunteered to work this morning and will try and get my fringe cut whilst there
              Sad news yesterday, daughters boyfriends father had a man jump out in front of his lorry, on the A3 I think.
              That makes two families that are affected by this 'suicide' . They are devastated, and in a living nightmare.
              Anyway, must get a wriggle on, have a great day
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all !

I tried to get a choccie Advent Calendar but the local shops had run out!
                I'm off to Caen in a sec to get most of the bits and pieces for the bathroom, and they have huuuge hypermarkets there...so fingers crossed cos I'm looking for a Milka one!

And nope...not forgotten about the Vine Advent Calendar....Just hang on a bit cos you're in for a surprise!!!!

Nice ones BM...tis lovely to have something to look forward to for a change!
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all
                  Sorry to hear the sad news NS.
                  It's quite windy here so I'm pleased to be playing in the kitchen all day.
                  Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Morning All

Another sharp frost here. Off to the bank today to change the grandkids savings accounts, apparently junior savings accounts have a limit on how much you can have in them ?

Then off to buy a present for an 11 year old who name was on the wishing tree at the local church. Its the only time I go but like to think we can give a little happiness to a child at Christmas

Have super days everyone
                    Last edited by Greenleaves; 01-12-2016, 07:25 AM.

Comment

• Morning, no ice or frost here today think thats the first time this week so I'm off into the garden soon.
                      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, tired this morning and it's so dark it's getting harder and harder to drag myself out of bed! Decided to watch last weeks and this weeks episodes of The Missing so was late to bed and I'm paying for it.
                        First day of winter today and it's quite mild...anyone predicting a white Christmas this year?
                        Anyhoo, have a great day whatever you are up to.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning all. Freezing again today - so cold there was ice in a tub thick enough to take my weight! -4c in the gh at 8.30. Chard, spinach, kale etc all floppy but will hopefully perk up in time for dinner .

Well, the puke count for yesterday was 6 times downstairs & about the same in our bed in the night! Lost count after a while

No school for the next two days (48 hour rule) . Snuggling on sofa with mum & sleepy already. Vast quantities of laundry - 3 pairs of my trousers, 3 jumpers, bed sheets, pillow covers, duvet cover, double figures towels & blankets, sofa cushion covers etc. Guess I know what I'm doing today
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good morning all. Anotherbeautiful day here. Frosty snd cold but with dundhine and a clear blue sky. Nothing lined uo lor today but I am sure there will be plenty to fill the day, some of it outdoors.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                              Good morning all. Anotherbeautiful day here. Frosty snd cold but with dundhine and a clear blue sky. Nothing lined uo lor today but I am sure there will be plenty to fill the day, some of it outdoors.
                              Have a good day all.
                              You learning a new language Bramble?..................
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all,hopes your all well,gona put me nose in the garden shortly,NS,what a horrble thing to have witnessed,HH hope the children get well soon,oh the joy's of motherhood,anyone else seen the beautifull sunset last night,thought i was seeing things,Jay have sent you some sun and a portion of my present get up and go,so no excuses,TTFN,
                                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X