Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. Wet and windy here but its 14deg so cant complain.
    Nicos, wrapping gifts is my most hated job. Wish we lived nearer.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well, I Hope father Christmas is happy - amazing how much things cost. Still, got 3 of the 6 kids birthday presents I needed, & both sisters-in-law Xmas presents & some main Xmas presents for children so ok.

Youngest eating lunch after the following conversation

"It's time for lunch, are you hungry? "

"No"

"Shall I cook you some fishfingers? "

"Yes. And peas please"

The joys of children hey?

Better get some lunch myself, off to eldests school play soon. Enjoy your afternoon people
      Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• School play?.... Awww...happy memories!

I recall telling my then 6yr old son( who was a shepherd with a tea towel on his head-held on with a coit type thing ) to stand still and NOT to move an inch...whatever happened.
        So ....At the moment Mary et al were gathered around the crib his coit/towel started to slip...slowly slowly...so instead of pushing it back he started tipping his head sideways to balance it..slowly, slowly...ending up with it balanced on his head ear uppermost!
        You could see all the parents' shoulders shuddering trying to subdue their giggles!
        It lasted through about half the play - I think that year he was centre of attention!...we still giggle about it!
        Happy memories indeed.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all..
          Hope all are well...

Busy today as herself's car is in for a service, so no doubt some extra jobs will need doing on it
          .....I definitely need 2 new tyres anyways..So have to go collect that on way home from work and then collect some goodies as it is also her birthday today....

Added to that I need to procure a new control box for my pump as its nearly kaput ( I think) as it keeps tripping the power in the garage where all the water stuff is..I don't know much about plumbing but hopefully that's the issue; apparently the capacitor goes in them
          I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
          sigpic

Comment

• sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Happy birthday to Mrs. Trip. Hope you bought her something nice.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy birthday mrs T,another nice play afternoon here
                Last edited by lottie dolly; 07-12-2016, 03:16 PM.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Sounds fun rary...do you play Xmas Carols at the same time?

I love wrapping pressies...although I think I may be the world's worst at the finished effect!
                  I always manage to get hair/fluff/fingerprints on the scellotape, cut it funny, crumple it...ha!...but it's great fun
                  No I don't play Christmas Carols, and you can have my presents to wrap any time, how you can enjoy doing that beats me, but then we are all different, it wouldn't do if everyone was like me, look at the fun we would miss ripping open the parcels
                  And Jay my wife was the same last night awake half the night with things going through her mind, worried about this and that, me I had a great sleep, I am very much a, if I can change it I will, if I can't why worry about it
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• I agree rary, it's a lot of phaff for one day...............plus for me, it's a time for the kids.
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• One day?...one day?...nah!..it's the weeks running up and the couple of weeks afterwards!
                      I had a brill time today chipping out cement and mud from between granite stones, making one heck of a mess ...singing away to Carols .

Comment

• Good Morning Raining here but not cold. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all!

Hope the rain stays away from here Flo....I need to clear out a space in the cellar today for the plumber to access the pipework in there and the only place to leave stuff is outside!
                          No doubt there'll be another trip to the DIY shop at some point!

I'm hoping to get some undercoating done today when there is a dust free moment....we found some quick drying Dulux primer and undercoat and it's brill...really fast!

Have a great day peeps whatever you do...

Comment

• Morning all, got up at 05.30 thinking it was 06.30 - never read a clock with no specs on!
                            Had a peek in here, and you were all fast asleep, sensible people. I will fade later no doubt.

Nicos, We will soon be at the point of taking stuff outside for tradesmen to work, hopefully there will be sunny spells in January

Going to put a shift in at work today, gets me out of the way
                            Have a great day everyone
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                              Good Morning Raining here but not cold. Have a good day
                              Morning its raining here as well Flo that sort that wets you really quick
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, dark but mild this morning. Another night with hardly any sleep...have no idea why! Hairdressers today, if I can keep awake. Hope you all have a lovely day.
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X