Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all and its snother dark, dull, wet morning again here. Somebody keeps hogging the sun.
    Housework today and having my friends for dinner. Its a yearly thing and we take turns to do it. My friends OH will bring his guitar snd we will have a Christmas singalong to end the night. Like Trip, this will be a late one.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
      Housework today and having my friends for dinner. Its a yearly thing and we take turns to do it. My friends OH will bring his guitar and we will have a Christmas singalong to end the night. Like Trip, this will be a late one.
      Oh, so no point calling to you for brunch tomorrow Bramble
      I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
        My jumper is black, long, with green Holly and bobbly red berries. The drawback is that it's thick so I'm sure I'll be sweltered by nine!
        When I have on a jumper like that I get into trouble, told to get the hedge row outside and than get the jumper off till its either washed or binned, I have had to retrieve several jumpers from the bin over the years. Why do women wait till a man feels comfortable in a jumper then try to bin it
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good afternoon Folks, a dull wet day today, no children till after eight tonight then it's a sleep over, not feeling to grand today, I don't know if it's something I have ate or if I have picked up a bug from the kids as two of them were ill earlier on in the week, but at present I can't go to far from the toilet, so now that I have passed that info on to you I will wish you a good day
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tripmeup View Post
            Oh, so no point calling to you for brunch tomorrow Bramble
            You can try, but I wouldnt guarantee anything great. Enjoy your night out as well.

And when your back stops aching,
            And your hands begin to harden.
            You will find yourself a partner,
            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Finally got to sit down for a bit and get on line. Well have broken up from work for two weeks now . Didn't think Friday 3pm would every arrive but it finally did.
              Will probably be bored by Wednesday next week so will sort my seeds out. Know I need some swede seeds so that's a great excuse to have a trip to a garden centre
              Have a good evening everyone.
              sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, received some yellow sticky traps this evening so went out to hang one in the greenhouse as I have some white fly going about, in the way back in the house I tripped over something in the dark and fell onto bags of compost which saved me a bit but I had something in my pocket which has bruised my leg which is now getting quite sore I will need to check to see if there is something I can rub on it, without OH finding out or it will be lecture time again. Well enjoy the weekend I hope the weather is fine for you and all the shopping you need is done. Goodnight

Comment

• ^^^^ you can try to get your seeds but you'll have to fight your way through plastic Santaclauses and all manner of crimbo parephanalia!
                  My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                  to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                    I tripped over something in the dark........... but I had something in my pocket which has bruised my leg which is now getting quite sore
                    Was it the lock on your wallet rary?
                    I'm sure as a kid we used to rub butter on bruises to "bring them out"!
                    I've been pulling out montbretia today - hate the stuff as its taking over the garden! the good news is that underneath the dead leaves the daffodils are coming up.
                    Spring is on its way!

Comment

• My garden was cleared 2 months ago. The weeds are raising their heads again along with the roses, muscari, irises etc. Do I kill the lot and start again or try and save what is there?
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                        Was it the lock on your wallet rary?
                        I'm sure as a kid we used to rub butter on bruises to "bring them out"!
                        I've been pulling out montbretia today - hate the stuff as its taking over the garden!
                        No VC not the lock but it was the wallet, and it was quite bulky with all the IOUs that are in it, (I carry them about with me all ready to fill in the name and sign it) and I found some arnica cream which I have used, but its still sore when I try to walk, and as for montbretia which when I pull them out I dump the bulbs in a pail of water to let them rot
                        Last edited by rary; 17-12-2016, 02:20 PM. Reason: came up as montreal with the predictive text

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all

Exciting times...
                          4 days til the days start getting longer....
                          8 days til Xmas..
                          And for the Xmas grumps.......10 days til it's over!

Hibou says good morning( she was demanding her morning sachet of 'jelly'..yeh...licks the jelly and leaves the meat for the chooks)

It was lovely and cosy downstairs-the wood fire stayed in all night and it's now roaring away....lovely!

See ya later.....
                          Last edited by Nicos; 17-12-2016, 05:32 AM.
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning everyone, very foggy out this morning.
                            Hubby's out at the bakers, anyone want boiled eggs and soldiers shortly?
                            This Christmas thing is coming up fast isn't it. Gave out some gifts to my fellow volunteers this week. £1 shop had some really cute little tins of shortbread, couldn't resist them.
                            Have I already told you that bit?
                            Anyhow, another shift at work for me and the Strictly final tonight. Lovely.
                            Have a great day
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning all & hibou
                              A couple of hours work this morning just to finish off, before the two properties are let for Christmas.
                              Then I can concentrate on making my own place Christmas ready. We're getting there.
                              Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                                And for the Xmas grumps.......10 days til it's over!
                                Yeh!!!!..............10 Days, I can't wait................
                                sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                                --------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                                -------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                                -----------------------------------------------------------
                                KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X