Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lovely day today, been raining most of the day with a steady drizzle. I've run out of containers to store the rainwater in. The ground is really soaked; but no mud as the earth is covered with a mulch of porous volcanic gravel. All the trees are looking well as the rain has completely washed off all the accumulated dust from the summer from the leaves. The lemon/lime is full of fruit, but I don't know what to do with the amount. Anyone have any ideas?

Comment

• Evening all, poor you Lottie, having done that in the summer, I feel your pain.
      Just tucked into a nice turkey stew made in the slow cooker. Turkey legs were 2 for £1 in Asda, just needed one for us two. Packet of chicken chasseur mix, mushrooms and onions. Delicious.
      Central heating is booked in for 16th January, which gives me a couple of weeks to work out where all our furniture etc will end up. Carpets are all going.
      I do like the idea of nights becoming lighter Bramble, Spring is round the corner.
      Have a lovely evening
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good Morning Lucky you Boatsman I've no ideas for your citrus except juice and marmalade! Have a good day All
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I think I've wrapped up all the presents so bring it on!
          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Yaaaaaaa Roll on tomorrow no more up the hill backwards, we can then start looking forwards to SPRING !!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bgpWCK075Do
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin all n'all

Last day for me in the bathroom.What's not one today will have to wait til after New Year!
              Will pop back later...have a great day peeps!
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning bit dark out mild though.

Hope you're feeling OK this morning lottie and you're not too bruised or sore xx
                Last edited by Bren In Pots; 20-12-2016, 06:51 AM.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all.I've been neglecting the vine a bit. Don't know where the time goes. Only managed a few visits to the GR n all. Doubt if I'll I'll much missed there. Visiting my elderly auntie later. Only survivor at that level of our family tree so spoil her when I can.
                  Last edited by Aberdeenplotter; 20-12-2016, 07:46 AM.

Comment

• Morning all, freezing fog here this morning which is now clearing! Not sure what to be up to today, time will tell. Cuppa first.

Thoughts with the people of Berlin this morning. My brother and family had been at that market earlier in the evening but had left for their hotel as the kids were tired...thank god for jet lag!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. What a beautiful morning. Sunshiney and still with not a breeze. However there is a ton of rain on the way so the lovely morning will be short lived.
                      Off to the annual panto with three of my grandchildren. We have been bringing our grandkids to the panto for the past 22 years consecutively and we all agreed, this year will be the last one as they have finally outgrown it. Another stage in our lives ended. Feeling sad about it but thats life.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all
                        Bit late in this morning, I've been outside tieing thing down making everything as secure as possible. It's starting to get breezy! Only gusting 60 to 70 today but by Christmas it should be putting some effort into it and gusting 80 to 90.
                        Going to put the finishing touches to the Christmas decorations now.
                        Have a good day everyone

Comment

• Happy Tuesday
                          Hope you're feeling OK today Lottie!
                          Jay, glad your family were safe last night - so many terrible things happening in the world
                          In my little world, the sun's shining, seedlings are germinating and I'm expecting a delivery of perennials any moment. That's the good news, the bad news is that Ted has just found and eaten the last Black Icicle tomato that I was keeping for a special occasion! No tomato is safe from the puppies
                          Have a great day - be happy

Comment

• Thank you VC!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Morning, well nearly afternoon all. Just got from opticians as Han has broken her part of her glasses. Got to send them off to get them fixed.
                              Then went to allotment to pull up New Zealand Yams, artichokes and some leeks for various people. Yams were a total disaster. Must have about 6 of them that are edible to eat and that's it. Spoke to another couple of people there and they have had the same problem. Some one paid £6 from a seed place.
                              Pulled up 6 artichoke plants and have ended up two carrier bags full. Not little diddy ones either. Best year ever
                              Saw the allotment guy who sorts abandoned plots out. Haven't seen him for ages so it was good to have a catch up with him. But for bizarre reason I ended up going round with him looking at the empty ones. And yes I have now had my name put down for one of them. Don't remember agreeing that I wanted another one but will wait and see if he gets back to me on them.
                              Have a good day everyone
                              sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all and congrats NVG on your new plot!

Jay my baby brother was on his way to the market in Berlin but their flight had been delayed so they'd not got there yet. Scary to think how such tiny changes could make such a big difference!

Lottie - so sorry to hear you have been battered and bruised Hope you are resting and feeling fighting fit very soon

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X