This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mornin n'all n'all

Flippin eck ....talk about oversleeping!...I must have been tired!

Good news us that I managed to have a double string 'pearl' necklace made for my mom...just have to collect it today....she's been looking for ages so I know this is something she very much wants!
    I had offered her some of your suggestions and then spotted this costume jewellery maker ....
    (Just hope my brother didn't have the same idea!)

More cleaning, wrapping of pressies and decorating the dining room today....it's finally feeling Christmassy chez nous!
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all. We have all the lights in the house turned on, its like night time its so dark. We have been awake since the very early hours because the flight path for Dublin airport comes over our house when the weather turns stormy. The wind is beginning to pick up and rain is on the way. Bits and pieces to do today but thankfully hubby has offered to go out for the last minute things so an indoor day for me. Stay safe all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy Friday everyone!
        The good news is - my beeping smoke alarm has stopped beeping so I've postponed
        the pompier visit until after Christmas. Its always nice to have something to look forward to
        Jay, swap a tin of red kidney beans in chili sauce for the chicken in the enchiladas.
        Stay safe everyone with the wind

Anyone like a sweetie?
        Attached Files

Comment

• Are they ordinary humbugs or bah humbugs VC?

Sorry couldn't help myself. I'll go stand in the corner
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by noviceveggrower View Post
            Are they ordinary humbugs or bah humbugs VC?
            No they are ordinary Humbugs NVG but if you want some Bah Humbugs, I have a jar here:

sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Afternoon all, just bobbing in before I leave work for the YEAR

I'm sure I'll be back on at some point, but in case its not until next week - hope you all have a wonderful christmas and a very happy start to 2017!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                No they are ordinary Humbugs NVG but if you want some Bah Humbugs, I have a jar here:

Don't usually need them over Xmas. I get fed up of it very quickly.
                sigpic

Comment

• Have a good one Vicki.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Barbara is kicking up a bit of a squall up here in Cheshire - she can just clear off any time soon for me - thank you.

We're just about to head off to see Star Wars. I'm a bit meh about it, but himself is very excited. We're heading to a restaurant for supper first, so a glass (or two) of red will see me through it

Goose to pick up tomorrow - legs to cut off (goose, not mine) as they get cooked Christmas Eve and left in the delish fat,then warmed through whilst breast cooks on 'the day'. No humbugs to be seen here
                    aka
                    Suzie

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                      the flight path for Dublin airport comes over our house when the weather turns stormy. Stay safe all.
                      Why, do you put so many lights outside your house
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening All!
                        I've been shopping this afters - to L1dl and Morries. Not as busy as I feared but the shelves had lots of bare patches, especially in the poultry dept I thought of sitting in the chiller myself to see how much some sucker would pay for an old chicken! Wouldn't have been long before someone slapped a Yellow Sticker on me - with "Past sell by date" on it
                        A man tapped on my window just after I parked and I thought he was going to tell me I'd done summat stoopid but he wanted to talk about my number plate! So we had a little chat as you do with strange men - well, I do anyway!
                        LIdl has been refitted with tall chiller cabinets around the outer walls and the inner displays piled high - so high I can't reach them. Nor can I reach into the bottom of the big trollies. I'm worried that I'm shrinking
                        I bought some Humbugs whilst there - don't want to run out!

Hope you're all ready for the big day! I am

Comment

• One last shopping list being written, 3 varieties of biscuits to bake, 2 small trifles to make and 10 presents to wrap and I am done. Off to my friend's tomorrow morning to swap red cabbage & biscuits for bread sauce and deliver presents before cooking begins ready for 5pm Christmas. VERY excited!
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• But, But, Ummmm Christmas day is on a Sunday which is my allotment day........
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good evening, and saying good is y stretching it a bit, very blustery with some squally showers, went up towards Glasgow once we collected the boy's from school, and dropped in to a garden centre while there I was drawn towards the seed racks where I picked up some seeds, one of the packs were mountain magic tomatoes for £1.70 for five seeds so now my new year resolution is no more seeds to be purchased, and I intend to stick to that, well at least till the end of the first week now at my daughter's watching the boy's while she and soil are out for the night, also waiting to go and pick up granddaughter from her night out, I wonder what they would do if I was a drinker, no matter after tonight we have time to ourselves well till Christmas day when all the family are coming to us for dinner, but there are no problem with that, my wife will attend to it, I will walk the dog, by the way is any one else having problems withe the Vine running slow, it seem to take a bit longer to move tonight, well I am off to get a cup of tea before going to collect GD keep safe everyone
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Great William has just come down holding one of his milk teeth that has just fallen out. Not one of the two he has wobbly but a different one. Great going to have to go into tooth fairy mode tonight. Just wish they would settle down and go to sleep.
                                Good night everyone
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X