This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all! Jobs for today:
    • put the Christmas cards up (on tape hanging from the picture rails)
    • nip up the road for (a) the paper (b) the eggs which A1di were out of yesterday and (c) a bottle of port which I had totally forgotten to get
    • clean the bathroom and run the vac round
    • go for traditional Christmas Eve run round the streets in Santa hat once it gets dark in order to see all the pretty Christmas lights
    • make yule log, stuffing and wrap saus in bacon; write timings plan for tomorrow - although can leave till the morning if I want as I will be up early anyway putting MASSIVE turkey in the oven to cook for hours
    Last edited by Hazel at the Hill; 24-12-2016, 11:07 AM. Reason: rookie spelling error - 'where' and 'were'

Comment

• Hi all. I wont say good morning orafternoon just because its inbetween. Nice dsy here so far with sunshine and dry conditions. All done now and having a sitdown. Beds are changed and laundry out drying. Turkey in the oven and ham on the hob.Just have to hoover the house and that will be me finished.
      We will go to first family mass this evening at 6. 30 where we will all meet as we do every year and the festivities can begin.
      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
        All done now and having a sitdown. Beds are changed and laundry out drying. Turkey in the oven and ham on the hob.Just have to hoover the house and that will be me finished.
        We will go to first family mass this evening at 6. 30 where we will all meet as we do every year and the festivities can begin.
        You appear to have my list of jobs, Bramble - but you've already done most of them, and I'm yet to start! I'll be listening to the festival of nine lessons and carols from Kings on R4 this afternoon - a good time for reflection.

Comment

• Just re-read the hot sauce recipe I made on 20th Dec as presents. There is a fateful line I missed 'Leave to develop for at least 2 weeks before consuming'. D'OH!!! Massive facepalm and small extra notes on all the labels...they are now New Year's presents!

Up to the plot at 2 to pick our Christmas veg, turkey goes in the oven at 4, Mum arrives at 5.30 and festivities begin then. Just one last lot of biscuits and some mincepies to make and I'm there! Phew!!
          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Gees, this Christmad thing sounds hard work.............am so glad I don't do it.............
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Wish I didn't have to do it either...it was easier when we went to the outlaws, now they come to us!
              sigpic

Comment

• Forgot to say, afternoon all. It's a much better day today, there has actually been a bit of sunshine too. Think it's the calm before the storm. Hope you are having a lovely Christmas Eve.
                sigpic

Comment

• Good afternoon,

Not going to the allotment today. Very windy here so I am going to stay indoors and keep warm. I am off to my mum and dads tomorrow for Christmas.

Hope you all have a lovely Christmas
                  Carrie

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                    Gees, this Christmad thing sounds hard work.............am so glad I don't do it.............
                    I'm happy to put a bit of effort in to make a few days different to the rest of the year - especially if it means that I can have a bit of time with family/friends who otherwise I'd maybe not see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                      Wish I didn't have to do it either...it was easier when we went to the outlaws, now they come to us!
                      There are some advantages with getting older maybe once we are old we will have the same advantage
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Isn't it sad when I get excited about getting the empty proper Swizzels Sweet Shop Favourites sweetie tin as the Wife and Daughter start filling the coffee table with Christmas goodies. Do I want the Celebrations and Quality Street plastic tins? Of course I do they will make ideal nettle tea bags for the water butt once the soldering iron has done it's thing all around and added some little perforations.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Season's Greetings and Merry Christmas all

We've done the rounds of tummy upsets but thankfully seem pretty OK so fingers crossed we'll all be good for Christmas Day.

We're late getting the decorations up so have just finished those today and finally it feels Christmassy

Having a lazy day sat round watching festive films. Just finished Nativity which my daughter likes. The treats are all opened and am good to go.

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas.
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Evening all. Two small ones in the bath, very excited about tomorrow for some reason.....

Everything ready for tomorrow, Just got to wrap sausages in bacon & then I'm going to make some mince pies. Then bedtime for children, followed fairly quickly by bedtime for me!

FiL not too bad which helps. Have an enormous lump on the back of my head from a teenage mutant ninja turtles game with youngest - I was the evil shredder & was killed by one of the turtles& when I fell back for my dramatic comedy death I smacked my head into a misplaced potty!

Hoping to pop in tomorrow but if not merry Christmas to everyone!
                            Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Trifle done. Mince pies done. Apple & Blackberry Crumble done and I'm not even cooking tomorrow, we're at my daughter's for Christmas Dinner Have a good time one and all. Youngest GG has given me a tiny door to let the fairies in overnight. Hope they're all good ones
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• just a quick pop in .

Hope everyone has a lovely Christmas even if spending it alone. . Lovely idea from VC to have a Christmas day thread .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X