Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's it for me, done all the wrapping today. forgot to buy christmas paper so we've a lovely selection under the tree wrapped in newspaper..great starter for the fire in the morning
    Sleep tight everyone, have a lovely day tomorrow and don't forget to pop in for a toast with your favourite tipple...mines a fizzy by the way
    Last edited by Scarlet; 24-12-2016, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Evening All
      You're all so quiet! Are you tracking Santa? Official NORAD Santa Tracker
      I nipped out before the shop's closed and bought up a load of yellow-stickered liver and bones for the dogs - so that's my Christmad shopping finished. Before you ask - I'm not wrapping it
      See you tomorrow sometime

Comment

• Good evening, its been quite a wild day weather wise today with heavy rain and gusting wind, but no damage thankfully and son and daughter have been down for all the presents, now we can see the carpet (which could do with being cleaned up, I have been told, might mean a new carpet) we actually have had a quiet day, went to a GC for lunch, then home to prepare the veg and get things ready for tomorrow, went to a carols by candle light service which was very enjoyable, I cant sing but that's the beauty of such services no one minds if you can or cant sing so I can join in well will need to go and find a bit of wrapping paper for OHs present, well something to wrap the note telling her I will buy her something when the sales start
        Have a good time folks, don't get stressed out, and remember if you need to have a break from it all VC will be giving her time to be available for a chat, now that is a good Christmas gift, thanks VC. Happy Christmas to Everyone
        Last edited by rary; 24-12-2016, 10:32 PM.
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
          You're all so quiet!
          I've been making the yule log - as ever, it looks fab out the oven, and then rolled up (with baking paper) to cool; the moment of truth will be when I uncurl it tomorrow to put in the buttercream.

I'll make plenty so that if it all shatters, I can glue it back together; then smother with choc - I'm sure that no one will notice - especially greedy gannets who look with their gobs.

Been for my Christmas Eve Santa Hat run - this increasing fashion for decorating the outside of your house is very entertaining!

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
            went to a carols by candle light service which was very enjoyable, I cant sing but that's the beauty of such services no one minds if you can or cant sing so I can join in
            Yep - I love that too! Our carols by candlelight service needed more candles - whenever there was a 'congregational' bit, someone had to snap the overhead lights on, which ruined the atmosphere somewhat. The tots sang 'Away in a Manger' which brought a tear or two to the eye.

Originally posted by rary View Post
            well will need to go and find a bit of wrapping paper for OHs present, well something to wrap the note telling her I will buy her something when the sales start
            I don't need to tell you how much trouble you're going to be in, do I?

Comment

• It is my pleasure, rary, to invite you all to my home tomorrow - as long as you bring your own booze
              I shall be popping out to see my Mum but I'm sure you'll find something to entertain yourselves with while I'm gone. Perhaps a spot of weeding - if its wet there's hoovering and dusting
              Have a good night everyone, especially those with little kiddies. Christmas is their time

Comment

• Official NORAD Santa Tracker
                Santa will be in Exeter in 3 minutes!

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all!
                  Merry Xmas!

Cor....it's finally here....
                  I've just checked and Santa is over Florida at the moment....bet they won't have a White Xmas!

Being a house full of adults we've agreed not to surface until a more hospitable hour...so why am I awake and excited?

I've already put more wood on the fire and lit the tree lights for the first one up.....

Kettle is on for anyone with young children who are already wide awake!....
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• A merry Christmas to everyone, enjoy yourself today, and don't over do it. Two things to do, find out what OH wants to make for my breakfast and find a bit of paper to wrap up her note, newspaper will do, won't it?
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning Merry Christmas He's been - not Father Christmas - Room Service
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good morrning all. We have a nice sunny start to the day so thats good. Hubby is doing breakfast this morning so I am subject to requirement for the moment. Mind you, when he is finished there I have a feeling there will be plenty to do. Theres a price on everything. Have a good all. Hope Santa has been good to you all.

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Oh dear there's always a dilemma! MIL is ill with a tummy bug. Himself has to visit FIL in the respite home, MIL cannot go, but then MIL should be coming with us to my daughter's for Dinner. Himself feels he shouldn't leave his mum to be alone today of all days.
                          Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Oh no, hope all turns out ok Flo...I think people put too much pressure on themselves at this time of year, hence so much illness as everyone is so run down. Enjoy your day Flo as best you can.
                            sigpic

Comment

• There's always something Flo, hope you can all get together at some point in the future.
                              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                              --------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                              -------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                              -----------------------------------------------------------
                              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Hope it all works out ok for you Flo. Got to get children dressed - due at a friends for drinks in 15 minutes!

Happy Christmas everyone!
                                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X