Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well kitchen is all tidy. Potatoes and parsnips are peeled and ready to go whenever we decide to eat. Got frozen carrots, peas and corn on the cob lor the little one. Table set out, dishes at the ready and I am now sat doen with a drink waiting for my family to arrive.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I have had a thought,with peeps being unwell,and transport,some working some not,stressed out,ALL things in general,how much nicer to have a get together in the better weather,no hiped up prices,and crouded shops ext,it can then be arranged around peeps free er time,and hopefully the only bugs will be the garden ones,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all. Dinner is done and now sitting down channel flicking until Frozen is on. Lucky me.
        Will got a robot dog for xmas. Damn thing you are meant to be able to programme it and get it to do various tricks. At the moment all he is getting it to do is to sit down and do back flips.
        Also he got a skate board and I'm surprised we haven't ended up at A&E already.
        I got a Vivofit. No excuses anymore about not doing 10,000 steps a day now.
        Sorry to see some vine members aren't so well or family members aren't too good. Hope you and they are feeling better soon.
        Have a good afternoon everyone
        sigpic

Comment

• Lovely visit to friends house for drinks, & children very happy to see their friends. Had a nice family dinner - basically a roast with pigs in blankets. Children v happy with their presents & all calmed down and happy now.

Thanks to BM for cheering me up & lumpy for her kind words & the rest of you for letting me rant.

Was hoping for a family dog walk in woods to test out youngests new wellies but now raining.

Meeting up with the same friends for swamp football in a very muddy field tomorrow!
          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Evening folks! How are we all? Special (((hugs))) to HH and anyone else who has had a 'trying' day with their nearest and dearest!

Been nice here - although it wasn't until I came back into the house after walking mum home on what is a very mild evening that I realised just how high we'd got the heating set to - with the amount of heat that must be radiating out, I'm surprised I haven't had a raid from the drugs squad thinking we're growing cannabis!

Spent a couple of hours this evening watching Dr Who/Strictly/Call the Midwife in a chocolate coma, which added port and lemon, but now need to shake a leg, clear some of the debris, and have a mind-clearing bath; all of which will set the scene for a turkey sandwich supper.....

Gotta be done!

Comment

• Morning All FIL was visited and MIL felt well enough to go to my daughter's so a good day in the end Clear sunny sky here, but bitterly cold and windy. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all

Lovely sunny day here ...an unseasonal 10C. Lovely for a walk later.
                Phew...we have a day of calm here.

I may go into the field of a garden later and play with my Xmas pressie....a proper bow and arrows!
                I've wanted one for years-such fun!

I have to say that the homegrown sprouts, parsnips, white carrots and our own stored spuds were an absolute hit!....cor blimey....this is what GYO is all about eh?

Everyone OK?...hope the sickies are recovering quickly....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all, think we have the edge of storm Conor...blowing a hoolie and chucking it down. My blowaway tomato greenhouse has blown away to goodness knows where. Nice surprise for someone! Just hope it hasn't damaged anything on its way.
                  Well, hope you all had a lovely day yesterday. All went well here but we have to do it all again when we go to my mums later in the day. Not sure OH will make it as he is still feeling unwell. Everyone is dropping like flies, this particular cold bug seems to be a stinker.
                  Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day with better weather than we have here.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Lovely sunny day here, showing 6deg, but minus 1 in real money with a distinct bite in the air. Having said that, we had great weather over the Christmas season in spite of the doom and gloom forecast.
                    Have a great day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon,

I've just woke up about a hour ago haha. I've not slept that long in years. It's really windy here today so I am going to stay indoors and stay warm. Hope the weather is better tomorrow then I can go down to the allotment and see if my blow away is still there covering my onions. I did put bricks on it to try and keep it where it is.
                      I had a good Christmas at my parents house. Hope you all had a good Christmas, bet there is a few sore heads today hehe.

Have a good day
                      Carrie

Comment

• good evening to you all, I hope all who were feeling poorly are recovering, I must say yesterday was great all the family down and finished up with a game of charades, kids have a different way of presenting things from me, or perhaps I am too out of touch, intended to come back on last night but finally sat down the back of ten and watched a bit of telly, started to feel I need my bed so off I went (early for me) and slept till the back of nine this morning, extremely unusual for me, but feel great now, OH started the clean up when I wanted to catch up with the Doctor etc. but I couldn't sit watching the tv while she was so busy, so I went through to the conservatory out of her way I know what you are thinking, rary is so considerateI later cleaned down the last of the turkey and made it into a curry which is now in the freezer, to be used the next time I have to make the tea. For those on holiday from work, enjoy what remains of it, but give a thought for us who don't get holidays now and of course I helped my wife tidy up, I wouldn't dare try sitting watching TV while she could find things for me to do
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all. Thanks for the hugs Hazel - needed and much appreciated Glad it worked out well for you in the end Flo.

Swamp football was great fun & just what was needed to blow the cobwebs away. Friends neighbour, a young girl of 17 joined us and took great delight in splashing OH with as much mud as possible (with my encouragement All the children love her so very welcome.

Home for lunch, then afternoon pottering in garden plus a bonfire. Photo of carrot on what I harvested today thread was going to be in youngests hands to emphasise size, but youngest refused to comply when I said I wanted to send it to grandma - thought I was going to send grandma the actual carrot!

Now to do dishwasher & tidy as OH thinks that's what I'm doing while he's walking dog - not talking to all you lovely peeps
                          Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• I have had the best Christmas since Brian died 11 years ago. I haven't laughed so much in eons. My thanks going to my daughter. The food was lovely (mostly cooked by my butcher grandson) followed by reminiscences and a rather risque card game.

My 2 dogs were joined by my daughters boxer, my grandsons terrier and my youngest sons chihuahua. And they all got on well together.

I'm tired and off to bed. Nightsy, night
                            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Just been having a read through some other threads today as I have time to myself, nice to see the things that make Grapes happy, and most of the posts about frendship/joy with other people, also one about coloured mesh, with a reference someone not wanting to spend money being likened to me, now where did that thought come from:. Well it won't be long until we can start gardening again, so keep wheel every one, and try to help someone else, and see the pleasure it gives.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning vines.. Just catching up on the vine and having breakfast, this is the only time of year that I tend to hit the Whisky but I'm sure there mast be someone else drinking it as well 2/3 of a large bottle in two days!
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X