Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Funny that VC as everyone here was buying as though the shops were going to be closed for a month! You have to wonder sometimes!
    sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all, it has been raining hard all day. So depressing.
      Been for a mini food shop, got the kids coming over tomorrow for a nice roast dinner. Only needed veg.
      Yes, well, ££ later, I had the veg and lord knows what else.
      Then off to BQ to buy more paint and collect more wallpaper samples.
      It's two weeks until we have the central heating done, and I cannot wait. The whole house is on the move! I'd lost my mojo with this house, but hopefully when it's done I will find it again.
      Can't even think about gardening yet, but am looking forward to it.
      Hope you are all well this New Years Day
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        Mornin n'all n'all!
        Just hope this cold thingy hurries up and goes...tis a long un ain't it? ( I hear 3weeks sounds about right?)

Hope everyone else have a luverly day-whatever you do

Oh...and Hibou says Happy New Year!
        Going with what VC and Jay were saying the lengthy of time your cold lasts is in relation to how old you are, mine lasted a day
        It has been a lovely day here today when going to church I had to scrape the windscreen that's the first I have had to do that this year Once home actually got out to the garden for a time although very cold was good to get some work done, spread some cardboard over a bed then upended a wheel bin full of shredded branches and spread it over the top of it, although I think I will need to rethink how I store the shreddings in future as it is not as easy to lift it as is used to be, perhaps the wood is getting heavier nowadays Well enjoy the remainder of the day and a bit of advice maybe a bit late but worth remembering, always drink water after your alcohol the same volume or slightly more, it saves any hangover or headache, so I have been told, as I don't drink I couldn't say. By for now
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          Funny that VC as everyone here was buying as though the shops were going to be closed for a month! You have to wonder sometimes!
          I'm back but there were lots of empty shelves - very little bread but lots of cheap cream cakes. "Let them eat cake!" so I am
          It was veeeeeeeeeery quiet - didn't have any daft conversations, apart from with myself Very cold in the store too - even the checkout girl was shivering. Maybe they turned the heating off over New Year?

Rary, you have been remaindered! Nearly bought one for the fun of nibbling your tail

Attached Files

Comment

• We haven't been out all day - pjs, candles and films & games. Lovely!

Plus I've started some of the chillies.
            http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Ooh - I'm jealous - can't get away with a day in pj's with the small ones around & still waiting for my chilies - should be here soon.

Got a reduced shoulder of lamb, so making cawl for tomorrow, but putting pearl barley in so not sure if it counts?
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Happy New Year to all - nice hour or so on the allotment this afternoon - grandkids were treasure hunting in the woods with daughter & S in L so I was able to get a lift up and toast the New year on the plot whilst they searched for toys and chocolates etc. Managed to tidy up a couple of the beds where the sweet corn and squash had been growing - something has been eating my beetroot but most is still untouched :-) Had my own Brussel sprouts with dinner tonight - just returned so time for a cuppa before a film and bed :-)
                Endeavour to have lived, so that when you die, even the undertaker will be sorry - Puddinghead Wilson's Diary

Nutter by Nature

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all

Cor..looks different out there-who pinched the frost and sun?

Young cockerel seems to be getting the hang of crowing. Not there yet, but still very funny!
                  Have a great day n'all!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nic, it's bladdy cold out there so best top up with coffee...............now where's that bacon........
                    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                    -----------------------------------------------------------
                    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Good morning, its a frosty start here today and a clear sky, nothing planned for today so might get into the garden but at the moment I am going to make some porridge enough for the dog and myself, my wife prefers a breakfast of fruit and finer, so will see you later enjoy your day and pass on a smile
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning Frosty out but warm in bed with tea and GYO mag. Have a good day
                        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning its icy and cold here so i won't be going far.

Originally posted by happyhumph View Post
                          Got a reduced shoulder of lamb, so making cawl for tomorrow, but putting pearl barley in so not sure if it counts?
                          I've never made cawl but i do add either pearl barley or oats if i want to thicken my stews, and sometimes dumplings, do love dumplings
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all, a dry, bright day is forecast. So far, so good
                            Got the kids for dinner today. Hubby has done veg for me. Enough to feed 10, I'm saying nothing ....
                            Have a lovely day folks, hopefully sunny
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Happy Sunshiny Monday No fog, no frost, no falling stuff - fankfully! Haven't stuck my nose outside the door yet so could be freezing cold!
                              Washings on, puppies fed, coffee at hand and seeds to sow. That's me sorted.
                              Have a smiley day everyone - whateffer

Comment

• So you lot have pinched the frost?
                                At least my roads will be safe to drive on-for now!

I need to get a few bits of food shopping in today ( not a bank holiday here) and fancy making a huuuuge shepherds pie and freezing part of it. Just fancy that....

I didn't manage to start the espellette peppers off yesterday, so today is THE day!

VC - are you doing a 2017 sowing thread like you have done in previous years?
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X