Greenhouse insurance

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greenhouse insurance

Has anybody managed to insurance their greenhouse? They seem to exclude storm damage, which is what I want cover for

Contents are covered by the house insurance, but how much are some tomato plants worth

Not something I've ever thought about Thelma. but i know from their taste my toms are priceless.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

I've never thought about it either - not even when a branch of next door's tree fell on a GH and crushed it. Fortunately, it was in winter and there were no tomatoes in it

Comment

I just got a nice new big(ger) one and thought that if the first storms of winter flattened it, I'd be really gutted
        Decided that for a few quid a month it would be worth insuring it.......... but no. Oh well

Comment

Does your building insurance cover storm damage to greenhouses? Some do cover this apparently but I don't know much about it?

Comment

That's who I phoned, and they don't cover storm damage.

Comment

My house insurance covers storm damage on gh if wind above something like 60 or 70 mph. Paid up no problems when ours went flying in 90mph winds. Worth checking what weather station they use to check the wind speed though
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

This co-op insurance covers greenhouses in their buildings insurance,it might be good to change depending on which ones best?
                "cover for domestic outbuildings at your home address, including sheds, garages and greenhouses"

Buildings Insurance cover from Co-op Insurance

Comment

Thanks for that for the info

Comment

Worth checking to see if the same company has different policies as well, or add-ons etc.
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X