Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well now I know what is in the freezers, I wonder where the apricot logs went!

Collapse

X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well now I know what is in the freezers, I wonder where the apricot logs went!

A new year and time for a spring clean and a tidy as things generally get shoved in cupboards out of the way before Christmas with a 'I'll deal with that in the new year!'.

So I have been through all 3 freezers, tidied and inventoried with the new year resolution that I will keep the freezer book up to date. A resolution that will last all of a week.

Looking at what is in the freezers I won't need to do much shopping in the next couple of months.

And I will have to get in the kitchen to use some of the fruit gluts for jams and chutneys for this years events. And instead of storing the fruit from the allotment blinking well eat it. Must find Nigel Slaters fruit book.

BUT, where did I put the fruit logs I made to eat with cheese. I made dried fig, apricot and nut salamis wrapped in baking parchment to look like salamis. Some for the Xmas gifts and some for us.

Can I find the last three? Of Course not.

I have a vague recollection of tidying them away so the house was stage set for Christmas and I could kid myself that it was always this tidy.

But no, I have not found them. Now Mr Bee would never eat them all without asking first. He is not that brave.

Oh well, once my fingers are less cold and frozen I suppose I will have to continue the Winter clean and try to find the little beggars. I expect that I will find all the stuff that I lost and couldn't find when I was looking for them but still won't find the fruit logs.

Er - you didn't put them on the fire did you thinking they were Yule logs??
    I work very hard so please don't expect me to think as well!

Comment

:

No. I am daft but not that daft.

It will take me taking everything out of every cupboard and drawer to find the darn things.

I really must do a thorough clear and sort out in the next couple of weeks. I will be ruthless.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
      Working...
      X