Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning boys and girls, my washing machine is on, hope it brightens up a bit
    I need the sun back for my tumbling toms. They are doing really well. I feel so proud when I grow from seed. Always a faf to start (no greenhouse), but so worth it.
    Nothing much in my itinery today, still got household chores, the same ones
    Have a great day, especially Bren
    Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
      Have a great weekend sparrow....sounds wonderful,...good luck

Rary....no need to fret....pop it in the tumble drier... or do you have one of those wonderful racks over the fireplace?
      (Insider info for you ....I generally only have 4 combinations for washing....40C whites, 40C coloureds , 60C whites and the occasional handwash!) most of my things are tumbled these days as the birds tend to poop on my washing line and it needs redoing!
      Outdoor drying always smells so lovely, but I can't abide crispy hard line-dried towels!

What do others tend to do?...I can't cope with biological powders for various reasons so lower temp washing is out of the question for me....tried it and it filed miserably!

So...off to do a 60C white load before I forget!

Have a great day y'all
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• If have been using Lids non bio powder for a while now Nicos. Only because hubby got the wrong packets
        Been pleasantly surprised with the low temp washes, but do use a spoonful of some other stain remover on hubby's clothes
        Always try for line dry, surprised that the birds do not soil the laundry mind you.
        During winter I use radiator airers and hang tops and jumpers from the door frames upstairs
        I don't use any fabric conditioner by the way
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
          Snoop its possibly sympathetic feelings as I have to do all the housework without being
          paid
          Thanks!

Anyway, cool, cloudy and a bit windy. Could do without the wind, but the cool and cloud cover are fantastic. Got a lot done. All the watering and some digging. Mr Snoop spread a bit of muck about for me and did some rotavating. So more plants can now go in. The leeks, sadly, look truly dreadful. Dog paw prints all over the place. The trampling won't have helped. Will just have to buy in some more. Also, have discovered a load of green aphids on the melon plants. That's a first. I wouldn't have thought melon leaves would provide a comfy home: a bit dry and scratchy. Anyway, will have to do something about that before they spread.

Just had a fantastic lunch and now waiting for that to go down a bit before I have an afternoon nap. The joys of weekends.

Hope you're all having a good one too.

Comment

Did I say the right thing on previous post, is that what you women do about your washing, I've hung it out ( not in the proper order apparently) if it dries what's the difference if it rains too bad
            It just gets an extra rinse.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              (Insider info for you ....I generally only have 4 combinations for washing....40C whites, 40C coloureds , 60C whites and the occasional handwash!) most of my things are tumbled these days as the birds tend to poop on my washing line and it needs redoing!
              Outdoor drying always smells so lovely, but I can't abide crispy hard line-dried towels!

What do others tend to do?...I can't cope with biological powders for various reasons so lower temp washing is out of the question for me....tried it and it filed miserably!
              I use a none bio wash powder then add vinegar instead of fabric conditioner, seems to work well and the clothes don't smell of vinegar at all. I like to line dry best of all if its raining I've got a line in my lean-too and if I leave the door open that helps. Otherwise its either the airing rack or tumble dryer if I need something to dry quick.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Was out for a wee while and the rain came on, the washing now in the drier,I only wear combinations in the winter Nicos and non bio powder, no conditioner, when I was hill walking I never let my wife wash any of the walking clothes as conditioner ruined the wicking ability of the clothes, plus my walking socks only got an occasional wash, just with water, which was better for the feet, Bren need to ask, what do you mean the creases haven't dropped, if it technical I could slip it into a conversation with OH, who might then think I'm interested thereby win some brownie points, and I am trying to avoid ironing so you slipping things on to the pile will not help
                Last edited by rary; 01-07-2017, 04:10 PM.
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Bren need to ask, what do you mean the creases haven't dropped, if it technical I could slip it into a conversation with OH, who might then think I'm interested thereby win some brownie points, and I am trying to avoid ironing so you slipping things on to the pile will not help
                  Rary I never iron anything and usually the creases drop out of whatever I'm wearing in a few minutes but with this skirt they've not I can't think of a way for you to earn any points sorry. but if i come up with anything I'll let you know.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good evening all.
                    Well its been a very sad and upsetting day here for our family.
                    My friend, and grandmother to two of my grandkids lost her battle with cancer and passed away this morning.
                    Grandkids are distraught. What a sad time when they have to start facing the reality of life.

And when your back stops aching,
                    And your hands begin to harden.
                    You will find yourself a partner,
                    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• I'm so sorry for your sad loss, Bramble. It can be very hard on children to lose beloved family members and especially if they are too young to really understand what is going on. My thoughts are with you and your family.
                      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• I'm sorry for your loss too Bramble. It must be awful seeing your GG grieving
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• sorry for your loss ,Bramble

Comment

• So sorry, Bramble. Big hugs for you and your family xx

Comment

• So sorry Bramble. Hugs.

There was a clue in my crossword this morning which I was able to answer even though I have never watched the film. Now watching "Gone With the Wind".
                              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                              Oxfordshire

Comment

• The loss of a friend is always sad, bramble, even when you know it is coming, reminisce with the children and remember the good times and the sad times, remember your friendship. I will think of you and the children in my prayers, God bless
                                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X