Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I decided to go out and let someone else cook for me. Didn't work. Fairford Air Show is on not far from me. The only tables were hideyhole in the corner or next to the loos. I might be on my own but no. So I had a glass of wine and moved on.

I've now got a shepherds pie out of the freezer. Not quite what i want for sunday lunch but heyho, it's food.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Interestingly my daughter has been helping me sort the garden out. She asked if I had a plan which I did and gave her a copy. 6 weeks ago she insisted we dug the rose bush out. I thought it was because it was the only way of getting rid of the huge schumach roots that ran through it. My plan is to divide the garden into three "rooms". When I suggested putting the rose back she asked why as I wouldn't be able to see my shed (summerhouse to her) from the kitchen. Um, The idea of the 3 rooms is that there is a path from one to the other but that you can't see each room til you get there. The plants were in the plan and if she knew anything about them she would have cottoned on a year ago.

The rose is a rare local one which I can't remember the name of, but is named after a local village. It only flowers for 3 weeks but it is very pretty and smells wonderful and hasn't flowered this year because we ousted it from its bed.
      Last edited by JanieB; 16-07-2017, 05:58 PM.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• What a shame you had to dig it up.
        Not the best time of the year to replant a rose bush but I hope it works out for you.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all! I just had an "oops" moment...

Last week I demolished a rockery. This afternoon I built a new one around my pond and filled it with rescued plants. I used all of the old rocks and was proudly cleaning up when I discovered ... the other pile of rocks that I had saved because there wasn't room on the first pile. If I'd remembered, I'd have built a bigger rockery but now I don't think I can be bothered. But what am I going to do with all those rocks now?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20170716_194831 rockery.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	105.3 KB
ID:	2373659 Click image for larger version

Name:	20170716_194813 rocks.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	2373660
          My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
          Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Martin H View Post
            But what am I going to do with all those rocks now?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]74980[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]74981[/ATTACH]
            Fill in the pond
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry Martin just couldn't resist that comment, but before you consider getting rid of them, give yourself time to think about them, after all you might redesign your rockery to utilise them, wish you well whatever you decide
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Evening all. Lovely weather so took a trip down to South Ayrshire, beautiful. Sun was warm but it was breezy. Yesterday was a complete wash out. Took a run round to Port Glasgow...they have a big Tesc@ there which sells fresh dog food (only place we can buy it). Looking across the Clyde towards home we could see nothing for the mist and the rain. Hope you all have had a lovely weekend and hope your son feels better soon rary!
                sigpic

Comment

• Should also have said hope your daughter feels better too bramble!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Rain this morning so took children to cinema to see new minions film. Not bad but not as good as the earlier ones - children enjoyed though.

Youngest asked eldest to give youngest a hair cut so eldest obliged! While not wanting to encourage free-form hair cutting it actually looks good!
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good evening, I was in that Tesco on Friday Jay, if I had known you were heading there I would have left some money behind the counter for you to buy a coffee or whatever, I did go into the B&M ext to it where I bought 24 geraniums for £6. which are now in tubs in the back garden that's the first one I have came across with a GC. so might be up there again especially when the m/s opens, OH can't walk very far but never any bother walking round cloth shops

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                        Should also have said hope your daughter feels better too bramble!
                        Thank you so much Jay.
                        Yes, she is recovering but, sometimes I wonder why they do such silly things as they are supposed to be" mature"

And when your back stops aching,
                        And your hands begin to harden.
                        You will find yourself a partner,
                        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Should have added we head to hospital tomorrow to get the plaster off, so that might mean the fun of helping her dress will come to an end oh and I will get my hearing aid sorted as it stopped working the other day, I think it got burnt out with all the jobs she was telling me to do. Well need to be up early tomorrow as I have the two older grandsons to watch though they won't surface till about 11, might also have the two younger ones also deep ends on how their dad feels, remember to pass on a smile, and give a helping hand if you can, it could be me that needs it. Goodnight

Comment

• Good Morning All Phew it's warm. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and those that follow, looks to be sunny here today too much work to have an allotment goof off day though, but can't complain just happy the work keeps rolling in.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning boys and girls, a fine morning here, must get some washing on lol
                                Back to work after my lovely Birthday yesterday.
                                Talking of work, there's 200 pairs of shoes to sort out .....
                                Runner beans to be picked today, a full 10 days earlier than last year, whoopee
                                Have a lovely day folks
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X