X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good Morning All very grey this morning, but still hot. Have a good day
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Crew. Well for all the Met Office warnings one big clap of thunder and about 2-3mm of rain overnight and that was it!. Warm, sticky and very grey here this morning too
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• My runners are rubbish this year so could do with a good downpour.

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

Looks like the courgette glut is starting!
          Must get out the preserving jars...exciting times
          I just love making up jars of home grown veg and seeing the shelves stack up high ready for the winter...

Ironing today for me-don't mind cos it looks a bit grey out there today.

Have a gud'un peeps
          See ya later.....
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Blimey just seen what happened in Cornwall with the flash flood, hope any vines down that part of the UK are OK, luckily no injuries reported
            Last edited by Cadalot; 19-07-2017, 06:43 AM.
            sigpic
            . .......Man Vs Slug
            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Just seen that too Cad.
              It must be heartbreaking having to clear up all that mess.
              As you say, thankfully no injuries.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning, its not a shorts and tee shirt day here today its sort of drab out, but a good day to garden.
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning everyone, we had a storm just as I was going to bed.
                  Woke up at 1, 3, 5 am. The sound of rain on next doors conservatory and the other sides non existent guttering are the culprits as always.
                  Off to Gloucester today to visit Aunty in hospital. She is much better apparantly. On top of all her ailments, she hadn't been drinking and of course was dehydrated.
                  Anyway, this little episode should put her on the radar, and I'm sure they won't let her home till the home is made safe for her.
                  Have a good day all, the allotments and gardens will benefit from all this rain
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning, still sunny but very very windy. Had to batten down the blowaway, haven't been round to have a check whether it's still there!
                    I was up most of the night too NS but with the dog, the old boy was too warm I think, hopefully cooler tonight.
                    Anyhoo, hope you have a great day and avoid the storms.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. It was a dull start to the morning but I decided I would get ready and go to my pitch and putt.,
                      Just going out the door when it started raining.
                      Not a lot of rain really but a risk of lightening so no pitch and putt.
                      A day of ironing for me which has been building up since the fine weather began.
                      No grandkids today, so all out of excuses.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all - it was forecast rain and no storms all day today (HH I didnt water my plants either in anticipation) -turns out its sunny and very humid. The rain has disappeared from the forecast and now just storms from 8pm - hopefully the rain will come, and not the hail!

Hope everyone's ok and surviving the great british summer

Comment

• Heavy rain and thunderstorms last night. Just as well as I didn't water my plants last evening. I'm sure my tomatoes have grown a foot overnight. Oh and I've got one ripe one.

A question. What do you envisage when someone talks about a garden? I think of plants and grass. I've just been on our local FB site and there is a "landscape gardener" on there advertising his business. The example he has put online is a reasonably sized garden which he has covered with over half in decking with the rest grass. No veggies, no flowers. The only mitigation I can see is that the turf is real. What makes it worse is the number of people wanting him to do the same to theirs, some even wanting AstroTurf instead of the real thing.

It's what I think of when the Americans call their gardens a yard, which, as far as I'm concerned is a paved area.
                          Last edited by JanieB; 19-07-2017, 02:21 PM.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All Grey again here. We didn't get the rain yesterday so hope it's today. Have a good day

Comment

• Morning Flo et al Grey here as well a little rain over night just enough to wet the concrete path down a little. Have a great day everyone
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning Flo we've got plenty of rain and it looks like its set in for the day.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X