This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon,

Sunny here now but not sure for how long. No plot for me today, caught up on house work. Still got the laundry to do yet. Thought I would have a minute to catch up on here before I get back to it.
    Carrie

Comment

• Still babysitting my 14 yr old granddaughter. Had a long chat with her father tonight (my son). The parents split up 5 years ago but the animosity lingers on. I refuse to get involved in their dispute. I just look after my granddaughters as and when.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Dark and cold this morning, but the promise of a fine weekend. Have a good day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all
          *passes Flo the bestest frock....

Dark ain't it?
          I'd not realised that yesterday was the Autumn equinox....so, we're officially in Autumn then....feels like it too!
          Having said that, yesterday I did prune my espaliered apple and pear trees without the need for a jumper....

Hope the rain holds off today, I need to pick up the hazelnuts out of the lawn so it can be cut.
          *wanders off to check out Penellype's weather forecast....
          Last edited by Nicos; 22-09-2017, 05:06 AM.
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• And I've got shoes that fit

Comment

• Ha!...

Talking of shoes....I forgot to take any shoes with me to the uk last week!
              I travelled in my crocs as they are so comfy but forgot anything smarter
              A quick trip to TKMAXX sorted that out....
              Don't think crocs would have gone down well at a funeral eh?
              Last edited by Nicos; 22-09-2017, 05:25 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All, chucked it down most of yesterday but today the suns up From here I can see the Trent valley full of mist and the sun's just hitting the rooftops, looks great.
                Have a good one, nearly the weekend..

Edit to say it's only 5.6 degrees
                Last edited by Mr Bones; 22-09-2017, 06:22 AM. Reason: temp
                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

• Morning Crew rained here last night but the sun is coming around. It was cold last night as the half inch of water/ moisture on the bottom of the windows indicates. Very cold when I went outside in my PJ's to put the washing on (machine lives in an outside store).

Mrs C didn't make it downstairs yesterday so I will have to see what today brings, she is worried that she may not be able to get out of the tipping chair, she is walking very slowly back and forth from the Bed to the loo with the aid of a walking stick, and spent a little time tidying the spare bedroom yesterday until I sent her back to bed with a flea in her ear, when I thought she had done enough.

I'm still having to assist her in and out of bed 80% of the time, especially at night which is great fun when I have finally got to sleep. She does try and hates me having to help her and gets quite emotional about it, but there we are, we promised in sickness and health when we got married.
                  Last edited by Cadalot; 22-09-2017, 06:30 AM.
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• I hope Mrs Cad is a lot better today Almost forgot - we have frost this morning, didn't notice first thing, but I have now

Comment

• Morning all - well I t's just after midnight here - hope Mrs Cad is better today
                      Hubby just won $1000 dollars earlier tonight. $20 in the machine, betting 50cents it lasted 3/4 hour and then boom!
                      Still smiling here. Couldn't possibly go to sleep, so I'm going to have a jolly good look around the Vine
                      Have a great Friday
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Big commiserations, FF. That must be a shock. I've been out looking at some of my plants this morning. The cold has definitely done for some of them, but no frost as yet. Is that very early for you?

And big congratulations to Mr NS.

And big hugs to Mr and Mrs Cadalot.

Not much to report this end. Busy morning, paid drudgery-wise, then out for lunch, then a rush paid-drudgery job for the weekend. But, it'll all be money in the bank eventually.

Have a jolly time, everyone.

Comment

• Morning, there's nothing wrong with crocs Nicos I'm sure there's a pair for every occasion my fave ones just now are fur lined Mammoth ones.

Hope you and Mrs Cad have an better day today.

Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                          Almost forgot - we have frost this morning, didn't notice first thing, but I have now
                          It was 5.5c in my GH last night so the coldest yet, not sure of the outside temp but its not done my courgettes any good
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all.
                            We had rain overnight but its dry now.
                            A very breezy morning but sunnyn and bright.
                            Sorry to hear Mrs Cad is poorly and hoping for a better day today.
                            No crocs for me Nicos, I am one of the Sketcher brigade.
                            Congrats to Mr Nanny Sally on his win, hope youre having a grest holiday.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning,dull with a wee bit of moisture in the wind (known locally as a slever in the wind), Cad sorry to read about the problems the two of you are having, hope OH improves.
                              Nicos like you I can go out and do work in the garden , pruning etc. without a jumper, this is due to the good insulation that I have, to some folks its fat to me its insulation and bacon rolls help tremendously I am now thinking on using an iron, but can't make my mind up whither it's a three iron or a four iron I will go over the field with. Enjoy your day Folks whatever the weather brings
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all. a bit foggy here first thing but quite nice and bright now.
                                Sorry to hear Mrs Cad isn't to good still. Hope she feels a bit better today.
                                I'm off to work in a few mins.
                                Have a good day everyone
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X