Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good afternoon all,dry again here,if i remember rightly bren,pecan taste similar to a walnut,glad your grandson is ok deano,and sending get well vibes to poor Rary,and anyone else who needs them,have a good day and B good 2 u self.
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon, watching grandsons just now, still not feeling 100% but a bit better, heavy rain at present so would not be doing any garden work anyway and really not fit to do any household choirs, I reckon it will be at least three weeks before I will feel fit to do any of those and possibly a lot longer than that before I do them Well daughter has arrived home and I am heading for my own Keep safe and keep a smile handy
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by lottie dolly View Post
        Good afternoon all,dry again here,if i remember rightly bren, pecan taste similar to a walnut,.
        Thanks LD I did google and it seems walnuts taste sweeter than pecans. that and the pie tastes nice
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all. Well was planning an allotment trip but Han was poorly this morning so allotment was cancelled. She is fine now so she is back at school tomorrow.
          So my day has been going backwards and forwards between Han and work.
          I am now sat down on line and channel flicking
          Have a good evening everyone
          sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Same as yesterday here, dark and damp. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all
              Cor blimey...it's still very dark isn't it?
              Another fair few days before the clocks go back though isn't it?

Bren...the pecans have less of a bitter aftertaste compared to walnuts. I actually prefer them to walnuts.
              So much so I thought it might be worth looking into getting a sapling ( although I've never seen one for sale anywhere!)
              Turns out you need at least 2, need open spaces, they grow up to 100ft high, and they need a fair bit of water and takes 6-10 years to produce nuts.
              Hmmm, not the ideal sort of tree...but still,quite an interesting project.

https://www.arborday.org/Trees/treeg...cfm?itemID=897
              Anyone seen any pecan trees in the UK?

Lots to do today...posters to post and flyers to fly...
              ...and guess what?....with everything going on here at 90 miles an hour, catching up with things, we've decided to go away for a couple of nights for my OH's birthday!

Monet's garden and house, and Chateau Gaillard. Should be interesting seeing the Autumn colours in the gardens.
              Well...that's tomorrow, so best crack on with stuff for today!
              Have a great day peeps
              Last edited by Nicos; 11-10-2017, 07:16 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All

Another dull, damp start to the day

Hopefully it will brighten up later as I want to plant some onion sets and garlic. Spent a small fortune on seeds yesterday but it's getting near to that time where I start to imagine what 2018 might look like over the plots.
                Every Autumn I start thinking about what will go in what bed, refined over the winter and totally different in the spring.

Have a wiźzy Wednesday all

Comment

• Morning everyone. Cool and cloudy here so far. No idea what I'm doing for the next few hours before work.
                  Have a good day everyone
                  sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Florence Fennel View Post
                    Good Morning All Same as yesterday here, dark and damp. Have a good day
                    Same weather here Flo along with being windy, at least it'll blow the leaves of the trees.

Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                    Mornin Flon'all

Bren...the pecans have less of a bitter aftertaste compared to walnuts. I actually prefer them to walnuts.
                    So much so I thought it might be worth looking into getting a sapling ( although I've never seen one for sale anywhere!)
                    Turns out you need at least 2, need open spaces, they grow up to 100ft high, and they need a fair bit of water and takes 6-10 years to produce nuts.
                    Hmmm, not the ideal sort of tree...but still,quite an interesting project.

https://www.arborday.org/Trees/treeg...cfm?itemID=897
                    Anyone seen any pecan trees in the UK?
                    Not noticed any here in the UK Nicos but I've seen the prices on google
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning people, been up since about 5:30 digging into my seed boxes and sorting out and cataloging the contents which I have started and scheduled to be posted to my blog/ diary Alans Allotment: In My Seed Box over the next couple of weeks and planning what to grow next year and in fact found some winter lettuce that I'm going to have a bash with today.

Overcast but dry here! have a good day all....
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 11-10-2017, 07:53 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Damp and breezy up here, got the wee grandsons on their way, so a day of mayhem me thinks.

Comment

• Afternoon all,where is today going eh,been quite windy earlier on,now rain,bin wholsalers,walked past all the mmmm stuff,until i saw the pecans,will make some cake another day,13.69 for a 2lb bag,got my seed order in a week plus ago,amongst them are new strawberry plants,cambridge favourit for the home patch,i to am starting to feel a little itch for next season,yes i know is like wishing your life away,will have to be content with getting ready for it all,it is most important,hoping to make the plot tomoz,B good 2U selves
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good afternoon it was heavy rain here this morning, but started to dry up about mid day, intended to do some light work in the garden but discovered a crack in my ceiling so thought I would check it out, its a polycarbonate roof and with some other damage I have found I now think someone has been on the roof, so had to sort that, if someone is trying to break into my home they are wasting their time A/ I don't leave my Wallet lying around B/ its empty anyway. No matter don't let things get you down keep safe and happy and pass on a smile

ps. Do you think if someone breaks in to my house they will take pity on me and leave some money
                            Last edited by rary; 14-10-2017, 07:21 PM.
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Now having a thunder storm, which will please my OH, she is at our sons watching the other two boys, and she is terrified with the lightning, and boy the rain is heavy, if I was out side I would be soaked twice on the way down then the bounce back up
                              Last edited by rary; 14-10-2017, 07:22 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by burnie View Post
                                Damp and breezy up here, got the wee grandsons on their way, so a day of mayhem me thinks.
                                Took the little monkeys out foraging, we found a few Hazelnuts, so back to ours to crack them open and eat them(6 year old didn't fancy eating them, but the 3 year old loved them). They then both ate all my alpine white strawberries, they both liked those.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X