Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Boys & Girls from a stop start sunny, showery, mild Nestland. Think I may have a bash at cleaning the poly..........have a good one, it's nearly here for all you workers.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning cold and icy here so i'm hoping BM will share his sunshine he can keep the rain though.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning, dull and damp this morning. Have a good break JJ! Hope everyone has a lovely day whatever you are doing.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'all!
          Where did this fog/mist come from?

yesterday I decided to go swimming on my own for the second time this week....another hour of swimming, all part of getting fit and healthier!
          More gardening today too
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning All Its an iffy day - it might rain if...............

I'm off to a GC with a Countrywide store as they're selling layer's pellets on special offer - 3 x 20kg bags for £18. Feeling peckish at the thought
            Might have to have a look at plants too
            Enjoy your Thursday!

Comment

• Afternoon all, sun has finally got here. Good job, as I have 2 loads of washing out!
              Still decorating ........
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening,what a very positive day we had ,he was up washed ,dressed and ready to be transported out by 8 am,OT had a home visit,and pleased at how better things were to a month ago,also a good chat as to his moods/wanting to give up,is going to be passed on/introduced to another service outreach ??,to try and improve the walking and hand use,then had him out for coffee over the road,what a new man today,my mallet can go back in store again for now ,i also got the last off 4 seat cushions finnished and on the chairs,i was very good and even cleaned all the mess up,life has the thumbs up once more,i WANT more days on the trot like this,and just to cap the day,SON is doing a roast chicken dinner for us all,so no cooking,count this as on the happy thread as well
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• So happy for you LD, I've just cooked a roast chicken dinner for my lot - it's 7 pm and there's still no sign of them. Count that bit on the rant thread lol
                  Well, the washing did dry, so that's all having an airing upstairs
                  Work was fast and furious as usual, I think I will have to cut my days back. I will have worked 6 shifts by Saturday.
                  Just booked a couple of nights in Sandbanks to celebrate our 37th anniversary in March - any excuse when a good deal is on
                  Like LD, not a bad day at all, and I've sorted my drawers in the kitchen VC
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• I have had a fantastic day *skippety-skip!*

Went to my first Garden Press Event (feeling slightly like an imposter!), learnt loads, was brave and chatted to lots of new people, came away with much swag and, best of all, met up with other garden bloggers for cake and a natter, including the lovely Cadders.

And then I had some margaritas. Not even one of the chilli plants being decapitated by a commuter (possibly my coat) can dim my mood.
                    http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Sparrow, I have to ask - what's a Garden Press Event?
                      ..........and what swag did you get?

Comment

• Good evening, sitting here absolutely shattered started had a busy morning, after dropping the boys off at school I had to go and collect a parcel for my daughter, then took her dog a walk ( its time this dog was mine) had to wait for OH who was working at a coffee morning had to try several cups of coffee and sample some cakes,( must add ones my wife had made and I was not allowed to touch) then home where we started stripping out the kitchen, OH cant lift anything heavy or stretch too high, so I was emptying the top cupboards and I have arthritis in my shoulders, so now they feel as if they are on fire, all the doors have been removed , most of the cupboards empted, now need a good massage, the chances of that are as they say a bit slim. Well I wish you all a good night those with the cooked chickens try and keep me a bit, I think I need some nourishment. goodnight
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• My Gaugemaster controller turned up early from the ebay man, so up in the loft playing with the train set, not for me of course, for the grandkids when they come round....................................

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                            Sparrow, I have to ask - what's a Garden Press Event?
                            ..........and what swag did you get?
                            It's an exhibition for horti companies to promote new ranges/wares for 2017 to people who might write about them. And most of them are giving out free stuff to try or tempt you. There is a huge range of companies promoting stuff from £100k greenhouses (I didn't get one... ) to posh firepits (didn't want one) to seeds (I got some!) and everything inbetween.

As for swag, I have plants, seeds, a trug, tools (I *heart* Burgon&Ball), possible samples of new organic fertilisers being sent to me, invites to the Hortus Loci & Sea Springs nurseries, offers of plants to try and 2 cupcakes from a very determined man who didn't believe my lack of interest in a rotavator. I'm not refusing cake...I did try to be moderate (despite anything Cadalot might say!).

Plus a handcream which might sort out my split fingers & thumb.

As well as the free stuff there was lots of advice from people who didn't mind talking for 10 or more minutes at a time. So now I know what I need to do to get better results from my hotbin, for example, had another chat to Rob Smith about beans and I've met Mr SylvaGrow (lovely man) and Stephanie Hafferty. And there was a small bloggers meet-up, which was fab given I've never met most of them.

I've never been to anything like it. I really hope I get an invite again.

Comment

• Sounds like a productive day out, sparrow
                              I'm always a bit dubious about product reviews on blogs and magazines as nobody seems to write anything disparaging. We need an honest blogger! Can we rely on you?

Comment

• Ha ha! Well I'm not going to promote something that's pants. I have been sent one of the SoilFixer products to trial this year already. I think a lot of bloggers have, so expect to see reviews of that doing the rounds later in the year.

There were a few products there that made me go a bit eye-rolly. But if that cream helps my poor benighted fingers I will be shouting it from the rooftops.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X