Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LD. I hope your troubles ease a bit and you get a chance to relax, thinking of you, but I doubt it will ever be too hot in the west coast of Scotland, mind you it would be nice to have a bit of Sun, to find out if it can be too hot, I also noted what category Jay fits into with it being a quick week for her, and here's me thinking the weekend is never coming, got some work to do just now. Enjoy the rest of the day
    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• So sorry to read about your aunt, Deano. I hope she does get a good send off.

What an amazing day! It was super windy but nice and sheltered behind the garage and very hot (it felt hot at least) in the sun. Lovely blue skies.

I tackled one of the beds and planted 50+ onions out. Left the rest for another warm day as my back was aching all that bending down.

Saw 3 lovely frogs in the garden basking in their washing up tubs. Saw a couple of bright yellow butterflies. Brimstone I think Hubby said. I am no good with butterfly names.

Got nice and dirty planting so going to enjoy a nice soak in the bath and the dirt can float right off!

We'll have to save you some birthday cake Nicos if you won't be here Sunday to share it

Enjoy the rest of the day everyone.
      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• What a beautiful day. The backdoor has been open all day, the dogs have loved it. Hollie seems to be back to her normal perky self. My daughter has turned my heating off. I've never understood the fancy wifi controls so she thought she'd show me. She gave up as well.

New propagators all planted up and labelled. The house smells of J3y3s fluid. At least it's a clean smell if a bit like a public lavatory.

I now need to find a greenhouse or polytunnel fairly soon but funds are a bit low since I paid for Hollies op. I keep looking on freegle and I have the word out but nothing yet.

Cuppa tea and a sit down. Sigh.
        Last edited by JanieB; 09-03-2017, 04:18 PM.
        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Glad Hollie is better Janie!

Glad to see OH getting out into,the greenhouse lottie, any exercise would be good I would imagine! I may just try your suggestion to train Harry and get him on that show...yeah, chance would be a fine thing. Old grumpy and knows his mind there is no chance of getting him to do anything he doesn't want toot!

Hope you all have a lovely evening.
          sigpic

Comment

• Lovely evening Jay?...yup , indeed I am!

Funny how when you manage to leave things til the last minute that friends drop round to drop off birthday cards before you go away ...and several bottles of wine are consumed....and then when they have gone you realise you still have loads to do!
            Albeit is somewhat of a wibbly wobbly sort of way!

Ha!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• What a beautiful, sunshiny day it's been.
              Weeds tackled, hubby gave the lawns a first cut and my dining set turned up reasonably early
              Things are lovely when the sun shines isn't it
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening all. Just got home from a months holiday to find 2 large panes of glass crashed out of my greenhouse during storm Doris. My daughter did tell me but it didnt really sink in until I actually saw it. Going to be busy for the next few days until I get it sorted and clean up the mess.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• ^^^ don't really want to 'like ' that!
                  Sorry!...not nice x

Comment

• Sorry about that bramble...hope you had a lovely holiday though!
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning all and Happy Friday Darker than it has been I expect that means it's probably going to rain. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all !

Just bobbing in to say hi ..... have a great weekend everyone

Comment

• Morning, Flo its best not to share rain so keep it to yourself.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Peopleoids, dark and dingy here, no tiling yesterday more straightening up the walls and the boxing in of pipework, finally today tiles should be going on the walls after of course they have fixed the vinyl trim around the bottom of the walls.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all,dry with sun waking up,amazing what it can do for our systems boost,not making plans,just see what i feel like at a given time,have a nice day.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning all - dry but grey here. Very overcast, but if it does not rain I will be satisfied. Glorious day yesterday, but I was at work. Typical! Still it is Friday ... counting my blessings. Have a good day all.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X