This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dorothy rouse View Post
    Morning from .Kent. Had to smile, local press have 'warned us'. 'It Might snow! It Might settle', but it Will cause disruption!! Well, can't say we haven't been warned!
    And you know it will be the wrong kind of snow that can't be cleared off the railway tracks. The Germans in the second world war could have caused more disruption by dropping the wrong kind of snow on our infrastructure.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning, a bit blustery and wet hope it passes quickly, need to take grandsons to school then walk my daughter's dog, I think I will stay in open spaces while out with her, as I don't like being in amongst trees in winds like this, see you later
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning, dull here as usual
        It's Wednesday, so that means a visit to BQ, more paint to buy, more testers to adorn my walls
        Hubby's Birthday today, so daughter had a panic yesterday and messaged to see if there was anything he wanted to do. That really means 'shall we go out for a meal and you pay?'
        We will pop over this afternoon to see her and the GG when she comes home from school. To be honest, we will be eating out every day next week on our new central heating week away from home.
        Anyway, hopefully hubby will have a day off from painting and enjoy his Birthday - 69 and not out.
        Have a great day
        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Many Happy Returns Mr Sal. May you have many more.
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning its wet and windy here but then its better than being icy and snowy.
            Happy birthday to Mr NS
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Don't know where this worry over snow has come from - if you look at the met office they just say some rain, with snow on hill tops on Thursday. Hardly the whole country being blanketed in snow & everything coming to a standstill
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Hope Mr NS enjoys his birthday

Looks a bit brighter today but very windy. Still hibernating indoors!

I can't see this deep freeze happening. Have yet to see any sign of snow. My daughter's itching to make a snowman which hasn't happened for several years due to insufficient white stuff so maybe this will be the year!
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Very chilly again. Am supposedly off to the market today for more supplies. Thought I'd delay it in the hope the frost all over the car will thaw of its own accord. I hate scraping the windscreen. It feels so futile. It always freezes back over, plus as I'm so short and the bonnet is so high for me (the car is an ancient Vitara), I can only do a small patch and get filthy and frozen while I'm at it. Only trouble is, it's gone 10 o'clock here and there's no sunshine, just a cold, cold wind...

Other than that, all good here. Have a jolly day, especially Happyhumph, who should perhaps go for a name change to Bah Humph! today.
                  Last edited by Snoop Puss; 11-01-2017, 08:06 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                    Other than that, all good here. Have a jolly day, especially Happyhumph, who should perhaps go for a name change to Bah Humph! today.
                    Can't think what you mean
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good morning all. Its a beautiful bright sunshiny day here. It is a little windy but we can live with that. Off out for a walk to the library soon.
                      Happy birthday Mr Sal.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon lovely people!
                        Am just in after my first day's volunteering back with the RDA after a break of about 30 years. The ponies have gorgeous fluffy winter coats, all soft and thick. Isn't Sultan adorable?

AND as a big bonus, there is as much manure as I can take, helpfully ordered in bays labelled 'old', 'medium' and 'new'. I am considering hiring a van for a day and shovelling as much as I can manage as it's incredibly full and they might pay someone to clear it soon.
                        Attached Files
                        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                          Cad....buy yourself a cheap fan heater or something for about £20 on the way to her place and get it plugged in! No need to be cold!
                          Just seen Wilko has one on offer for £15 so may go via Wilko's
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Spent a while ths afternoon making space in my greenhouse and brought all my container grown plants in under cover until this cold spell passes. My fuschia, geraniums, lavender and other pot grown plants all now safely indoors.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, feeling wintery tonight some hail showers, but while there are gaps in the clouds the moon looks so bright, well have to go just now as I need to pick up one of the grandsons, and once back in will just stay in the house as in these winds I don't go near the greenhouse, enjoy your night
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening all. Very cold here. Got my allotment book sorted. Think I need some more seeds
                                Have a good evening and keep warm everyone
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X