Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all. Know what you mean about the accounts cad - I'm going to get started on this year's soon.

Angle was great VC - & loads of seaweed washed up so may be making a trip with a few barrels.

Youngest in school for the morning today, so tackling eldests room which is a disgrace! Then taking youngest and dog to the beach (again!) this afternoon before picking eldest up at 4.

Wish me luck this evening - eldest has started an activity that's 5.30-7, & I have booked in for a gym induction to use my time while waiting can't say I like gyms at all, but hopefully I'll get my fitness up enough to swop to bike rides or sea swimming when the days get longer.....
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Now I'm slowly getting over this cold bug thingyI'm starting to feel desperately in need of getting fitter.
      This week I'm going to start Pilates and swimming again...and start cutting back on nosh/booze , and start eating more healthy food.
      I've unintentially lost 5lbs in 4weeks...so feeling rubbish certainly has it's upside

Thing is....thinking about it, it's the lack of gardening and the fitness involved which is getting to me...( am I the only one to ache like crazy after 20 mins weeding after a break of 10 weeks?)

So...a very positive approach for me over the coming weeks....got to stop feeling sorry for myself(still feel pretty rubbish/no voice) ...and set to........

Anyone else feeling inspired in the same way?
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• ^^^Nope!
        sigpic

Comment

• Morning!!
          Its a bit like the Seven dwarfs on here - Sneezy, Sleepy, Snotty.............

Nicos, don't want to alarm you but I had the cold/cough thingy in November and I have another one now. Better get fit while you can 'cos another bug may be lying in wait for you.
          As for "feeling inspired"........I'm with Sneezy

Comment

• ^^^^^^^is this what's in front of me when I get old
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• No idea............waiting for Nicos to answer
              The good news is its quite mild today and the bluebell leaves are showing That'll be May's flowers sorted

Comment

• You lot are just mean to me * sob

I've just cleaned the kitchen and now ready for a sleep!
                Talk about lack of energy

2 hrs to go til Pilates....

Bets on whether I go or not?.....
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Nicos, take time to get back to full health before you start your fitness regime. Otherwise you will get tired before you really get started and then you will become discouraged.
                  Its still early days and the brighter evenings will encourage you to get back on track.
                  Hope you feel better soon.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all. Back from beach, small person asleep in car. Had lots of fun right up to the point guns went off. Dog is v scared of guns and bolted down far end of beach & up slipway. Went back to car, strapped youngest in & started looking. Found her at far end of a holiday chalet complex. All fine now though....
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                      ^^^^^^^is this what's in front of me when I get old
                      RARY,this bug catching game can catch any age out,as for the things,described by some as old age,only creeps on,if you look after yourself you will survive young man,ask yourself,do i wana sink or bloomin swim,anything else it is meant to be.

Afternoon all,wet again,MR been fitted with temporary hearing aids,the telly has gone down from 60+ to 18,as well as turned down the aids themselves,amazing what's out there to help peeps these days,and no cost either ,such a good servise.
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I've been having an admin day today. I needed to do my son's invoice for last week, produce a report for a meeting tonight (OK, OK. I should have done it earlier but it's like school homework, leaving it until the last minute focusses the mind) and send a load of scanned paperwork to an insurance company. That has taken 5 and a half hours.

I have the TV on in the background as audible wallpaper. I usually have it on BBC R2 but as I was coming to the end of the paperwork I turned over to channel 5 for the afternoon film. I've been watching "Prison Break" on Netflix and thought I'd pressed the wrong button. It was the end of NCIS and it had Robert Knepper in the episode.

In case anyone doesn't know he plays one of the main characters in PB.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by bramble View Post
                          Nicos, take time to get back to full health before you start your fitness regime. Otherwise you will get tired before you really get started and then you will become discouraged.
                          Its still early days and the brighter evenings will encourage you to get back on track.
                          Hope you feel better soon.
                          You are so right bramble they tell me that there is nothing that puts older folk off quicker than lack of energy, Nicos should take it easy for a week or so then put herself into the fitness regime
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                            2 hrs to go til Pilates....

Bets on whether I go or not?.....
                            Did you go Nicos ? I know I would have stayed at home.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• I would've too Bren.

Am sitting at home, watching Rick Stein ramble on and gradually cataloguing seeds. It's a way of ignoring the pile of fairy lights in the corner...

I can offer a hacking, wheezy cough to the Sneezy, Sleepy, Snotty crew. I sound like Mutley.
                              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Sneezy, Sleepy, Snotty and Wheezy! Any one else want to be a dwarf?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X