This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Artnoon! Its 5.20 and still daylight
    Rary, if you want to feel like a spring chicken come and see my Mum. She's 97 today and a bit unsteady on her legs but her mind is amazing. She was looking at her old school photos from about 1928 and remembering the names of her class mates I can't remember my own name some days
    When I left she was tucking into an enormous fillet steak and chips that my brother had cooked for her.

Comment

• And another story for you - if you can stand another - not offended if you've had enough!!
      This one is in praise of plumbers and how they are worth every penny!
      So I have been grumbling politely about the taps in "my" bathroom - they were very stiff and I had great trouble turning them on especially if I had any soap my skin. So eventually mrbusy agreed that I had a point and as luck would have it Selco sent him a special offer on taps. So he got the taps Saturday and decided to change them over on Sunday. So straight after breakfast he was on the job. All went well - and to my satisfaction it was reported that the old taps/waste were corroded and basically fell apart - so they really did need replacing especially the waste. The first glitch came when it was apparent that the connection to the hot and cold was too short. A quick Google and the parts /extenders were ordered from Wickes as they were slightly cheaper. So a trip into town to get them. However a telephone call from Wickes came saying sorry - they only had 1 in the store. So a trip to Selco and Wickes!! Back to the job - but unfortunately one of the extender things was dropped down the back of the vanity unit - well we tried but we could not get our hand in to retrieve it - and taking the vanity unit apart was not an option! So another trip into Selco to get another extender !! By the time he came home it was 2pm - the family had arrived for lunch and time was called. So I have no plumbing to my basin and mrbusy is in Manchester until Friday! so maybe a plumber is worth his weight.....!!

Comment

• Evening all What a glorious day it has been! Sun was out all day and got up to 9 degrees which felt positively warm

My first day this year working in the garden. Did a big clear out and filled the green bin. Was a fantastic workout, now I feel pooped.

Just scoffed a lovely veggie stir fry followed up with apple and rhubarb crumble I made last year. Nom Nom.

Hope for another lovely day tomorrow. Off shopping - not my favourite task but daughter needs some new clothes since she's growing too fast. Soon be taller than me although that's not all that hard

Enjoy the evening all.
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Yay many happy returnes to VC mum
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It was a lovely sunny day indeed. Hubby went aircraft spotting, having awarded himself a day off from decorating.
            I went to work and the good weather brought people and their purses out, good takings today.
            Hubby has just come back from a bus ride to Lids with a very nice Valentines bouquet for me.
            See - sun equals nice
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by mrsbusy View Post
              Can you believe this! As we had a glorious day I arranged to meet my son and partner - Yes it is open but no tables and we can't get lunch. Maybe to do with 2 courses for £6 for seniors Mon/Tues/Weds. And there I was - tiptoeing across 4 car parks in my socks as my boots had a pound of sticky mud on each one.
              you should have kept your boots on mrsbusy, I removed mine (previous post), at the house, I dont think the carpet would have cleaned them right
              As for the pub, the seniors seem to get offers like that quite a lot, so its something to look forward to
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• At least all the extra exercise will have helped burn off your lunch MrsB hope you had pudding.
                Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Not caught up coz ain't had the time!

Day one of my course, n already my "Heads in Bit's"

But on return home, a few "Cilllies" have popped!

Oh god! How am I gunna combine the two!
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Good morning Tuesday is my new Monday. Have a good day
                    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning peopleoids, nice and dark out there at the moment, turned on the Portable LED grow station by the window and there is a nice warm glow coming from it, with 14-21 day germination period for my sprouts it's going to take some time until I found out how good the panel really is.

Have a good one everybody and lets hope its another nice sunny day today.
                      Last edited by Cadalot; 14-02-2017, 05:27 AM.
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin!

"Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning its cold, icy and foggy here so not a good day, I'm hoping it will bet a bit warmer so I can dig up some parsnips and JA's later on.
                          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning Ladies & Cad from a nippy but dry Nestland. Have a good day & a Happy Valentines to all you girls who don't have anyone to pass it on to.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning,nice and spring like here,dry and sunny so far,enjoy your day all.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning. We have a lovely sunny mornning here.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...