This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fence is down. ☹️
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon all, I've been popping in and having a read but that's all. At last my backache seems to be easing off...just got pain down the front of my leg now. Absolutely no idea how it happened. Hadn't realised how debilitating backache can be! Hope you are all safe and well and haven't been too affected by Doris. We had a bit of sleet this morning with snow on the hills...it's turned to rain now, thankfully the wind has been not too bad.
      Off for a coffee but stay safe everyone!
      sigpic

Comment

• Janie-are your neighbour's likely to replace the fence...?
        Hope so.

Glad you are feeling a bit better Jay.
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• we've got away it quite lightly really compared to some and it can be mended.

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1000379.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	102.4 KB
ID:	2371212

Comment

• WInd has finally dropped off a fair bit - but its dark now so plans to sow some stuff in the GH abandoned - must get some seeds into trays tomorrow.
            Colleaugues up in Birmingham are currently thinking they might be sleeping in the office tonight - transport problems... I imagine they'll get a curry and a beer beforehand so could be worse
            sigpic
            1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Evening the wind finally dropped about a hour ago its no longer howling in the chimneys we got of light no damage just a few things blown around the garden.
              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• My son's fence has blown down - again
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                  Afternoon all, I've been popping in and having a read but that's all. At last my backache seems to be easing off...just got pain down the front of my leg now. Absolutely no idea how it happened. Hadn't realised how debilitating backache can be! Hope you are all safe and well and haven't been too affected by Doris. We had a bit of sleet this morning with snow on the hills...it's turned to rain now, thankfully the wind has been not too bad.
                  Off for a coffee but stay safe everyone!
                  Jay, glad to hear youre feeling a bit better. Might it have been some kind of strain. Take care.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening all. Like the others glad to hear your on the mend Jay. Been windy here, huts up to 58mph at the nearest weather station but they're more sheltered than us. At a guess about 65-70, bit new gh (well, new last year) still standing which is good.

Nice afternoon with children and dog at the beach on the tidal part of the river - a little less exposed. Lots of sand hoppers under rocks, & realised it's a really good place to get seaweed - lots there, less than 15 minutes from home, & can drive right onto the beach. Will be making a trip next autumn after a spring tide with strong winds

Children in childcare tomorrow for a rare day by ourselves with OH. Looked at my seed planner and realised I've got loads to do

Night all, & hope the wind dies down overnight.
                    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good evening Folks, it was a cold start to the day, rain/sleet at a temp. of 1c. and a wee gust of wind occasionally, but really wasn't too bad, the kids wanted snow but thankfully we missed that, had a lazy day today, went to a coffee morning, then a bit of shopping, before picking up the grandchildren and taking the youngest for swimming lessons, once the boy's went home I started to tidy up and get all the tools out the kitchen, and my son has offered to put down my flooring, so his mother, my wife, offered my services to paper a room for him, I think this is her way to get me back for what I said to our grandson I will need to give some thought to how to get out of this. Well it's now time for bed, as we are going out tomorrow, I've been told, I don't know where we will go, but no doubt I will find out in the morning, so good night and if you are driving take care and be courteous to other drivers try and get all your shopping done tomorrow, as I might want to go for a run some time over the weekend. Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all - I'm first! Hope everyone has a good day and not too much clearing up after Doris. Will be searching for tiles as OH thought he heard one come off the roof last night.....
                        Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning HH, I've been up 40 ages. On second cup of tea
                          Washings now out, second load in machine.
                          Slow cooker has meatballs in for tonight.
                          Hubby is putting together my new chair - affixing top to bottom basically. There will be swear words I bet. I'm going to work this morning thank goodness
                          Have a great day everyone
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning everyone, we're still in Spain so just checking in. Seems you've had it really bad at home, hope you've not suffered too much damage if any. Grandma, who doesn't like driving in bad weather, actually drove to pick the kids up from the bus stop after school yesterday because she was worried that they would get blown over on the walk home so we had an idea of what it was like. It's spring in Javea, blossom on the trees, warm in the sun but still a chill in the wind when it blows. We've picked lemons from the tree for G&T's and paella - does that count as "what I harvested today"

Comment

• Good morning all Happy Friday. Bright sunshine here but it feels chilly. Have a good day

Comment

• I'm on leave today but was still awake at half five - I forgot to turn off the alarm on my phone! Room service was early too.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X