Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I took Hollie to the vet today as her season has been going on for 5 weeks. She has cystic ovaries and is going in for an emergency hysterectomy on Monday? No puppies then. I'd rather she was well as she's my baby. I think she knows something's going on as she's on the other sofa ignoring me.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Back from the quiz, I was good and only had a couple of spritzers. We came joint second and our prize was £7. There was a children's diabetes charity event in the other hall, so we donated it to them.
      Off to bed now, so Rary, I will save my giggle at your post (which isn't on here yet) till the morning
      Night night
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good evening mild and wet here , started off at 1c got a little sunshine for an hour or so then clouded over, started replacing all the kitchen stuff this morning, I carried every thing through from the conservatory, where it had been stored in plastic boxes OH was deciding where every thing should go, she has four new wall cupboards three new drawer units of which one is replacing a cupboard and an other is new storage space along with cupboard under the new built-in oven, so more storage space as requested, what was the first question I was asked, "where will I put all this stuff" and my answer was in the cupboards, to which I was told, your no help, just worked all week getting her kitchen done and get that, women, why can't they think the same way as a man life would be so much easier, but then maybe not as enjoyable, we decided to have a break from all the work (I think she was getting a sore head from watching so much tv over the last week) we went to a GC for lunch (OH paid) and then it was decided she needed a new food mixer, why she can't just use a spoon to mix things beats me,but after a discussion it was decided I didn't know /understand what I was talking about, so she bought a food mixer, I paid,,,,,, when back home we got everything in the cupboards as she wished (now I will spend weeks finding out where everything is stored and I dare not ask, for the answer will be, do you not listen I told you where things are, later I was out at a meeting and on the way home decided to treat her, so I bought a bag of chips for us to share, £1.90 for a bag of chips, I don't know how I will manage to get that back off her, I may have to mark that as a loss, and remember not to be so rash in future. Well it's now time for bed, enjoy your weekend for those who get it off, and spare a thought for the more senior members of the Vine who never seem to get the weekend off, I am off to bed, I wonder what the cost of a bag of chips is worth. Goodnight
        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Rary - Chips are not worth what you were thinking of, trust me!

Morning people, It appears that those with polytunnels on our allotment have had problems with Doris, I will see this morning as we have a committee meeting, I was hoping to get there a little early and get somethings done, then the daughter asked if I could help her significant other install the new washing machine and then help him with it down the dump.
          Last edited by Cadalot; 25-02-2017, 07:07 AM.
          sigpic
          . .......Man Vs Slug
          Click Here for my Diary and Blog
          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all Dull and chilly here. Have a good day
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all, dull here too Flo
              Bacon roll anyone? We have 12 to do this morning for various people helping us out, but have extra rolls so you're more than welcome
              Sorry Nicos, just realised what I've written ....
              Thanks for the morning giggle Rary
              Have a great day everyone
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morni Everyone, hope no one has suffered too much damage thanks to Doris!

A piece of that blue piping has landed on my plot, thanks Doris.

Went to garden centre yesterday, got 4. Bags of compost, was so heavy and difficult to get into my little car, no one to help, there must be an easier way! Now have to take it to plot and get out of car!

May not get so much done on plot this year, as both my knees are going to be replaced! At last!

But definitely will get potatoes in, and have onions, garlic and broad beans if nothing else.

Don't get on here as much as I used to, but do still check, there are new names and faces, but glad to see some familiar ones. I always recomend the Vine to new 'plot holders', I wonder if they join!
                DottyR

Comment

• Bright and breezy now the rains gone, but looks like we may get more wet stuff.

Comment

• Morning All and especially Dotty Luvly to see you again!
                    Sorry, can't stop to chat, I'm off to the local Seed Swap and you know how important seeds are
                    Have a good day, see ya later

Comment

• Mornin n'all!
                      Nice to see you Dot!

Not quite sure what I'm up to today...OH will be watching rugby, so I have the day to myself!...ironing/swimming/ironing/swimming?....hmmm...I have an idea which might win!

Have a great day whatever you do!
                      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning all,funny looking sky,hello Dotty nice to hear from you,them bags are heavy,to get em out the car,one at a time,roll out into a barrow,or take a little at a time to your pots,better for your body,WE require pics off new seed VC,by the way like the new avatar,Nicos poor you,i have no bother at all here,now what to do here,the important thing is,what do i feel like doing,enjoy the day peeps.
                        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon, wet and windy but mild today. Nothing on the cards except hockey tonight, will be nice to,get out for a couple of hours. Oh and I'm going to watch ice hockey not play, just in case anyone was wondering!
                          Hope you all have a lovely day...come on Scotland, could this be your first win against Wales in 10 years?!
                          What happened to and who was the baby VC, loving the puppies avatar!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Nice and bright here today. Planted out 50 or so onions this morning to replace the 50 or so that I put in yesterday and that the cats and dogs managed to dig up overnight. Much cursing and gnashing of teeth, but I should count myself lucky that I had enough to fill in the gaps. Also planted out my garlic yesterday. All now covered by mesh and bits of cane. Foolish not to have done that yesterday. Means I can now let the hens out...

This weekend's job is to get beds ready for broad beans and peas. I've made a start and Mr Snoop has volunteered to help out. So, looks like I'll be able to tick them off my mile-long list of things still to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                              Rary - Chips are not worth what you were thinking of, trust me
                              Now Cad. I would have to disagree with you there I would have reckoned a bag of chips would have covered what I wanted, but as it is I didn't get it, I had to get up and make my own breakfast, and first cup of tea, it would have been to get it in bed
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Good evening, finally got the kitchen installation finished just waiting for my son to fit the laminate to the floor, all walls washed down and full house dusted down, will now see if I can slip all the old cabinets and doors into NSs back yard I am quite sure she won't notice, just waiting for OH to bring up painting the porch and hall again, and of course once that is done it will be the turn of the living room and dining room, then "we should just do the bedroom also and that all the painting done, well that providing the hall and porch still pleases her, I'm beginning to wonder if it was a woman who designed the Forth rail bridge just to keep men busy painting it got out to the greenhouse for a time this evening, and my pansies, marigolds and petunias are up so need to install some lights and get them moved out of the hot bed, and talking of hot bed, I think I will head to mine ( think what you wand about that Cad.) so I wish you all a good night, enjoy your free time tomorrow if you are off work, oh and I came across my first frog of the year the other day, so spring will be coming round soon (I hope) now remember be nice to one an other, it takes two to have an argument, well unless its with your partners who are always wrong. Goodnight
                                Last edited by rary; 25-02-2017, 10:32 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X