Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were you able to walk around the stones then?...they're fenced off now as far as I can see...
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,battery got some charge in it,all i need now is for my body to cooperate with my brain,
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• It was a very, very long time ago, Nicos, and yes, you could approach the stones. No fences. A bit like Stonehenge, I guess. I've got photos of me and my brothers in among the stones and not another person there.

Comment

• Exhausting day shopping, looking for trainers for daughter, had to be as bright as possible since she likes neon colours. Found some dazzling pink ones so hope they are bright enough.

Shame I'd already arranged shopping as it was a lovely day and I would have preferred to be in the garden. Nevermind - will probably rain tomorrow when I try and get out there!

Sounds like you have a lovely weekend coming up Nicos. Enjoy your birthday trip

Have a good evening everyone.
          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Got all my bits done, another day in paradise at work .......................

Unfortunately my Aunt down south passed away recently, now leaving my uncle the last of the Hiarachy which is sad to say!

But how do you approach the fact now being on his tod, he needs to keep us up to speed regarding his health etc

Techy subject!

Having said that, a proper "Country Bumpkin" eating 17 square meals a day, built like a gable end and will probably outlive me!

But hotels booked to go give her a proper send off, and have a few days to mull it over!
            "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Those stones look interesting Nicos. I'd never heard of them until today and after having read your post more information about them popped up on FB. Enjoy your B'day weekend.

I'm sorry to hear about your aunt Deano. I have one aunt left from my parents generation. She's still going strong at 90 and can still go up a Cumbrian fell like a mountain goat. I found her on YouTube recently, she didn't know what it was but had given a TV interview about grandpa and WWI.

I had a shopping trip to our newly opened a!d! today. Apart from the groceries I also picked up a handy packet of three propogators for less than £4. I'd have bought more gardening stuff but what with the groceries and the tiniest boot you've ever seen, I'll have to return another day.

My poorly pup has now kept me up for the best part of 3 nights now. Mostly it's because she needs to go a lot at the mo, even during the night. I'm neglecting her and have gone for a glass of wine after a meeting this evening.

Time for home and bed perhaps to sleep but I won't bank on it.
              "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
              "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
              Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening, again a dry cold cloudy day today and now heavy rain, just watched the news about the drought in the Horn of Africa and the politicians talking about how much money that the country is giving in aid, surely the money could be better spent by catching and shipping all the water that is lost daily in this country, if they can ship in all the oil that is required for the country to function, surely these same ship's could be used to move water to where it is required to give people life
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning Happy Budget Day?! Windy here. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning Vietnam, and anywhere else you my be.

Here is the South East of the UK it's dark overcast and you guessed it, yes it's raining which as I will once again be housebound with the builders is better than a sunny day when all I will want to do is escape to the allotment. its CAD drawings & calculations today!

Family now has plans for my birthday, I have said best birthday gift would be to spend a few hours helping me on the allotment Sunday but I know that has fallen on deaf ears.

Managed to pick up a bike rack off Freecycle for my eldest daughter yesterday, she only asked me to keep an eye out last week.
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Stuck to the computer again today. This feels like it's becoming the story of my life! Still, the list of jobs is shrinking. Will I get the broad beans in today? It's anybody's guess. Rain due on Monday, so I want to get them and the peas done before then. On the plus side, my garlics are popping up and the onions have all taken.

Comment

• Morning all.

Weather looks pretty iffy for gardening today. But golf looks do-able so it's all good Later on I'll be starting some more seeds off in the greenhouse. Looking forward to the day!
                        My gardening blog: In Spades, last update 30th April 2018.
                        Chrysanthemum notes page here.

Comment

• Morning all, yep, it's raining here
                          Nothing much planned today, handover of the GG about 5.30 after school club, so I just have to provide a sandwich when she gets home from school.
                          Dining set being delivered tomorrow morning, then we just need to get the hall, stairs and landing carpet fitting next week, and it's finally DONE
                          Gardening will begin in earnest next week, in between de cluttering
                          Have a great day
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning, mixed bag today...chilly but sunny, damp and showery all in the same five minute period! Harry dog going to his favourite place today, the groomer. He is just not interested in being groomed these days so they have a bad time with him. Never used to be like that but I suppose old age makes everyone grumpy! They have nicknamed him Fred as he dances around a lot!
                            Hope you all have a lovely day. Janie, hope Hollie is feeling better!
                            sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all,all dry this neck of the wood,plumber just gone,now wait to see what the job will cost,that is to remove a bath,budge a rad up a few inch,and fit the new shower tray and screen,and that goes with it,we have chosen a bi fold door,that if needed in an emergency,can also be pulled open into the room instead of the shower,only 1 make do it,plus a 6 week wait for order,hope your all well,have a good time Nicos,sorry about your reletive Deano,i really must stop making any sort of thoughts what to do when,as they get overthrown,at least i have several seed pkts picked out ready in the wings
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Originally posted by craftymarie View Post

Enjoy your birthday trip

Have a good evening everyone.
                                It's not my birthday Marie

Condolences Deano...

Sounds like there are plenty of house renovations going on, so best of luck all with that..
                                I need to start on my patio soon so will be seeking ideas/inspiration here
                                I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives....

...utterly nutterly
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X