Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning all. Dry and sunny here but cloudy all the same. No breeze and feeling a bit like spring. Long may it last.

And when your back stops aching,
    And your hands begin to harden.
    You will find yourself a partner,
    In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all, have a great birthday weekend Nicos!

It's smirry here this morning and you are right Trip it was very dark here too! Having a lazy day today...nothing new in that
      sigpic

Comment

• Hot! It's positively hot and far too early for it. Even though I'm actually thinking of going and finding a t-shirt and shorts, I'm not gloating, really. I hope it's just a flash in the pan and we'll get a proper spring and some rain.

Guess what, though? I have at long last done my broad beans. Mangetouts tomorrow. Douce Provence Sunday. And some other sowing in between. Digging next week, honest.

Comment

• Morning everyone, very quiet this morning both on here and at home, I'm just going to take myself downstairs and make a cuppa and enjoy the peace before everyone wakes up. Have a few work bits to write up first thing but hoping to get into the garden today for a decent potter and tidy up. Picked up another packet of dahlia seeds yesterday whilst I was in London so will get them in at some point, have to time everything around the rugby this afternoon. Have a great day.....

Comment

• Morning all, looks like it may be a decent day today.
            Boiled eggs in half an hour anyone?
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning John and all Room Service on time today. I too am hoping to get the essential inside work out of the way so I can work outside this afternoon. Have a good day
              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, it's Saturday...how do I know it's Saturday? Because Mon-Fr dog sleeps in until around 10am, sometimes later. Saturday it's 6.30am! Where is he now? Back in bed sound asleep!! Grr!

It's a dull wet morning, hope everyone has better weather than us. Looking forward to the rugby too JJ. Have a great day.
                sigpic

Comment

• Mornin Flon'all n'all

Cor!...nice weather here too at the moment.
                  Had a lovely walk down the sandy beach yesterday....collected flat pebbles to paint for my crafting too...and some cuttlefish.

Off out soon to see some prehistory...
                  Have a good un peeps!
                  "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good day ahead. Moving all my cold frames and sowing station to a more suitable location and getting going for real. Plus some digging. Not sure if I'll get the peas and mangetouts done, mind. Toms first and then some other seeds. Quite chilly this morning and a very heavy dew, but no frost. Potatoes chitting nicely and am resisting putting out the first earlies...

Have a fab weekend everyone. Especially Nicos, who should not be reading this!

Comment

• Morning all. Wet start for us here but looks like it might brighten up later. Off out to sow my tomato and pepper seed this morning.
                      Have a good day all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hello

I finally have the internet. So happy. But going to take me awhile to catch up with you lot. Been to the allotment today and planted my raspberry canes. OH has fixed the fence where my jasmine tree is. And I have been cleaning the greenhouse.

Time to relax and have a take away and catch up on watching Vikings
                        Carrie

Comment

• Sounds like you're having a good time, Nicos

Not a brilliant day weather wise but tomorrow is meant to rain all day so I went out and finished my bed of onions. Next week I will start on my lettuce and maybe some carrots weather depending.

Spent last hour sorting through seeds and panicking about how I'm going to sow them all! So many need starting off in April. I'll have to be busy every day to get through those.

Found some purple sprouting brocolli in garden. Not sure when to pick and eat it as never had it before. Will have to check that out.

Have a good weekend all
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Sorry to read about your greenhouse, Bramble

Just realised I've lost my broad beans. I know I bought a packet last year and now I can't find them grr.
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• And a very good evening to all .....

Not been around here for a little while, hugs to everyone who needs one! Hope new shoots will be burgeoning for all ......

Had a bit of a clean and tidy in GH today ...... and found a cheeky slug skulking under a planter .... it soon found a new 'home' away from my garden .......!

Sowed some lettuce, beetroot and some saved seed Black Cherry toms from last season .... not done it before, so we'll see ..... and some gherkin seed that VC kindly donated last year which are tucked up comfortably in a section of my new heated prop....

Happy days ...... even stayed dry today!!!!! Glimpsed a hazy-lazy shimmer of sun late afternoon

Happy March, folks!
                              ~~~ Gardening is medicine that does not need
                              a prescription ... And with no limit on dosage.
                              - Author Unknown ~~~

Comment

• Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
                                Sorry to read about your greenhouse, Bramble

Just realised I've lost my broad beans. I know I bought a packet last year and now I can't find them grr.
                                Thanks Marie. Its a sorry site at the moment. Hope to have it repaired in the coming week.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X