• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
    Morning we've got sunshine

Flo, you'll be fine just have your hair cut records sent on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7kyzpIvapk

sorry couldn't help it I know I'll have the same problem eventually.
    I said that to her Bren, but she didn't know what I was talking about! Obviously not on the same "wavelength"
    Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
      How's life treating you Ap? House sorted now or shouldn't I ask!
      Whatever, its still nice to see you here
      Yups all OK on that front. Now retired so should have time on my hands but never been so busy. No idea how that works

Comment

• Evening well I've spent the whole day outdoors, potted on everything that needed it, did some general tidying up then read my book, a perfect day.
        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
          ..one for you rary, he's paying! Not all Scotsmen are mean!
          Jay, that's a bit strong, I am not mean, just a bit thrifty
          And just wait till the boy learns, he will be the same
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good evening, its been a lovely day here, but when you look around on a day like this you can see the benefits from all the rain we get, the countryside looks stunning, we went out for lunch today, and yes Jay I let OH pay, you know what you women are like, if you are spending money you are happy, and don't forget it was me that worked for OUR money, my wife's a great believer in the old saying "what's yours is mine , what's mine my own". Had some baskets to empty today, so have spread them out on a plastic sheet to let the birds peck over the compost to clean it up, will see how that works, well time for bed, will need to think what to do with the grandsons as the school's are on holiday, still think two weeks holiday a year is enough for school children, well it's a new week, so much to do in the garden now so enjoy your self. Goodnight
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Morning all n' all. You're all up a bit late today! Work this morning then collecting youngest at lunchtime. Might try to take washing machine apart this afternoon if youngest allows, or go in garden and put up my mothering Sunday present of two new arches.

Realised about midnight I'd left plants out that were hardening off and the gh door open - hope they're OK

Right, packed lunches for eldest and OH to make, & search for clean clothes.....
              Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Good Morning All I booked today as leave on Friday so cup of tea in bed again this morning. Have a good day

Comment

• Good morning,

Sun is shining but it's cold outside. Only went out to unzip the fly away greenhouse to harden plants off that needs going down to the plot. I am hoping to get down to the plot today once the plumber has come to fix my boiler. I have loads of jobs today and still need to plant my spuds.

Have a good day.
                  Carrie

Comment

• Morning all, dull and chilly this morning! Domestics for me today. Said I wasn't going to grow anything this year due to last years bad weather but my seedlings have just popped their heads out of their covers!
                    Hope you all have a lovely day.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Beautiful day here today. Cookfest first for meals on wheels then outside for more tidying in the garden

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here I can get used to this.
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good morning all. Bit of a wet start here but its to,clear up later.
                          Off to visit a garden centre later and will probably have lunch there.
                          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning! After a misty start its all sunshiny here
                            You know how I have bizarre conversations in shops with complete strangers. Now they're coming to my home! The meter reader came and, in between reading the gas and the electric meter spent about half hour telling me about his fascination with the curvature of the earth. We've explored outer space, discussed whether there's a dark side to the moon, how many satellites are in orbit, that all the spacemen have been freemasons and ended up on American politics with a side nod to Tesla and Stephen Hawking.
                            In the middle of all this erudite and rather one-sided conversation, my stomach gave a huge rumble which lowered the tone a bit I'm mentally exhausted and rather hungry!
                            Have a good day everyone!

Comment

• Good afternoon,

Lovely day. Been removing loads of dandelions that seemed to appear overnight and were taking over the borders. Green bin had just been emptied and now it is half full again!

Just had the police round due to yet another incident which happened outside our home late last night. Silly drunken idiots swearing at each other with a fight that got out of hand and the ambulance was called - not life threatening injuries thank goodness. We are so used to hearing drunken idiots coming back from the pubs (especially at weekends) that we never bothered to look outside until we were disturbed by the ambulance. The downside of living near a town centre with lots of pubs.

Hubby keeps dreaming of emigrating somewhere quieter. I think we might just do that once our daughter's got through school. I wouldn't uproot her during her school years especially when we live within walking distance of some very good schools. Only another 8 years to go then we can look into some quiet little islands round the UK where I can get a much bigger garden - dream on, dream on!

Hope everyone is having a nice sunny day
                              LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good evening,dull morning then wet afternoon, started by doing some housework to help OH, then went to gather some seaweed, was fortunate to get it collected just before the rain started, I the went along the coast for a light snack and coffee, and yes I paid had the last of my cabbages with our tea this evening and the taste of the cabbage made me aware of the benefits of growing your own, after tea went out to the greenhouse for a time, where I chopped up some of the seaweed and put it in the bottom of a large pot about four inches deep topped it up with compost and planted a tomato into it, just to see if it alters the taste in any way. Well it's time for bed, I am wondering what kind of conversation I would have if I ever met VC in a shop, perhaps I should make a thread, What Conversation Would You Have With A Stranger, if the stranger is VC, well something to think about. Goodnight

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X