This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BBQ?...ooo...that sounds lovely!
    Egg butty demolished....urgent domestic chores sorted ( thanks to OH mucking in big time )
    Someone, somewhere mentioned garden lounger...hmmm...dare I take one out to 'air'?
    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all,warm outside,Cad am pleased mrs is home,tell here to try a cotton sheet or a duvet cover on it's own,thats what i do when it gets warm,mine you last night WAS hot,right,am of now to empty the car of wood,ready for the next lot,happy day all.
      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Well, as it happened plans changed and I didnt go to pitch and putt.
        Went to the weekly market in the park instead.
        There was a guy there selling lovely healthy plants an of course I bought some.
        Bought 2 trays of mixed salad leaves because mine are still so small
        A tray of spring onions because mine have refused to germinate in spite of sowing them twice.
        A tray of sweet peas to fill in the gaps where some of mine have been eaten.
        Spent the afternoon planting these out an really pleased with the end result.
        Put a tunnel and fleece over thrm jus in case.

And when your back stops aching,
        And your hands begin to harden.
        You will find yourself a partner,
        In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening everyone!

All back home safe, n not looking forward to a 3am "Get up" for work to be honest! but needs must n all that!

Glad it's done with, do the final chapter at my own pace, then gardening will prevail!

"Thank Gawd"
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Evening, well the day started of cold 3.2c in the GH with plenty of icy puddles then by 10ish it was coat of time lovely and sunny for the rest of the day.
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• BBQ was great. I m only slightly in Mrs balders bad books so will go to bed before she really gets going on me. :-:-\(+_+):-\:-\:-\^_^:O:-PB-):O:O:-$:-$:-$O=_==_==_=
              sigpic
              1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Mornin n'all n'all
                Enjoy yr hangover balders!

Out early today to a vide Grenier -just a quick look for some cheap jam jars and old wooden bead necklaces for my craftwork.
                I always manage to buy some bargain I didn't know I really wanted too!
                Then I can get stuck into gardening...it's going to be an April stocker today for us. 26C I think

Enjoy the good weather whilst it lasts...I have a feeling we'll be paying for it soon...
                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Morning Nic'n'any lurkers. The sun has go it's hat on this morning so no doubt will venture out at some point, must take the car for a spin to keep the battery topped up...........it's a bagger when you've nowhere to go but you've got to go anyway...........enjoy your Sunday.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all,nice day again,we usually do pay not long after Nicos,enjoy your spin BM,just do not forget to spot as you go,or you will end up very dizzy,have a good Sunday all.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good Morning All Sunny here again. My son is building another two veg trugs for me today after breakfast. Cup of Rosy is being enjoyed in bed first. Enjoy your day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning boys and girls, again, a lovely sunny day in store for us.
                        My veg seedlings are coming along well, but the flowers have only got one sprouter. I will be patient with them.
                        I have this buffet going on for the local football club. Everything is cooked/prepped and hubby has taken it all up there for me. So why do I find two trays of sarnies on the table? Off to the fridge in a minute lol.
                        Have a lovely day
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good morning. Hollie woke me up 2x during the night to go out. From the noises coming from inside her I think she has an upset tummy again.

Another lovely day. Yesterday I dug my patio out from the earth my nasty neighbour's fencer had chucked over it 3 years ago. I'm looking forward to the mornings being warm enough for me to sit in it and have my breakfast.

My daughter and her friend cut back a lot of encroaching foliage and I bought them lunch and a beer.

Today I'm going to continue to dig around the patio and prepare it for laying turf with a flower border. I also bought 5 hanging baskets from Ald1 earlier in the week which I need to plant up and hang. They only had 4 liners and one bracket so I'll have to find some more from somewhere. Trip to a GC methinks.

I don't know how to post photos on a phone or iPad to here. I could then show you all the progress we're making. I'm really quite excited as I love gardening and this is the first time since I moved here 22 years ago that I've had a chance to have one. My other half bought the house partly because of the 5 sheds in the garden where he stored stuff. Much as I miss him every day, I don't miss his hoarding.

Ah well. Another cuppa then I'll get dressed and get to work. Have a lovely day everyone.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning Peopleoids, what a great day, and I'm unable to get to the allotment as I'm keeping an eye on Mrs C who is still asleep at the moment, all the time she is sleeping she is getting better. So I've written a blog post this morning as the question of blue MDPE Hoop frames come up on various groups on a regular basis and I thought I would put all my scattered information on the blog into one informative posting. Alans Allotment: Blue Water Pipe & Netting

There is still some photographs to take or find and more information to add. I've watered all my plants as it was so warm yesterday, opened the spacesaver greenhouse up and its already 37 degrees in there with the door open.

I think I will sort out some tomato seeds and do a second sowing topping up those that didn't take and sowing some other for the first time, and perhaps fill a flower bucket and plant out some lettuce in the garden. There is always the ironing but I'm resisting as I caught up on all the washing yesterday.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning everyone, worried all night that I'd left the tomatoes outside only to find Mrs JJ had brought them in yesterday evening which was both surprising and a relief

Had a great day at the plot yesterday but today is in the garden I think, although I have to pop down to collect the mower. It's tempting to stay for a bit and get some maincrop spuds in but I should really crack on at home so maybe it gets put off till Friday?

Have a great day, enjoy the weather, short week this week and next which is something to look forward to..

Comment

• Originally posted by Cadalot View Post
                                Morning Peopleoids, what a great day, and I'm unable to get to the allotment as I'm keeping an eye on Mrs C who is still asleep at the moment, all the time she is sleeping she is getting better.
                                Glad she's back and recovering Alan.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X