Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, suns up, birds are singing, Harry dog is in the garden acting as though he is a pup...must be spring!! It was a beautiful day yesterday, hopefully more of the same today! Had to go shopping yesterday but today I intend to enjoy the garden because as Nicos says we are going to pay for this good weather so may as well enjoy it while it's here.
    Have a great day everyone, enjoy the sun!
    sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Well we have a dull start here. Very disappointing after the beautiful sunshine yesterday.
      Going to sow some dahlia seeds today and pot on my tomatoes as they are starting to really take off now.
      I may pot on my chilli plants as well.
      Going to plant out more sweet peas and earth up my potatoes.
      Hope everyone has a good day.

Cad, leave the ironing for a wet day when you cant get out to the garden.
      Glad to hear Mrs Cad is on the mend.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Happy Sunny Sunday (sorry Bramble)
        Its too hot to stay in the GH for long - I need to acclimatise myself for summer!
        May pot a couple of cukes into their final pots - perhaps some toms too. They've been in the GH for a couple of weeks and have survived the overnight lows - we had very little frost this winter so doubt that we'll have any now
        Have a great day, whatever you're doing - try to do it outdoors while you can!

Comment

• I've had to come indoors from the sun. Nice glass of cold Sauvignon in front of me. I've put out the garden table and one chair. Sat there with coffee and lined the hanging baskets. My seedlings are having their first outing and their propagators are happily perched in a long tray set on 2 crates along with 4 vines (I'm not sure if 2 of them have survived the winter), the recently bought clematis and a honeysuckle that my daughter dug up. It's going right back where it came from as that is where I want it.

I'm too hot to feel hungry and definitely too hot to dig ground that has been compacting for 3/4 years. It can wait until it's cooler. I can't wait to put the pt up. Maybe I'll go and lop some more foliage when I've had a rest.
          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Afternoon n'all
            Got my 36 jam jars for 15cents each, so I'm set for the summer now
            Only a few need new lids which is a bonus!

No beads , but a few garden plants , then came home and have spent the last 4 hrs hand mowing part of the field....having to unblock the machine every 30 paces!
            Although my back is killing me, ai should be able to get it finished tomorrow.
            Not easy trying to cut 8-10" high cow pasture I can tell ya!
            I do however have the beginnings of a tan and must have burned up well over half a day's calories so it must have done me some good.

Mad dogs and English men eh?...it's 26C here...pass us a glass of that Sauvignon Janie...I think I deserve one too!
            johnjohn, I accidentally left my chillies outside last night-thank goodness it only went down to 6C
            BM..I sincerely hope you ended up at some garden centre ?

Right...off for a well deserved soak and a pint of water!
            Anyone having a BBQ today?mmmm..Just fancy one myself!
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I took the car out on it's battery charging mission Nic but had to pass the GC as I'd forgotten my wallet.....................maybe next time.
              sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
              --------------------------------------------------------------------
              Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
              -------------------------------------------------------------------
              Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
              -----------------------------------------------------------
              KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• You're welcome Nicos, here ya go. Anyone else for a glass?

Talking of BBQ's I've found the charcoal but don't currently have anything to put it on. I was going to buy a new BBQ but my daughter has pointed out the her brother has several in his stock over at his fathers. I paid for it so I think one is coming my way. Bonus!

I've actually spent most of the afternoon indoors trying to escape from the ice cream van's "Popeye the Sailor Man" for 3 hours and the children from 2 doors away screeching. I love hearing children play but the high pitched screech is like chalk on a blackboard. And they're on holiday for 2 weeks so it will continue even on weekdays. The 2 3 doors the other way don't do it. What happened to quiet enjoyment?

It's 5.30 ish and still hot....lovely!
                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                Oxfordshire

Comment

• Good evening all. Delighted to hear from all the happy peeps who were lucky enough to have a sunny day.
                  It was very dull here but at least it didnt rsin.
                  Did all the jobs I said I would do and am very pleased with my day.
                  Have a good evening all.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Another one here who's enjoyed todays sunshine, did some potting on and planting but mostly I read
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Lovely sunny day here too My son built me another two trugs so I'm aiming for slug free salad this year, fingers crossed. It'll be my first Monday at work since the end of January, so I'm not looking forward to that, but at least it's only a four day week. Have a good evening
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• I think OH is telepathic!...he's prepared a BBQ for us!

We had an unexpected visitor- the grandson of the guy who used to own this house during the war, who still owns the field next door. Lovely guy....just finishing Uni.
                        We sat outside nibbling nibbles and sampling vino and had a lovely natter.
                        We showed him our new bathroom which used to be his grandfather's bedroom.....share with his brother and both parents.
                        How Times change eh?

Not long til Easter folks...two short weeks as Flo mentioned....anyone planning anything spesh for Easter?

I think ours is going to be fairly quiet. One gite change over and a relative and his family of 5 camping overnight in our field ( hence needing to cut the grass) en route to the sunny Saaarf
                        At least I bought a couple of cadbury's button eggs and some hot cross buns. Sorted!
                        Have a good week everyone!....
                        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Mmm a BBQ I will go for that please

Gorgeous day. Unfortunately was stuck in the car most of the day traveling to visit an elderly relative. So missed all the nice weather tomorrow set to be cold.

Wondering what to watch / read ....

Easter for us will be preparing for our daughter to go on her first school holiday without us. Will be very odd when she goes - definitely quiet!
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Easter Sunday. We, as a family will be going out to lunch.
                            We have so many birthdays between April and May. After consulting with each other, and taking into consideration some having different working hours, we have booked for lunch on easter sunday to celebrate together.
                            We did this last year and it was s great success.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good evening, not been a very nice day here cloudy and cold, then rain about four o'clock, watching a neighbours dog for the past week and managed to get out for a walk between showers, then out to the greenhouse for a time, I just had her out again for a last walk and the sky I'd clearer now than its been all day,well enjoy the coming week and have patience Ford the weekend remember it will start earlier for some of you. Goodnight
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Dull here. Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X