Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All, well one of the best days of the year so far yesterday and I spent it back in A&E then the Re-sus unit and then ultimately back on the same ward with Mrs C back in the same bed she was in Friday!

She had turned completely red with little normal coloured skin apart from the top of her face and half the bottoms of legs between the knees and feet. So yes she is definitely allergic to anything with Penicillin in !!.

She was pumped full of anti-histamine, fluids, another chest x-ray and was sitting in front of a massive fan to assist in bringing her temperature down and make her hot skin cooler. They drew lines around what little normal coloured skin there was and we slowing saw a reduction in the brightness of the colour but very little contraction of the redness.

She loves the movie Hellboy and now she looks like him!
    Last edited by Cadalot; 10-04-2017, 05:14 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Sorry to hear that Cad - I hope she makes a speedy recovery
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Me too babe, the game plan is to flush her system, find something she is not allergic too and give it to her every 12 hours and then once she is more steady on her feet and on the medication once a day, she be allowed to come home and I can take her to the hospital each day for an injection of antibiotics
        Last edited by Cadalot; 10-04-2017, 05:24 AM.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Mornin n'all.
          Oh dear Cad.....what a dreadful experience for you both....please pass on my best wishes to her xx
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• It's certainly cooler here this morning, but I actually feel a lot warmer as my arms and face are glowing with a slight sunburn. I bet I'm not the only one who got a bit of a tan yesterday?

I need to get some more petrol and crack on with the grass cutting today although I'm still aching after yesterday's mowing.
            Not much else planned for today apart from frying to finish my book for book Club tomorrow.
            Maybe some more domestic chores.....maybe....

Have a day peeps!

Comment

• Just checked...looks like we're in for a light frost every night for the rest of the week!
              *wonders how that will affect the blossom on the fruit trees?.....

Comment

• Just found this interesting article frost and fruit flowers...

Assessing frost and freeze damage to flowers and buds of fruit trees | MSU Extension

A bit of early morning reading if you are interested ?

Oh...and 'our' cuckoo is singing his little heart out this morning

Comment

• Morning all from a cooler but sunny Nestland. Sorry to hear about your Mrs, Al. Hope they sort her meds out soon. Best wishes to you both.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Good morning all,shinny again so far,just keep the rain away for another day,off to work we go lalalalala.

Cad how awfull for you both,hope they get her sorted soon,best wishes.

Hope you all have a good day.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning al, sunshine here, but much cooler
                      Cad, your poor wife. Hope they find something she can take
                      Back to gardening, my veg seeds are becoming leggy, what can I do about that.
                      They are in small cardboard pots in our lounge, sprayed with water umpteen times a day.
                      Have a great day folks, no work for me. Tuesday is the new Monday
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                        Back to gardening, my veg seeds are becoming leggy, what can I do about that. They are in small cardboard pots in our lounge, sprayed with water umpteen times a day.
                        The only thing you can do Sal is pot them deeper & give them as much light as possible.
                        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                        -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                        -----------------------------------------------------------
                        KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Very sorry to hear about Mrs-C being back in hospital- hoping she gets sorted and can come home soon.

Lovely sunny morning.

Just got accused of caring more about my plants than anyone else Yes I do lavish a lot of attention on my seedlings but that's because I have quite a lot and I try and keep them as healthy as poss ready for planting out in May. Bit rough

The cat is sitting on me and cheering me up.

Looks to be better weather than what I was expecting so that is good. Have a good day all
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning it feels cooler than yesterday but then it is early. Hope Mrs Cad soon recovers and is back home were she belongs.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Mawnin' all.

Am proper full of the joys of spring the day. Had a jaunt into the village this morning to pick up the post, including a bundle of seeds from MoreVeg. Surprised to find two packets of celeriac seeds but it seems that, yes, I did order them. No idea why. Anyway, lots of shallot seeds to make up for the mass extinction losses. Bit late for sowing, I guess, but better that than never.

Plus it's sunny. Will be planting my Charlotte potatoes today or tomorrow, and getting the replacement leeks and shallots going.

Oh, and a friend came round with a tractor and did a bit of ploughing for me.

And it's only 11 am!

Sorry to hear about Mrs Cadalot, Mr Cadalot.

And don't worry about the argument, Craftymarie. Just goes to show how much you are loved!

Comment

• Good morning. A nice sunny start to the day.
                                My daughter and myself signed up to do a 5k marathon on Friday for Motor Nuron disease so I am off out for a bit of exercise.
                                Hope Mrs Cad gets well soon.
                                Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse