• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You can doooooo eeeet Sparrow!

Comment

• good luck Sparra!
      sigpic
      1574 gin and tonics please Monica, large ones.

Comment

• Morning all,Sparrow you will be fine,just be yourself,thanks for the update Cad everything x for you both,bright here again,have a good day all.
        sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• good luck Sparrow.

Comment

• Good luck Sparrow, you will be fine.

Just like to add I said earlier that it was chilly but not too cold...scrub that, it's freezing! It's a blooming cold wind that's blowing!
            sigpic

Comment

• Good luck Sparrow.
              Just remember, they are only other human beings doing a job.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good morning, dull here at present with a cold wind, had a wee smurr of rain earlier but hopefully it will clear up, don't know what I will do today but ironing is definitely not in the list the best of luck sparrow with the interview, and Nicos, remember to keep your head above the water, now that's good advice for us all I suppose. See you later bye
                it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning everyone, working in Sheffield today, turned up for 9.00 but find I'm not needed until 11.00 so managed to get some reports written. Just sticking my head in to say hello then a quick walk before I start.
                  Sorry to hear about Mrs C, sounds like she's on the mend again which is good news Cad.
                  Good luck with the interview Sparrow..

Comment

• Good Luck Sparrow I will be thinking of you..

Nightmare over night, they decided to wake up Mrs C take her off her Nippy Ventilator and move her from where she was sleeping/ recharging her oxygen supply and comfortable for the first time since she originally went in last week On AMU and move her into a room with four beds on a Ward on the sixth floor on Block B, a room occupied by a crazy Russian lady that has had a fall, has two black eyes and has clearly lost the plot. She has already attacked and hurt/clawed a nurse, and had been causing problems all afternoon and evening apparently.

Scared Mrs C manure less when she lunged at her and tried to take her possessions including her phone. This woman was causing havoc when I got there after a call from a distraught wife at 1:00 this morning, sobbing and telling me she was scared! When I got there her machine was not correctly taken apart and stored away, the wife was in tears, they were too busy with Crazy Mary to sort out the wife in any shape or form and get her back on her machine.

She wanted out of there and a doctor came but said that she was not medically fit enough to be discharged. We will resolve and find somewhere for Crazy Mary or an alternative bed for the wife. We wait the Sister goes off duty nothing happens, they try and Get Crazy Mary into her bed again, but she turns the lights on in the ward wants everyone out of "her flat" especially me, and wants the door into the corridor shut which the nurse was not happy about and didn't want to do. So she does speak English she had been ranting at them in Russian all the time I had been there.

Finally they managed to find a bed for Mrs C away from crazy Mary on the Maternity wing Gynaecology Unit so no male visitors until 3 this afternoon. They told be I could not go in the ward with her at 5:00 this morning because its an all woman ward, but I said I was not leaving until I had set up her ventilator, she was on it and she was calm, I think the Sister knew there was no point arguing with me.

I told the Sister my Daughters would be visiting before 3 and to put a note on her file as the sign on the wall said visits outside 3 - 8 by arrangement with the sister only. Can't wait to get up there and see her at 3:00 and they are now still saying she may be able to come home today or tomorrow!!
                    sigpic
                    . .......Man Vs Slug
                    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• What a palava Cad...................
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• That's absolutely ridiculous Cad! How is this allowed to happen? I know the doctors and nurses have a hard job but this women should really not be in that ward! I think, as you obviously did, you have to be firm when speaking to the medical staff, not in a way you are hacking them off but enough that they understand you are taking no sh*t! Health service up here is supposed to be better than down south so in my experience with my parents so far up here, I feel heart sorry for you!
                        Hope this doesn't set back Mrs. C's recovery in any way. Thoughts with you all. X
                        sigpic

Comment

• Lummee, Cadalot. What a saga! Hope you manage to get your wife home soon.

Hope it all goes/went well, Sparrow.

All relatively jolly here. The chickens, which up till now haven't really bothered my plants when they free range, have decided they like new pea shoots. So a few losses there... Not sure what to do about the chickens. They like going for walks and I don't like keeping them confined to barracks. They have plenty of room by usual standards, but they do so enjoy strutting about and kicking up dirt and dust. Might have to consult with Mr Snoop to see if there's any way we can add to their compound. Even so, they'll know it has a fence and there's a wider world outside...

Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Jay, it's all to do with a basic shortage of hospital beds, heaven help us if there was ever a disaster in the area. I have to say the nursing staff have my sympathy and admiration, her first visit there was a chap that was attacking nurses and trying to escape the ward, and they had to call security to herd him back to his bed and protect the nurses.

Me I would give them something to make them sleep when staffing levels are low at night.

Snoops - So do I
                            Last edited by Cadalot; 11-04-2017, 11:25 AM.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• OH my geezus,it was bad enough last year when MR was in hospital,a patient in the next bed was screaming and wondering about,they had security on guard some of the time,and injections inbetween,that pales into insignificance,as if you not got enough on your plate,gentle huggs to you all,that rainbow will be arriving,mine did bit by bit,it does tend to fade at times,BUT you just know it is there hidding away.
                              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• oh Cad sounds like you've had a horrendous night - fingers crossed she's discharged today - and for good this time!

Hope everyone else is doing ok and hunting for sunshine
                                Last edited by vixylix; 11-04-2017, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X