Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I worked in Bed Management for 10 years prior to taking early retirement. I would love to say things but best not. It may be a demanding job at times but it is not rocket science.
    sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
    --------------------------------------------------------------------
    Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Bed blocking seems to be the problem rather than management. Home care for people to enable them to go home once well is desperately needed but is a rare thing.
      sigpic

Comment

• That is a massive factor Jay but if they sorted out Social Services to operate efficiently all that would happen is the hospitals would reduce their bed bases to save money.............I've said for many years that Social Services should be charged by the NHS for delayed discharges. That would make them get their acts together.
        sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”

Comment

• I hope everything gets sorted out Cad. there is nothing better than being able to have a peaceful sleep at night, and with conditions your wife has had there is no chance of that, I wish the two of you well
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
            Bed blocking seems to be the problem rather than management. Home care for people to enable them to go home once well is desperately needed but is a rare thing.
            This is what my Dad is waiting for. Meanwhile, he's getting more and more depressed and has given up. He has pretty well stopped eating and is virtually not drinking. Very sad.

Comment

• good evening, well it didnt clear up today, and stayed cold all day this weather gets you down a bit, it is now a bit blustery out side, so nothing done in the greenhouse, feel as if Im at a loose end tonight as I cant be bothered sitting watching tv. and dont feel like reading, so think I will go and annoy OH, no I wont bother doing that I will be looking for something tomorrow, like food or cups of tea/coffee and a biscuit etc. Need to go OH is on the phone to our daughter and I heard paint mentioned, it could be my daughters house but dont want to risk it Goodnight
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Sorry to hear about Mrs Cad. I was having a catch up and noticed the replies.
                From experience there are a lot of factors causing problems. Sadly my dad could probably be described as one of the 'crazy' patients ' disturbing others..the poor fella has just spent 7 1/2 months in hospital , not his fault not the hospital and not mine. The entire process is a complete farce involving social services, mental health teams , discharge teams and sadly a huge lack of vacancies in care homes /correct environments for these people. I have sat through countless meetings to achieve nothing.
                During this time he has had 2chest infections, gone from fully mobile with challenging behaviour being refused places due to that or refused as not challenging enough, now he is fully nursing being fed by carers, incontinent , immobile all within a few months.
                He now is in a home for challenging behaviour which he doesn't have , isn't getting the correct nursing but what are we supposed to do.
                There are not enough places to take everyone, waiting lists here can be of 20+ , they are closing homes as not up to standard, theres a lack of home care . One dear old lady has been waiting 6months just to go home with carer/nursing but nothing is available, she too is giving up.
                Last edited by Containergardener; 11-04-2017, 09:12 PM.
                Northern England.

Comment

• Morning, am I first?! Wow!! Just posting to prove I'm up early ... back later when I'm fully awake!
                  sigpic

Comment

• Sorry to read about your dad CG...it really is desperate times with the NHS. As I said earlier it's bad up here but it seems a hundred times worse down where you are!

Just read about your dad too Snoops. Hugs to all who need them. ((()))
                    Last edited by Jay22; 12-04-2017, 04:58 AM.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All. Hope all is now ok Cad. Have a good day
                      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning People - Thanks again for thoughts and wishes, Sorry to read about your Dads CG & Snoops been there done that one with my Dad who had Parkingsons & Dementia

Managed to get Mrs C home last night, one major problem was she had real difficulty getting up stairs, we battled together to make it happen with me assisting in lifting her legs and making sure she didn't come down the stairs, and from the looks of it she will not be coming down for quite some time as we could not do that each time she needs the loo or to get upstairs.

Acorn Lifts came yesterday and Companion Stairlifts come today to give us a quote.

She has massive blisters on her legs but the Hospital no longer refer to the district nurse service, I need to get in touch with the practice. It was only when we got home we realised they didn't give us the dressings they were going too, again it took six hours for the Pharmacy to supply the medicine for discharge.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Yet another issue that could be avoided Cad, where I worked all meds for patients being discharged were dispensed within the hour............it made sense really, as I said not rocket science just common sense.

Comment

• Pleased to here Mrs Cad is home, apologies for my moan about the system ...hopefully now you can get what you need in place to make things a bit easier.

BM common sense seems to be rapidly in decline these days.

Morning , it's raining and windy . Watched beechgrove episodes last night, have dug out my seeds and just need to decide what I'm growing and not get carried away (like last yr..although I did enjoy the kohl rabi).
                            Awaiting a delivery , need to get rid of scrap metal, go to the recycling , start working on new job in and have some relatives of OH calling out (nosey aunt and uncle who like to give advice on my dads situation, mil situation and garden situation) il tape my gob shut I think so as not to upset anyone .
                            Hope someone has the sunshine
                            Last edited by Containergardener; 12-04-2017, 06:54 AM.
                            Northern England.

Comment

• Morning everyone. First morning for ages that is overcast.
                              Sorry to hear everyone's problems, at least you have got Mrs C home. We had lots of help when we looked after our Dad at home. All via the Doctors to begin with.
                              Right, nothing much planned today, although I have to re pot my seedlings, they have legs to die for.
                              Have a nice day all
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !
                                Welcome home Mrs C.

Hibou says 'good morning' ....well...I actually think she is rubbing her face on the iPad to remind me her food bowl is only 90% full

Domestics first, food shopping, then swimming, then more mowing. Day sorted!
                                Hopefully seed sowing tomorrow

Have a gudun peeps
                                "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X