X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bacon for me please as well.....
    Another happy Nutter...

Comment

• Morning all'n'all from a nippy but sunny Nestland...................now, what to do today?.............I know, bacon first...........
      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
      --------------------------------------------------------------------
      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
      -----------------------------------------------------------
      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
        Do persimmons need winter protection? What about quince and almond? Haven't even looked at the rootstocks etc
        Persimmons, quince & almond are hardy - FIL's persimmons are fine in up to -10. There's a beautiful almond tree out in a front garden on my road which is covered in blossom every year but the squirrels get all the nuts. And the vranja will be happy somewhere boggy - they like a lot of water...should be happy in Wales then!
        http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Is "Boggy" Welsh for "Sunshiny"?........................
          sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
          --------------------------------------------------------------------
          Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
          -------------------------------------------------------------------
          Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
          -----------------------------------------------------------
          KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning all, bright and sunny here, lovely.
            Work this morning then house chores this afternoon.
            All crops are OK after the cold night, hubby covered everything up, bless him
            Have a great day
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Have been up early to check on all the seedlings in my propagator - still fab to see things popping up at a fine rate of knots. Looks like a fab day too so I should get a large amount of digging done. I think I might be sorting out my plot buddy's half of the other allotment. She's having a horrible year and I want to do something nice for her so growing's not a chore.
              http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
                Look, no frost! And here comes the sun.

Bacon sandwich please, Florence Fennel. Hope it's not the last of the bacon, as I bet Nicos will have one too. Either that or bacon on a buttered crumpet for extra sinfulness! I'll make the coffee.
                We've got frost it was a cool 2.3c overnight in my GH still only 3.8c now, but the suns melted the ice thats on the trailer top. The day can only get better.
                I've had bacon over the weekend now I'm back to my weekday oatmeal, fruit and yoghurt
                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all - I hope everything is good (or alright) with everyone.

I've got a wee question.

Was there a thread a while back (possibly started by VC) - where you could ask general questions ?
                  Like an "Ask the Grapes ?" thread or something.

I've always got a few "less important" questions to ask (some garden related, some not) - but I don't want to bung up the forum, starting new threads with my inane topics of questioning.
                  .......because you're thinking of putting the kettle on and making a pot of tea perhaps, you old weirdo. (Veggie Chicken - 25/01/18)

My Youtube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnC..._as=subscriber

Comment

• Originally posted by KevinM67 View Post
                    I've got a wee question.
                    Sorry, Kelvin, you need to take medical advice for that but feel free to start a new thread called "Kelvin's less important questions/inane topics" for the other stuff

Oh, and, Good morning All from sunshiny South Wales

Comment

• Good morning all.
                      Thanks for the offer but no bacon for me today, back to basics today.
                      Off out to the park and then some digging and weeding to do.
                      Some plants to pot on.
                      Extra supports for the sweet peas and other bits and pieces.
                      Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                      And your hands begin to harden.
                      You will find yourself a partner,
                      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Great idea Kev - get one sorted!

Afternoon everyone, hope all are well. I snuck around yesterday evening but didnt say hello. How rude!

The sun is shining and I'm eating salad (!) but am sadly stuck at work. It ruins everything

Comment

• Afternoon all

Waved off my daughter this morning on her first trip away from home. She was a bit teary eyed I will look forward to seeing her on Friday. Might be a loooong week!

Feeling overwhelmed with all the repotting that needs doing. Did a bit more today but hard to keep up with the pace.

Having a lazy sit down now.
                          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
                            We've got frost it was a cool 2.3c overnight in my GH still only 3.8c now, but the suns melted the ice thats on the trailer top. The day can only get better.
                            The sun came out and its been 24c in my GH while I've been sowing seeds, bit chilly out in the wind though.
                            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• All covered up in our back garden, we are due a cold one tonight. Fingers crossed
                              Nannys make memories

Comment

• Hello all. My garden is now a blank canvas. My daughter and I now have a plan. My big problem is that she thinks I still have loads of money left from my aunties bequest but I don't. Extensions are very expensive and I also bought a posh shed (she insists on calling it a summerhouse).

I've decided to contribute to a local charity by joining in their "Elf door" thingy. I've bought my model door that I need to convert into something they can place round the town later in the year. A few that have already been contributed were being displayed. Spider-Man, Superman, Harry Potter, Medieval Castle. I've decided on "Gardening/allotment elf". I had a major boost because my latest Dollshouse mag has gardening cutouts that I have photocopied as I don't like cutting the mag itself. The only thing I'm not comfortable about reproducing myself is wellie boots. I'll buy them online.

All the seeds I planted last week for my hanging baskets have germinated so chuffed to bits.

Time for bed. Nightsy night.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X