Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A belated Morning All! I have been and done the grocery shopping, chatted with next door neighbour re trimming his leylandii trees (sometime within the next 3 weeks - hurrah!) and am just going to put on my scruffs, preparatory to gardening. Have a good day. Beautiful here - blue skies and a light breeze.

Comment

• Good morning,

No gardening for me today. Got house work and sorting bill out today. Tho I'd rather be out in the garden. I am sure I can sort the bills outside in the lovely sunshine.

Went to the plot yesterday, everything looking good. Flowers have started to appear on my strawberries.

Have a good day
      Carrie

Comment

• Just done 2hrs weeding and labelled all 36 jam/chutney jars
        Now thinking of gooseberry and orange jam using up last year's gooseberries.

Chick update....5live and kicking chicks
        All identical!...will try and take a piccie once I know they are eating and drinking....and 'Ginger the Hun' is more settled.

I think you lot are having better weather than we are!
        It's not raining yet but you can feel it's in the air.....
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Welcome to the world, little Chicks from Auntie VC in sunshiny SW

I've been to the doc's for a checkup. The waiting room was full and very quiet. People just sitting, staring at nothing. Then my name is called and I'm summoned to Room 8. Stand up, hoick handbag on to shoulder and step forward. There's a clatter and I turn to see what made the noise! You've guessed - 'twas me. The strap of my bag was hooked around the arm of the chair and I was dragging the chair along behind me.
          At least it gave the staring ones summat to laugh at!
          Just had a fishfinger sarnie so I'm ready to conquer the weeds Byeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Was it the one you had been sitting on,maybe the chair needed to see the doc, it could have been suffering stress
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well, quick visit to the cemetary then to see step mum for lunch.
              After that we call in at BM and bought some bedding plants. My grow house is getting quite full now ��
              Whilst at the cemetary we had a word with the groundsman and have made arrangements for my grandparents/fathers grave to be made level again, it has sunk quite a bit now. Also the clean of its life, it is so grubby. The bill will be £200, well worth it to me.

I've got misty eyes cause I've just looked who is MOM, gulp, it's me.
              How did they happen, I'm probably the worst gardener on here ......
              Nannys make memories

Comment

• So well deserved NannySally.
                Its not just about the gardening but you come across as being a lovely caring person.

Well what a busy day I had. Got everything on my list done and managed to get my curtains from the dining and sitting room washed and drid due to the gale force wind,
                Third grandchild decided to come for lunch as well, so ne sitting down for the first time today.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Well said, Bramble Our May MoM is everyone's luvly Nanny

Comment

• Excellent choice of Mom - You're always here for everyone NannySally. The Vine would not be the same without you so enjoy your well deserved recognition
                    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nannysally99 View Post
                      I've got misty eyes cause I've just looked who is MOM, gulp, it's me.
                      How did they happen, I'm probably the worst gardener on here ......
                      Congratulations NS, You got it because you deserve it, and don't be silly VCs on here
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Congrats NS, enjoy!!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Evening!

Gosh...what an afternoon!
                          Last chick was abandoned!
                          Wet, cold, barely blinking

Spent half my time drying,warming, stimulating the little babbie....awww...
                          It's now lively and had a drink of water...taken it 5 hrs to recover!

The rest of my updates will be on the chook thread....but fingers crossed ...it's going back in with it's mom and siblings as soon as it gets dark
                          Let's hope it survives the night!

Oh and yes...It's now got painted toenails ( pale brown) so I can ID it tomorrow!

Flippin 'eck it's noisy!....it's going to be a gal isn't it???
                          Last edited by Nicos; 05-05-2017, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• NS....well done that gal!p

Comment

• So well deserved NannySally.
                              Its not just about the gardening but you come across as being a lovely caring person.

Well what a busy day I had. Got everything on my list done and managed to get my curtains from the dining and sitting room washed and drid due to the gale force wind,
                              Third grandchild decided to come for lunch as well, so I am just sitting down for the first time today.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• PS....chick now under Ginger the Hun ......no probs so far!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X