Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It might not be raining here,but it's ruddy cold,feels more like winter is on the way,
    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Afternoon all n'all

Had a great day yesterday...thankyou
      Bit if sad news this morning though...one of the chicks is dead.
      Looks like mom trod on her
      Not the chick I rescued though( no nail varnish)... but still sad.
      Now down to 4chicks.....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• So sorry to read about the chick, Nicos. Hope the others will be OK.

My goodness it is bracing out there! Soooo cold brrr. Not even warm enough to work in the greenhouse We managed to fill the borders with topsoil and the pathway with gravel then I came indoors because I was frozen.

Please please please warm up tomorrow. Should not be wearing gloves in May.
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Originally posted by craftymarie View Post
          So sorry to read about the chick, Nicos. Hope the others will be OK.

My goodness it is bracing out there! Soooo cold brrr. Not even warm enough to work in the greenhouse We managed to fill the borders with topsoil and the pathway with gravel then I came indoors because I was frozen.

Please please please warm up tomorrow. Should not be wearing gloves in May.
          Thats the beauty of having a woodburner in the greenhouse/shed/summerhouse!
          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Oh now that is an idea, Snadger. I don't think my husband will like that when I mention it but I like the sound of that a lot Might need to go on next year's wish list.
            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good evening, again a nice warm sunny day today, had to put my car to get some scratches repaired, (no wonder I don't like parking at supermarkets) so went a nice long walk with the dog, and it was so pleasantly warm, then I decided to cut out some ivy that's covering a tree in the hedge row at the back of my garden, if I shred some of the ivy would it do as a mulch, and if I cut up the thicker bits is it any good for burning. I picked up one of the boys early from school as I needed to take him to the opticians and if I waited till the school came out it would be a 45min. wait for a bus, we got the glasses and was back home for 4.30 so in total that was two and a half hours for me so not bad, but it does make realise how fortunate I am to have a car. I have moved some of my baskets out of the greenhouse and rigged up a platform with chairs and pallets for them to sit on till they are hardened off, at the moment they are covered with a poly tunnel and it feel as if we could have a touch of frost tonight, hope they survive. Well time to go and have a read of my book, so I wish you all a good night, and VC if you look back at vixylix`s post the last paragraph I think is for you. Goodnight
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good Morning All Hope it's a bit warmer today. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Could do with a drop of rain too
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all,i agree,not very warm but very dry,so strange,try and have a good day peeps,
                    Last edited by lottie dolly; 09-05-2017, 07:14 AM.
                    sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Morning girls, a little brighter this morning, but still cloudy
                      Before the alledged rain next week, can we, in London, have a bit of sunshine.
                      The North has had it long enough, there's people moaning about watering. Definately time to give it back.
                      Woke up to the smell of cleaning products. Hubby is cleaning the kitchen tiles for me.
                      I don't have arms long enough to do it, unless I stand on the little stool.
                      He's going to be wanting to go out somewhere I bet.
                      Anyway, have a great day you lot
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Right who stole it...NS was it you? Where is the sun this morning? It's gone and we are left with cloud and it's chilly.
                        Morning all, yes you've guessed it the sun has gone and we are left with cloud. Last night we had smoke hanging in the air, guessing there must have been fires on the hills surrounding the town. It has been so warm and dry and along with the wind it has just been a recipe for fires on the moors etc! It's a bit fresher this morning though. Well today looks like an ironing day. Really ought to tackle some of the mountain! Hopefully getting my car back tomorrow, amazing how you miss it and yet I didn't think I used it so often. Rary you should try it as without it you only buy what you really need as you have to carry it home, I've saved a fortune this last week and a half!
                        Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Believe it or not rary, I wrote my post before I read yours about not having your car!
                          sigpic

Comment

• Morning Crew - another evening of painting the Hall, Landing and Stairs last night, another coat required here and there and then onto painting the stairs and the stringers and skirting boards and touching in and hopefully I will have it all done by early next week before the carpet fitter comes on Thursday.

Falling well behind on the sowing, growing and planting but Mrs C and her stair lift has to take priority. The stair lift is coming the Tuesday after the carpet is fitted.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all. Wel we still have the sun here but that easterly breeze is certainly chilly, especially in shady areas.
                              I was woken up this morning by the sound of the painter painting the ceiling underneath our bedroom. We are getting there slowly but surely.
                              Dont know whats on the cards for today, I may pop into town for a look around.
                              Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                              And your hands begin to harden.
                              You will find yourself a partner,
                              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Morning all very cold but I have a hot water bottle in the shape of a cat on my lap

Will venture outside when it's warmed up a bit!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X