Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congratulations Mr. & Mrs. Fennel, hope you have a lovely day! 45 years, that's brilliant!
    sigpic

Comment

• Morning we had rain most of yesterday and we're due some more later, just what we've been needed for the past few weeks.
      Happy anniversary to Flo and Himself hope you didn't have to wait too long for room service.
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Thanks Jay apparently it's Sapphire. I was wondering if I'd get one but I can't get a cup of tea at the minute
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Congratulations Mr and Mrs Flo on your wedding anniversary have a lovely day.

Enjoy your market, Nicos.

We are off soon to take daughter for her extra science lessons. Taking some gardening books to read as quite a long journey as well.

Have a great weekend all.
          LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Congratulations FF, remember you could provide room service for your better half, and I would bet that would make it a memorable day for him no matter I hope you both enjoy your day
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Good morning Folks, we have had one or two light showers overnight, but now a light rain at present need to go out a walk with the dog, then I will clean out my car so that it is presentable for Jay to work on it once she has practiced on her own, and Flo weren't we all too young when we got married
              Now off for a walk before the rain gets any heavier
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Congratulations Mr and Mrs Fennel!

My job in the NHS is usually, I'm sorry to say, quite boring. After the 3rd significant reorganisation in 7 years, I'm barely settled into my new role from April and is not 100% clear what I will be doing going forward.

Not boring yesterday. I happened to be in the same office as the on call director, who then assembled an ad hoc incident room team including myself, in response to the cyber attack.... I have to say it was an absolute privilege to work with a bunch of folk I rarely work with, of all pay grades, who instantly got stuck into the task, worked smartly and outside the (IT) box, without any disagreements or confusion, coping with a constantly evolving task and changing messages, with none of the systems we usually rely on. Awesome. We all stayed late way past home time, cancelling plans and making arrangements to cover personal commitments on the fly, and we're all now on-call over the weekend, when most of us have never been on call in our lives, Lol!

So proud of them.

In nearly 10 years in the NHS I've never seen a system-wide shut down like that.

Comment

• Congratulations to Mr and Mrs Fennel.

Good to hear your story, 1Bee. Bad that the attack happened, of course, but there's nothing like people working together to build a sense of community and achievement.

As for me, looks like the rain has moved on (hope it's going where it's needed). So, I'm on a mad dash to make the most of the damp ground to get as much in this weekend as I can. All the toms, courgettes, shallots, French beans and cabbages. Plus start off a bed of sweetcorn. And as much weeding as I can manage. I'm also off to a village festival at some point. Looks like it's going to be an action-packed couple of days.

Have lots of fun, guys.

Comment

• Just back in from walking the dog water running off me as the rain has turned quite heavy now and can't go and change my clothes as we are still at my daughter's, my wife was Howden went out, but as the boy's have not surfaced yet she is away back to bed, I wonder if I should join her no maybe not for the sake of matrimonial harmony I would be better just sitting here and let the water running off me 1 Bee its good to read your post, it shows how callous and uncaring of damage some people are, but also shows how the majority of people are willing to help one another when there is need, its just a pity that some of the people in power don't see that, to most of them you are just a number

Comment

• Good morning all,was nice having some gentle rain yesterday,cooler but better to do jobs in,hoping to go lottie again later on,finaly got the netting on the big walk in brassica cage,i have kale that needs to go out,just hoping the rain has been enough,
                      Congratulations to MR & MRS fennel,well done.
                      have a good day peeps
                      sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• I've worked in the NHS for nearly 30 years and we practice for a system shut down twice a year and moan that it will never happen. How wrong can you be? Glad it hasn't happened to us and ironic that our next practice for outage is next week. Well done 1 Bee

Comment

• BTW we tried going paperless last year but didn't like it and reverted quite recently.

Comment

• Everyone I worked with and everyone I spoke to were simply wonderful.

We even got a practice manager to run around the block to a neighbouring practice and hammer on the door because we couldn't reach them! o

Just hope the impact on patients wasn't too severe.

Comment

• Well done 1Bee and colleagues! Underrated most of the time.

Those showers I was expecting...well they have joined together and become one big morning of rain...it's pouring down! Rary, you'll have to wait for your car to be done, can't start mine now that it's raining...
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay22 View Post
                                Well done 1Bee and colleagues! Underrated most of the time.

Those showers I was expecting...well they have joined together and become one big morning of rain...it's pouring down! Rary, you'll have to wait for your car to be done, can't start mine now that it's raining...
                                That's fine Jay, being a male and married I am used to waiting for a woman, and I do want you to practice on your own first

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X