Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks everyone, had a lovely meal out, ate too much and am now relaxing in some sunshine - couldn't ask for better weather today!

Congratulations Rary on whatever your special day is, your birthday? I hope you have a great day whatever you are celebrating. Age is just a number you know. Ive known some very spritely older people - my own grandad was working on other people's gardens right up until he died in his mid eighties - what an inspiration.

Cad, hope the carpet fitting goes well. And yes you do really deserve some dedicated allotment time now before you do any more decorating.
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• good evening, it turned out a reasonable day today if out the wind it was quite warm, not much garden related work today as OH likes to do her weekly shopping on Thursday, and when we came back from that I took the dog a walk, and picked up a couple of small trees one silver birch the other a hawthorn, so the dog got an extra long walk as I carried one home then went back for the other, possibly overdone it as my legs are now quite sore, and I darent say anything or OH will go into lecture mode about I shouldn't be carrying anything heavy, but of course shopping is not included in that especially when she just walks in the house and leaves me to bring in all the bags. marie you were doing well lass up until you come to the "very spritely older people" age as you say in just a number, the worrying/ good part is that the numbers get greater, thank goodness for the Vine as compared to VC and some others I am just a boyWell Friday tomorrow so enjoy what you do and try and make others happy. Goodnight
      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Evening All
        Congrats Marie and to you, rary. Was it Card from the Queen day today? That's rary, not Marie - I know you're only a young un, like me
        Its been a sunshiny day and I've been dock digging. The ground is just right for weed pulling after all the rain in the last few days. Pulling out a long dock root is very satisfying, but it would be better if it was a parsnip!
        My new quince tree arrived today so that'll be tomorrow's job - finding a suitable spot and digging a hole. Hoping for another good day for us all

Comment

• OK...I request a badge of honour please peeps!

OH loved Game of Thrones so much , he's asked me to watch the whole series....dating back several years...with him.
          And yes, I'm watching them every evening with him, bit by bit,
          Very mixed feelings about some of it, but I sort of get the bits he enjoys...

Hmmm....Gardeners World suddenly becomes way more appealing!

Tomorrow I hope to meet up with peeps I've not seen for a few years....plus a pile of ironing!
          My OH pointed out to me that although the Oak Trees on the horizon are only about 20% in leaf, that the nights start drawing in in just over 4weeks!!!
          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good Morning and Happy Friday I've watched GoT twice and read all the books so I think you could say I'm a fan. Have a good day )
            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning, dull this morning but the sun is trying to get through. Chillier than it has been of late and I think it has to rain but hey let's be glass half full today!

Hope you had a lovely day yesterday Marie! Happy Anniversary to you and Mr. CM!

Have a great day everyone.
              sigpic

Comment

• Morning People, thank you to all the people that support my request for gardening leave, I was putting together a new shoe storage cabinet last night and will finish it off later today when I return from an early inspection of a property.

So now I may have time to get on with the garden & allotment we have rain!
                sigpic
                . .......Man Vs Slug
                Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Raining here too Cad, but sunshine is on it's way
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !

Nice frock today Flo!

Comment

• Morning everyone, dull and decidedly nippy today. Tomatoes, Kale and Sprouts spent the night out and will be planted into their final containers on the next day that it's not raining. It may be a while .....
                      Still waiting for corn and runners to come up. Need a bit more sunshine.
                      Anyway, that's me for this morning, nothing planned
                      Have a great day
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning we've also got rain only downside is it brings out the slugs they're hiding under my seed trays
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Morning all,rain again,Rary,what was it you were celebrating yesterday come on,am not making any plans for today,it's as it comes,my word i do have a fussy hen,after i cleaned out yesterday,i put a container with bedding in,in the corner where she lays,it was not good enough,twice she moved it out the way,and layed the egg on the bare floor this morning,she seems to build nest walls but likes the bare floor,have tried putting her in the nest box to no avail,at least i am getting eggs,enjoy your day peeps.
                          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all. We have a lovel sunny morning here.
                            Nothing in particular planned so will play it by ear.
                            Gradaughter coming in for lunch later.
                            Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                            And your hands begin to harden.
                            You will find yourself a partner,
                            In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Hailstones!....wasn't expecting that!

Comment

• Sorry about that, Nicos. You obviously got what we were due. All we had was rain. It seemed like a lot yesterday, but it's so sunny and windy today that the ground is already drying up. Time to get busy, busy on the beds.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X