Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning everyone - sun for some lucky people and rain for others. We have rain but thankfully not as heavy as yesterday.

I see the slugs and snails making a comeback with the wet weather. Saw the tell tale trails over the cold frame - notice they left the asparagus peas (must be horrid!) and chewed into the aubergines! Ha ha. I fished one out from the greenhouse as it was moving towards my sweet peppers.

Seeds are struggling to germinate in this cloudy and cool weather. Hope we get more warmth and sun soon. Been a funny May really.

Have a good Friday
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Just wondering has BM been in lately or have I just missed him?
      sigpic

Comment

• Not for a couple of days I think Jay.....I imagine he's got stuck into some major activity?????
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• BM's probably having a nap
          http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1533172

Its all sunshiny here and I've been filling another bit of GH with tomatoes - that's 42 plants so far and at least 30 different varieties Still have a few more needing a home!
          Lunch was a cheese and freshly picked cucumber and lettuce sarnie. First cuke of the year Come on tomatoes, hurry up, my salad needs you!

Everyone happy?

Comment

• How nice it is to be missed...................have taken up fishing again after a year off so have been spending a lot of time browsing & buying stuff................and practising things in't garden......................like how to put up a piggin' bivvy................
            Last edited by Bigmallly; 19-05-2017, 01:12 PM.
            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
            --------------------------------------------------------------------
            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
            -------------------------------------------------------------------
            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
            -----------------------------------------------------------
            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
              Hailstones!....wasn't expecting that!
              We had the hailstones yesterday.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                how to put up a piggin' bivvy................
                A piggin' bivvy... What variety of animal/vegetable/mineral be that?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigmallly View Post
                  How nice it is to be missed...................have taken up fishing again after a year off so have been spending a lot of time browsing & buying stuff
                  BM I gave it up years ago, although I did enjoy it n spent a fortune in gear!

The one thing I still have is the full collection of "The art of Fishing Magazine" all sat neatly and tidy in their own 6 hardback folders and as been so n sat in my "Study" for the last God knows how many years!

Pretty comprehensive detailed educational reference to all types of Fishing!

Were having a tidy up! and redecoration!

Your's if ya want it?
                  "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• Good afternoon a nice sunny day here, forecast was rain but not happened yet went over to the coast and dropped in to a restaurant for lunch, then drove down the coast and pulled in to a picnic area as we sat looking out OH asked what more could you want, the view was stunning, bright sunlight, looking over to Arran with a couple of yachts sailing past and thought, eat your Hart out VC you don't get this in sunshiny South Wales, but answered OH by saying I'm going for a couple of bags of seaweed, a great day
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Deano's "Diggin It" View Post
                      Your's if ya want it?
                      Thanks for the kind offer Deano, I left a rook of books behind when I moved. Utube is my source of information these days. I look at it as lazy man's reading..............
                      sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                      --------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                      -----------------------------------------------------------
                      KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                        Good afternoon a nice sunny day here, forecast was rain but not happened yet went over to the coast and dropped in to a restaurant for lunch, then drove down the coast and pulled in to a picnic area as we sat looking out OH asked what more could you want, the view was stunning, bright sunlight, looking over to Arran with a couple of yachts sailing past and thought, eat your Hart out VC you don't get this in sunshiny South Wales, but answered OH by saying I'm going for a couple of bags of seaweed, a great day
                        That's where your wrong, rary, 'cos I can see ships and 2 islands from my bedroom window and if I drive down to the coast - about 5 miles I can watch the yachts - so there
                        Forgot to say - its always sunshiny here and we have, and eat, seaweed
                        Glad you enjoyed your day out - who paid for lunch?

Comment

• Originally posted by veggiechicken View Post
                          That's where your wrong, rary, 'cos I can see ships and 2 islands from my bedroom window and if I drive down to the coast - about 5 miles I can watch the yachts - so there
                          Forgot to say - its always sunshiny here and we have, and eat, seaweed
                          Glad you enjoyed your day out - who paid for lunch?
                          Come on I had to drive, fair's,fair
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• ^^^^^^ should have added you don't see Arran

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                              Come on I had to drive, fair's,fair
                              But who paid for the petrol?

Originally posted by rary View Post
                              ^^^^^^ should have added you don't see Arran
                              True but I have an Arran sweater and that's in my wardrobe so I don't have to drive to see it
                              Anyway, I can see England from my house - can you?

Comment

• Play nicely you two lol
                                Nannys make memories

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X