Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good morning and what a beautiful one it is. I would like to be gardening today but I've got a trip to Ardley Waste management centre this morning on behalf of our Town Council. Have a lovely day everyone.
    "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
    "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
    Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning, another day of sunshine
      Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Well thought Harry had toothache so gave him some painkiller last night...didn't work. Still pacing around panting and swiping at his face. Up most of the night. About three hours ago I gave him a piriton hey presto he is sound asleep. I think it's his skin problem. Son has arrived home and has gone for a snooze so I'm going for those 40 winks Nicos was talking about. Sun is up but it can wait till later. Have a great day everyone.
        sigpic

Comment

• Rough night Jay?

As Nicos say's, get your head down as n when ya can, and look after yourself!

Morning All!

Glorious Day here!

Shower, shave and a day on the plot beckons, pricking out n potting on which I adour, radio n a few cold one's in hand of course!

Happy Pottering everyone!
          "Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad"

Comment

• It's a lovely sunny afternoon here, and I am busy cooking off chicken for tonight's tea, O H busy inspecting the inside of her eye lidsshe says she can't sleep the full night through, and tells me my snoring keeps her awake, funny how all the heavy traffic on the road doesn't bother her we have the dog down with us but not taking her out for a walk as its too hot, she is better just going in and out the house, once I am finished here I will go and soak the greenhouse to cool it down a bit, just as I put that down I realise why OH tells me to go and have a cold shower at times. Have to go enjoy your day
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Afternoon n'all!

Early start for me....gite cleaning , off to market to stock up on a few veg plugs (due to germination failures....), lunch outside...and now contemplating 40winks for me!
              Seems a pity to be indoors though..... tis 27C!

On our way home we picked wild cornflowers and oxeye daisies-there are millions along the roadsides-so pretty.
              I noticed the wild foxgloves and small Flanders poppies are suddenly appearing too!
              And a huge field of flax flowering pale purple/blue...Beautiful!

My giant perennial poppies decided to open this morning too-We have red and an orange plant-so pretty swaying/fluttering in the breeze.

Perfeck
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Afternoon all - and Rary behave!!

I'm now working from home 4 days a week, so it feels strange to be back in the office today.

I'm off work all of next week though so looking forward to getting things planted out!!

I spent ages yesterday watching all the little sparrows dust bathing themselves in my freshly dug soil - it was lovely to watch, but then I told them not to do it once my plants are there!

Hope all are well and enjoying the lovely weather

Comment

• Hello all,
                  Late start here. 6 hours slog at the stables resulted in heat stroke. Spent 18 hours in bed - nauseous, splitting head, shivers, sticky eyes that wouldn't focus....Not fun so now I will be ultra-careful. And buying a hat I can wear while running with horses. No sunburn though, Factor 30 did well.

Off to the plot in a bit when the day is cooling for some more planting out. Elvira might even get her gigantic feet in the ground...
                  http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Originally posted by vixylix View Post
                    Afternoon all - and Rary behave!!
                    Hope all are well and enjoying the lovely weather
                    Vixy I take it that was a typo error and you meant VC
                    it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Don't over do it Sparrow pace yourself
                      sigpic
                      . .......Man Vs Slug
                      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Yes Sparrow - you need to rest, recover and rehydrate - sunstoke can be nasty - planting out will wait another day!

Comment

• Thanks both - I am taking it very easy. Going up at 5ish for planting out and I've spent a few hours this afternoon sorting out my balcony & sowing seeds. The balcony is north-facing so very shady most of the day. Plus Angel Delight for pud tonight, which, along with creme caramel, can cure all ills.

Hope you had some kip Jay & Janie.
                          http://mudandgluts.com - growing fruit and veg in suburbia

Comment

• Good evening, warm here to day and waited till this evening before doing any work, I have planted up some tubs and while cleaning out one from last year I found some vine weevil will need to find out how to deal with them but at present I am going to sterilize the soil by either heating it up or using a wallpaper stripper, I quite fancy a stripper, but we won't go into that just now Well now for off to bed hopping that I can get a night's sleep and that its not too warm, if you are on holiday tomorrow enjoy your day, try and pass on a smile, and keep safe. Goodnight

Comment

• Morning all, boy it's warm this morning. Not a lot to do so it's potting on for the toms today, the desperately need bigger pots! Just haven't had the time. Looks as though it's going to be another really warm day but tomorrow they are forecasting some really horrendous rain so not looking forward to that. Grass needs cut again so if it stays cloudy for a bit this morning I may get that done. Anyhoo, hope you all have a lovely day and enjoy the weather...oh and it's Friday and a long weekend for some folks so enjoy.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Very warm and sunny again. Nice frock Jay Have a good day
                                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X