Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Peopleoids looks like another warm sunny day is on the way and keeping my fingers crossed that the stair lift gets installed today. Whatever you end up doing enjoy yourself it's later than you think!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3vnJV8LGHM
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all. Sparrow, I hope you're feeling right as rain today. Rary, why were you hopping to bed? Have you hurt your leg? And Jay22, I hope the rain wasn't too bad. I hate severe storms on a hot day, as we often get hail when that happens.

Anyway, big day here for me. Need to rotavate a couple of beds (more work than it sounds as I need to add muck and ash, and they're about 14 metres long each, though only 80 cm or so wide).

And then I'm off out for the day with Mr Snoop. Plenty of tedium for me as he spends hours in the secondhand shops where we're going and then probably plenty of tedium for him as he waits at the nursery while we wait for all the old boys till it's my turn to get all my plug plants! I won't list them all, especially as I'll probably add a few things extra when I get there, as I usually do. Suffice to say they'll keep me very busy this weekend.

Hope you all have a great day too.

Comment

• Morning all

Hope you are feeling better, Sparrow. It sounded nasty.

Good luck with stairlift, Cad.

I am looking forward to doing some gardening before it gets too hot and maybe this evening.

Still trying to work out where all my tomato plants are going. I did not expect all of them to grow so well lol. Might need to give a few away.
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning all - another warm one in prospect! Off to get the shopping shortly before it gets too warm. Then, going to the plot later to plant out runner beans, courgettes and beetroot grown in modules. I might even transfer some cucumbers to the glass shed. Tomatoes and cukes are coming on a treat now!! I'm going to need some more MPC.

Still trying to work out where all my tomato plants are going. I did not expect all of them to grow so well lol. Might need to give a few away.
          You and me both Marie - it is another conundrum. Why do the plants that you are not too bothered about do REALLY well (I have 18 tomato plants and I have given 2 away) and those that are important, just sit there, refusing to co-operate?

Ah well, perhaps I am transmitting my anxiety to my beans Have a good day, whatever the temperature.

Comment

• Good morning, very warm this morning,attended to all my pots and baskets and the greenhouse, and now getting ready to head for the Clyde valley, I think OH wants to buy me lunch or something, take care folks, keep safe and pass on a smile
            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !

Late start for me...ooops!

More potting on and planting out for me today ...hopefully!
              We too have stonking weather-looks like watering pots and tubs will be a bit of a priority for the next few days!
              I'm being a good gal and putting gravel/stones around the top of the flower tubs . Makes it hard to tell if they need watering though!I really want to crack on with extra mulching this year-I keep intending to do more every year.
              It's been busy on our little lane this morning-the farmers have been wrapping haylage bales and taking them back to their farm. Rediculously large machines for such small rural lanes.....but that should be on the rant page eh?

Have a gud'un peeps....try not to burn if you have the Golden Orb....
              Last edited by Nicos; 26-05-2017, 08:47 AM.
              "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Enjoy your lunch out rary!

Comment

• Good morning all. Beautiful sunny day again today. Forecast saying this may be the last of the fine westher as rain is on the way. Dont mind if it rains, but getting it to stop is the problem.
                  Watering all the tomatoes and chillis before it gets too hot in the greenhouse. Had to damp it down a few times yesterday and put up my net curtain for shading.
                  Off out for my walk and to the supermarket for grocery shopping
                  Grandaughter to entertsin this afternoon so I wont be lonely.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Just checked Bramble...and yep, Tis due to break for us Sunday/Monday-with storms..yey!...love them, so long as the wind isn't too strong!

I'm just hoping we've had our last frost now.....once we get past 9 th June I'll be happy( latest frost we've had here)

Thinking about being bold and planting out the Espellette peppers....maybe under a large cloche for now....

Comment

• Enjoy your day out rary, you've got a great day for it! It's been ages since I've been to the Clyde Valley.
                      sigpic

Comment

• The stair lift man came he tried to install and there was a problem with the automatic arm that comes down when the chair is called from the ground or comes to the ground floor. He tried to resolve, he then spent an hour on the phone to technical support at least three different people.

He got cut off and I said to him what part of the, "This unit is (a six letter technical term beginning in F and ending in d) and a new one needs to be sent out" don't they understand. Poor guy if he had not been bald already he would have torn his hair out.

I put him out of his misery and said, give me the phone and told them enough is enough I'm telling the fitter to put the bleeping thing back in the lorry and you send him back with a functioning device, I don't need an obstruction on the stairs and need the second handrail re installed so the wife can get up and down them.

So they are having a third bite of the cherry next Tuesday, if they cock that up I will tell them to place their stair lift where the sun does not shine and will go to a different company.
                        sigpic
                        . .......Man Vs Slug
                        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• They're really putting you and Mrs Cad through hell at the moment. Stair lifts aren't cheap so you'd think they'd have tested the things before its sent for installation.

Comment

• Afternoon all, late on parade due to an unexpected shift at work this morning.
                            Poor you Cad, it must be so frustrating grr.
                            Weather is fab, garden flowers and veg all ok - still no carrots, I'm wondering if I really did plant them lol
                            I think we may be getting some thunder and rain tomorrow, hopefully it will freshen the air up.
                            Enjoy the rest of the day
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Good afternoon still lovely and warm here, went to the Clyde valley and had a fine day there, didn't buy anything but I don't suppose that's a surprise to some of you, got a bit lost going there OH wanted to visit some mill, which is easy to get to from the M8-----before the new road was opened up, we had to follow a diversion which had a diversion, I will stop with that or go to the rant thread
                              We did have a nice meal, which I paid, but she wanted her change back I thought I could keep the change for she said here take this and go and pay the bill, ah well maybe the next time. Cad. why do you want to send the chair lift up here and Snoop if I gave you the answer to your question I would get banned. Well enjoy the evening don't overdo it and try giving a stranger a cheerful word.
                              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Just sitting having a cup of tea and watching the birds at the feeder, just now it's mostly sparrows but there are blue tits and the occasional coal tits, but very few great tits coming to the feeder, there are also blackbirds, and some pigeons dropping in, I did discover a thrush's nest with three eggs under a waterbutt sadly the eggs were cold as it is close to a gap in the fence that cats use so I think a cat got a parent, by the way the feeder is needing filled up about two and a half times a day, which reminds me I will need to buy a bag of feeding tomorrow

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X