Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning all, it's a lovely fresh morning this morning. Daughter is on her way home as we speak to try and avoid the rush hour traffic here and in Birmingham! Had a lovely weekend with her. Domestics today and not a lot else I think. Hope you all have a lovely day.

Did you get the stairlift fitted ok Cad?
    Last edited by Jay22; 31-05-2017, 04:59 AM.
    sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning Jay et al, lovely morning Have a good day
      Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Jay et al

Nope Acorn didn't turn up and they didn't ring to inform us they wouldn't be turning up!!!

Me thinks a telephone call to make someone's ears bleed is in order. In so many ways it's good that Mrs C has recovered that she can struggle up them and we are not as desperate as some others may be. I may suggest they reduce the price in compensation for the days lost in awaiting their arrival, Mrs C said get your deposit back and we will go else where but the reality is there are only three main companies out there and only two of those actually make their own product.
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• I think I would be doing what Mrs. C. suggests Cad...three chances would be enough in my book! Absolutely ridiculous!
          Last edited by Jay22; 31-05-2017, 08:12 AM. Reason: Fixing sentence
          sigpic

Comment

• Glorious day, hardly a breathe of wind, greenhouse is opened up and watered as is the mini tunnel, off fishing see ya later.

Comment

• Sorry to hear your news, Rary.

And Cadalot, I'd be fuming. Sitting around all day and not even a call!

I've have been round the garden with the watering can again. No rain yesterday after all. Planted out my peppers, aubergines and chillies this morning. So that was a good job done too. Things are starting to look like it's all worth the effort, as there are plenty of peas and broad beans for supper tonight. Can't believe I will actually be picking a decent amount of peas. And as for the broad beans, my harvests have been virtually non-existent in recent years, so that's a big improvement.

Saw an odd thing this morning: tiny brown birds, possibly wren fledglings, in my Brussels sprout plants, flittering about. Not sure if they were struggling to fly, looking for caterpillars or having a bathe in the olive flower pollen and dew caught in the leaves. They were behaving as if they were having a dust bath but inside the plants. Maybe they were trying to shake off any caterpillars or snails. Good on them if so. Not sure the leaves will have enjoyed the battering, but it was a lovely thing to see.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Comment

• Question for anyone who stays in York

Thinking of heading to York, our favourite city, rather than the Lakes at the weekend. Last time we were there on a Saturday night is was full of hen and stag parties but I understand the city was trying to sort it out. My question really is have the city sorted it out or is it still a no go area on Saturdays?
                sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. When I looked out the window this morning I couldnt see it was so misty.
                  Its clearing now so off out to play pitch and putt with my sister.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all !

Cad...if this is how they are fitting the product can you imagine what the repair team would be like in an emergency?

I'd go somewhere else...even if it costs more. Peace of mind etc....

Gardening and domestics for me today.
                    Looks like we have a poorly old chook... need to keep an eye on her poor thing.

Lots to do...see you later peeps-have a gud'un
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, it was not a pleasant morning for me, but I know it had to come sometime as we are all getting older, well the rest of the family are, and with the family reminisces it makes you realize how much everyday life has changed and how very fortunate we are, someone who was at the age I am now was considered very old, and before there are any comments (VC) I am still a young man.
                      Getting serenaded by one of the grandsons with some he guitar, some of it is good but why oh why does he like heavy metal music will need to go just now as he now wants some thing to eat
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Well the fishing was pants, too hot and too bright I think, plus very low water(we fisherman have a plethora of excuses, I can hire you some if you're in need of any). Wife's had her mate round for lunch.........hmmmmmmmmmmm Strawberries look depleted lol!! someone's been scrumping again.

Comment

• Strawberries are ripening. I haven't eaten my own home grown ones for over 20 years.

Went over to my daughters this afternoon to deliver her 50th birthday present and cuddle my ggson. Her birthday's on Saturday but she's off on holiday tomorrow. I did exactly the same for my 50th to avoid the placards and balloons all up the road. I can't believe it's 20 years ago. When I visited our old holiday home 18 months ago the melted balloons were still stuck to the paintwork and I could still read the Happy Birthday 50 greeting on them.

Another lovely day. Still haven't finished planting all the plug plants. I have some more plants arriving that I'm getting a little concerned about as I had an email last Friday saying they'd been despatched, but they haven't arrived yet.

Condolences Rary and hugs to HH and Cad.
                          "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                          "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                          Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening everyone, my last post with the MoM crown on.
                            Hugs to all that need them, Cad you have the patience of a saint.
                            Went to the British Museum with the GG, came back flipping worn out I can tell you.
                            Greek, Roman and Egypted out.
                            I think we were there only for three and a half hours.
                            Forgot to mention that she had our first ripe strawberry yesterday.
                            Radishes are going really well along with watercress.
                            When I get five minutes I do need to sort out the tomato armpits
                            Money maker need taking off and tumbling Tom are left to get on with it. Right?
                            Nannys make memories

Comment

• You're stuck wearing your crown for a little while longer, NS Its not tied to a calendar month - its a Vine month and we all know that Vine time is a little different
                              Used to love going to the BM (the Museum, not the gorilla). There was a crystal head ? South American, that I would gaze at and lose myself inside its head

Yes MM loses its armpits, TT doesn't.

Comment

• Ah, ok, I'm growing TT for the first time. I'll leave them alone then.

I had a meeting this evening and as it is warm I left the back door open so that my dogs could go out in the garden. When I got back Hollie was unusually mummyish and Prince was very cowed. He was creeping about on his tummy and obviously scared. Someone has scared my babies in their own garden. How bloody dare they.
                                "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                                "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                                Oxfordshire

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X