Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Evening I've been out and about most of the day some shopping some visiting, did get a bit of gardening done though.

Fingers crossed for your stairlift Cad.
    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Eaten my first homegrown strawberry for many years. Delicious!

I've been waiting indoors for hours for a dolls house to be delivered. It is being donated to charity but I've got the job of turning it into a fairy/elf house with a woodland theme. It's huge. I was thinking small and dainty but it's anything but. Racking my brains trying to think of this as a fairy house.
      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Evening all.

Very hot and humid. Am struggling to get much done as just feel tired all the time. Been snacking on a few strawberries (like other peeople I see) and now there's no red ones left. They never made it out of the greenhouse

My okra all died. They just never seemed to take off. Everything else looks ok. Off for some mindless tv watching before zonking out.
        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Good evening, still heavy rain, and I am feeling a bit down as I have not managed to get out to the greenhouse, plus feeling very tired but if I went to bed now I would be up about three, though I then could have a conversation with Nicos I think I will go and read a book and if I drift off to bad, enjoy your day tomorrow and try and be kind to a stranger
          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Earlyish night for me. Flo...you'll be pleased to hear I've finally watched all the GOT episodes ready for July!

Mostly domestics for me tomorrow-preparing the spare room and cleaning up generally for our daughter's arrival on Saturday!
            Sooo excited!
            ...you may see a tad less of me next week folks, but I'm sure you'll understand why?

Might see ya later rary?
            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• What?....no rary yet?

* tootles off back to bed!

Comment

• Morning all, well since you tootled off back to bed Nicos think I have best dress today! No idea what the weather is like as I haven't looked. Still half asleep so not sure what's on the cards today. Have a great day everyone!
                sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All and Happy Friday Been reading around this morning so I'll have to settle for cast offs. Have a good day
                  Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Slow start to the day here, but really need to get my skates on as we have visitors coming for the weekend and there's lots to do.

Picked the first broad beans and a proper harvest of peas yesterday. So chuffed thought I'd mention it here as well as on the Today I Picked thread. The broad beans were the best I've ever had - never knew they could taste this good. Doubly pleased as this is the first year ever I've had any success with them.

Now off to water. Hope you all have a great day.

Comment

• Morning all, a little dull here this morning.
                      Just picked a cute little radish for the GG to eat, by next week they will be a perfect size.
                      Easy morning for me and then a lunchtime trip to the cinema for us girls.
                      Then a trip to the local carvery for tea as its on the way to our daughters.
                      A perfect week for us coming to an end.
                      Quick question - just one of my Charlotte spuds has developed yellow leaves, what's that all about? His mate in the bucket looks fine
                      Have a lovely day all
                      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning another sunny day here its hair cut time again does seem to come around fast, that's a thought did you find another hairdresser you liked Flo?
                        Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Went to bed about oneish and slept all night just up ten minutes ago, best sleep I have had for a while, now need to see what OH wants to give me for breakfast, enjoy your day
                          it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning Crew - Sunny and bright here at the moment, shopping, cutting grass then dropping off to the allotment and some work scheduled for me today.
                            sigpic
                            . .......Man Vs Slug
                            Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                            Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Guess what room service brought me today????
                              Yup a BACON butty ...on homemade bread

Mmmmm.....mmm...mmmmm...
                              We brought a few packets back with us when we were in the UK.
                              This one was a proper bacon...with a crispy rind!...hard to find these days apparently.

Mmmmm...did I mention mmmmm?

Comment

• Good morning all. We have the sunshine today.
                                Off to the hairdressers asit needs to be done.
                                Then have to visit The Hospice. Yes, my grandkids other granny and my close friend, who was diagnosed with advanced lung cancer a few weeks ago is deteriorating rapidly.
                                My daughter, her husband and child have cancelled their holiday which they have saved for over the last two years much to grandchilds disappointment and upset at the thought of loosing her grandmother. They were due to fly out in the morning.
                                We also have an upcoming holiday and were due to go with two other couples as we always do but one couple are unable to go as he has just been taken into hospital and has had his gall bladder removed and cant travel.
                                Me and OH would rather be at home here supporting the family but feel we owe it to the other couple not to let them down.
                                I can only say the last few weeks have been really tough and everything is still so uncertain.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X