Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning Dudes It's a smashing sunny day today and getting warmer tomorrow.

Stair lift Update: I heard back from Acorn by phone who after research (Really!) have decided to send me £50 of gift vouchers (Hush Money), because of the amount of times I had time off work waiting in for it to be fitted (I work from home, I just didn't arrange site visits on those days, but they don't know that).

I should receive the vouchers within 14 days (I will not hold my breath) I'm guessing that they will then consider the matter resolved and remove it from Trustpilot!
    Last edited by Cadalot; 17-06-2017, 07:42 AM.
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning all, glorious start to the day.
      Nothing much on my parade today, just general upkeep of our lovely garden.
      This is not a rant, but I am fed up of big white vans round here. In fact there's one down our drive at the moment, which will please hubby no end when he returns shortly.
      Every house that is sold is pimped to as many bedrooms as they can get.
      Oh well, ce la vie
      We are having salad tonight to include our home grown watercress. Everything else is still growing.
      Have a great day everyone
      Nannys make memories

Comment

• Watercress NS?
        Do tell us more!...I'd love to grow some!
        Cad....'bout time they acknowledged their errors
        It'll probably be a £50 voucher off one of their stair lifts!
        "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Gosh snoop...that's hot...really hot!

Comment

• *Miss, miss, Flo swore!
            Good on ya!

And Bren....I'm just loving this sunshine.We've waited long enough for summer haven't we?

Comment

• Good morning all and a beatiful sunny day here as well. Off out to water all my plants before it gets too hot.
              Competition today in the pitch and putt so two rounds.it will probablymtske the whole afternoon but at least the weather will be perfect.
              Have an enjoyable day all.

And when your back stops aching,
              And your hands begin to harden.
              You will find yourself a partner,
              In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Rary.....we have a 'brick maker' we used in the UK to recycle paper into pape mache bricks.
                Works really well with newspaper.
                Tis certainly a job to be done in the summer so they dry quicker.
                Never tried it with cardboard, but I don't see why not!

Mine is a bit like this one....

https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Briquette...PER/B00979O4XY
                Last edited by Nicos; 17-06-2017, 09:03 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                  Watercress NS?
                  Do tell us more!...I'd love to grow some!
                  Cad....'bout time they acknowledged their errors
                  It'll probably be a £50 voucher off one of their stair lifts!
                  Watercress is dead easy Nicos.
                  Grown in mfb, but any tub would do, probably nowhere near the depth of a bucket really.
                  Water, stand back and wait - obviously still watering. Doesn't take long either
                  VC kindly posted me these seeds last year when I mentioned a desire for growing them .....
                  Nannys make memories

Comment

• Afternoon I've got some watercress seeds Sally but I keep on forgetting to sow them, wonder if its to late this year anyway I'll sow some you never know.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good afternoon, took OH to a GC for lunch and I paid I fact I even got to open her purse to get the money out, she has difficulty pulling it open, I slipped up though I should have asked what the combination was to unlock it I know it would have been taking advantage of her while she is feeling a bit low, maybe the next time. She's having a sleep just now as she awakens several times throughout the night, but will need to awaken her shortly, or I will need to feed myself
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Nicos I should have added I have a log maker, but the way that was shower was rigging up a circular saw blade and a power drill to shred the paper to a pulp, and having done that I can get 4 paper logs in about half an hour, which saves leaving the paper to steep for several days, and as I have solar panels I get free electricity to power the drill,
                        I will need to ask Snoop what she means, channelling rary? she wouldn't mean I don't like spending money, would she?
                        it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Bren, definately plant watercress. It comes up really quick
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Evening all,

I just planted watercress today so I hope it comes up. I did it in a shallow seed tray with holes that is inside a tray without holes. So will keep water in the tray underneath. Will see how it goes as I haven't tried it before. I thought you could plant these most of the year round but I might be wrong.

Hurt my arm, think I pulled a muscle gardening and now it's sore to move or carry things. So not writing loads.

Very hot. Got up to 38 in greenhouse. Xxx
                            LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                              Woken up by the phone in it's cradle making a funny noise. Clearly Hibou had walked passed it a slightly dislodged it
                              I opened the window to let the lovely morning air in....and now I have hay fever

I think I may as well put the kettle on and do a bit of ironing before it gets too hot.
                              Happy Sunday y'all.

Comment

• Morning been up about a hour had a wonder around the garden counting my lettuce all present and correct but another sunflowers been eaten though.
                                Location....East Midlands.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X