Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy Dads Day Dads...................................

Comment

• Thanks Burnie Morning all, I've been up a while and have done some tidying up inside and out and have all my composting materials ready to load up into the car and take to the allotment. I can't see me lasting all morning with the sun and temperatures anticipated today. Besides my little Triffid wants her garden back as good as it used to be before I got the allotments. Daughters are doing a BBQ late this afternoon/ evening, hence the four sacks and four buckets with lids of composting material for my Daleks.

Have a great Fathers Day all
      sigpic
      . .......Man Vs Slug
      Click Here for my Diary and Blog
      Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good Morning All Another sunny one. Have a lovely day
        Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all - hot here already! Swathed the cherry tree in netting on Friday - watched by a particularly baleful blackbird - and not a moment too soon. Ripening up nicely I am supposed to be going out with the Ramblers this morning - debating on (a) what to wear and (b) whether to even go! I think I will .... just lots of fluids and sun lotion and possibly ...... shorts!!! Arrrgghhh - the horror.

Have a good day whether in shorts or not.

Comment

• Morning all, another lovely day, with rain forecast for later.
            Which is a shame as we are going to a Fathers Day BBQ
            Gardens looking great, I armpitted the toms again yesterday. I have a few with flowers now. I was so late getting them going, it's a miracle
            Anyway, Happy Fathers Day to any Dads on here. I don't have a Dad anymore, but I suspect he's up there getting into mischief just like he always did
            Have a great day, will report about the possibly soggy BBQ tonight
            Nannys make memories

Comment

• Morning,not going to moan,but i is boiling hot,and looking for the cool,not started them tiles yet,by the time i worked out the plan,this heat came,am waking up so early just lately,was out watering the back at 5.15,so nice,next time am up will think about going lottie,it needs resucitation,and plants need to go out,might see what its like much later on tonight,have a good day,do not get heat stressed or burned.
              sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good evening all. What a wonderful sunny day.
                After breakfast walked to the cemetary, 35 minutes, it was hot.
                Spent about an hour there and wslked home again.
                In the afternoon son and daughter came by with their kids to wish hubby a happy fathers day.
                Gifts and cards and a few glasses of champagne.
                Sitting in the sun exchanging news.
                What more could you ask for.A great day.

And when your back stops aching,
                And your hands begin to harden.
                You will find yourself a partner,
                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Evening I've spent the day outdoors enjoying he sunshine, no gardening though apart from watering my GH this morning.
                  Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Evening all

Stonking day here.
                    Managed to get most things I'd planned done.
                    Then 3hrs in the garden, in and out of the sun. think I may have a red tummy in the morning

Lovely mixed salad for tea followed by my first attempt at a bitter chocolate mousse to go with the rasps and straws we picked earlier. Fingers crossed it works out.
                    "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• I'm not a fan of this heat but I do like being able to garden up till 9 in the evening

Will be up early and outside tomorrow before it gets too hot then wait until after 5 again. Maybe best to have a siesta during the hottest hours!

Not sure how well plants are coping. Onions and carrots bolting but hot weather crops seem to like it. The other bonus is the dry weather seems to have greatly reduced slug numbers this year - even lettuce grown in beds are mostly unscathed. Could not have got away with that last year.

Have a pleasant evening all
                      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• I really need to finish the gate I've made. I couldn't get one the right size ready made and bespoke were asking silly money. I need to put it on a level surface and that means my new kitchen floor. It's just too hot to carry it in, tarpaulin as protection for the floor. It seemed silly when I had the wood sitting around doing nothing.

I will then need help hanging it as it is far too heavy for one person.
                        "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                        "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                        Oxfordshire

Comment

• Originally posted by JanieB View Post
                          I really need to finish the gate I've made. I couldn't get one the right size ready made and bespoke were asking silly money. I need to put it on a level surface and that means my new kitchen floor. It's just too hot to carry it in, tarpaulin as protection for the floor. It seemed silly when I had the wood sitting around doing nothing.

I will then need help hanging it as it is far too heavy for one person.
                          Castle gates are like that aint they! I bet the moats dried up a bit though!
                          My Majesty made for him a garden anew in order
                          to present to him vegetables and all beautiful flowers.- Offerings of Thutmose III to Amon-Ra (1500 BCE)

Diversify & prosper

Comment

• Hi all, had an overnight visit to South Ayrshire but went the coast road via Largs as we didn't have the dog. Weather was fab, stopped in Largs and had lunch in the famous Nardini's then another lovely day today. All in all a lovely weekend. Off to catch up on what I've missed but hope you are all well and had a good weekend.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Hot again. Have a good day
                              Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning Flo and all

Been up early and done all the watering etc.

I will stay in now until the evening as it is already too hot. Will catch up with inside jobs today. Have a happy day everyone and take care in the heat.
                                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X