Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning All, looks to be a repeat of yesterday, only difference I got all the fans out of the loft yesterday afternoon so no more trying to brave it out, in true Frozen style Let it Blow, Let it Blow!
    sigpic
    . .......Man Vs Slug
    Click Here for my Diary and Blog
    Nutters Club Member

Comment

• You do realise by doing that Cad that you've now gone and jinxed it?

Ah well, we could do with a bit of the cool sploshy stuff.....
      "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
        You do realise by doing that Cad that you've now gone and jinxed it?
        Ah well, we could do with a bit of the cool sploshy stuff.....
        Blame SWMBO not me
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Good morning all. Hot already here, but according to the weather reports we're due a couple of days relative respite (mid 30s) till it gets scorchio again on Thursday.

Brought water up from the well this morning and gave everything a good dousing. Three female courgette flowers all dolled up and jolly, but not a single male. So they can flirt as much as they like, it won't do them any good. Tied up some of the toms as well. They're growing like triffids at the moment. Just in case you think I'm boasting, the sweetcorn are rubbish and snails have eaten most of my lettuce seedlings.

Also got my first painful insect attack of the year while weeding the onions: not sure if it was a spider or underground bee, but something got me from a hole near where I was weeding. At least there weren't any nipping flies about today.

Looks like we could be picking a few more Sungold toms tonight, but sadly the lettuce that were ready have bolted in the last couple of days. So today's salad will be a bitter leaves and sweet toms affair.

Have a good day everyone.

Comment

• Morning its a bit cooler here today so a much comfier feel than yesterday.
            Snoop some of my lettuce have started to bolt got more waiting but it's not looking good for my spinach either
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
              Morning its a bit cooler here today so a much comfier feel than yesterday.
              Snoop some of my lettuce have started to bolt got more waiting but it's not looking good for my spinach either
              I guess it's one of those things, especially with the heat. I've been looking at some of the others, which are still really small, wondering whether I should just pick three and make a salad out of them on the grounds that if I wait till they're much bigger, they'll be getting ready to bolt anyway.

Comment

• Morning all,still warm,but a bit fresher,am afraid the stonking heat just wipes me out,enough said,have a good day peeps.
                sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Good morning all. An early start for me as I had an appointment at the hospital for a blood test.
                  Back home again now and ready to water the plants and then out for a walk.
                  Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
                  And your hands begin to harden.
                  You will find yourself a partner,
                  In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Afternoon all - hope all is well!

Much cooler and greyer here today - I'm enjoying the cool, but missing the sun - never happy are we!

Comment

• Sorry to hear you got stung/bitten snoop. Sungold tomatoes sound good though! I'm growing some but mine are nowhere near ready.

Sitting with ice pack. Think I've torn a muscle in my arm. I felt a sudden, sharp pain when I was watering and it has been throbbing and painful since. What a nuisance. My right hand too which I rely on. So trying to cook a roast chicken one handed isn't funny - should have seen the look on my face when hubby brought that back for dinner. Gee thanks, I love cooking roast dinners during a heatwave lol!

Hope my lettuce doesn't bolt too. Already had onions bolt and now carrots so real pain this year.
                      LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Afternoon every one, it's real hot here again.
                        I too am wiped out
                        Work was a chore, and now I need a lay down in front of a fan
                        Talk later
                        Nannys make memories

Comment

• Too hot here too
                          I don't do 35C in the shade Goodness knows how snoop copes.
                          There's too much to do out there to be hiding in the house!
                          Think I'm off for a swim......
                          "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Good afternoon, a very nice day here with a nice cooling breeze and if sheltered from it nice and warm, watching thy two youngest grandsons and letting them play on their Xbox which they don't usually get on a week day but I don't want to risk getting them too warm, OHs finding it a bit uncomfortable with the heat, just had a look round at the watering system my son has set up auto timer (mine) hose connectors (mine) one of the hoses (mine) it looks like good system I have set up at his house me I have to walk round with a watering can several times when I am watering, still I will let him try it out and if it works ok I will take it down to my house. Will need to go just now as there is a wee ball of fur trying to eat her way through my shoes
                            it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Originally posted by Nicos View Post
                              Too hot here too
                              I don't do 35C in the shade Goodness knows how snoop copes.
                              There's too much to do out there to be hiding in the house!
                              Think I'm off for a swim......
                              I have to hide in the house as I work from home. Fortunately, we have an old farmhouse with thick stone walls and we leave all the doors and windows open at night and then shut everything up in the day. The 'basement' as we call it is in fact the ground floor, but it's up against the side of a slope, so the temperature is reasonable in summer (probably about 22 ºC at the moment). This is where I have my summer office. Any outdoor work has to be finished by 9.30 am at the latest. The other day I saw a man scraping render off the front of a house in the early afternoon. I have no idea how he coped.

In winter, I migrate to the kitchen, where the woodburning stove is.

Comment

• Morning all, well after such lovely weather it's a total contrast here this morning...dull and a little rain. Hopefully just a shower and the sun will return. It was a very warm night too.
                                Snoop, I don't think I could cope with your weather either. Remember when you were young and went on holiday, bad though we know it is now, we used to sit out in 30+ degrees and fry all day. Now at 21/22 degrees I'd rather be indoors, why is that?
                                Anyhoo, hope,you managed a sleep. Have a great day and see you later!
                                Do I qualify for the best dress this morning?
                                sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X