Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• aaw I saw the elephants too - they are amazing how intuitive they are. VC in relation to your comment I saw one (one video that is, not one elephant) in the wild that was stuck in an incredibly fast moving river. OH had seen it before me, so knew it got rescued but I still found it very traumatic!

Best to stick to no news

Weather chilly again here today - it was forecast to be 25 by lunchtime so I came to the office dressed for summer and I am slightly regretting it. Torrential rain, storms and hail forecast this afternoon - but they're not quite sure where!

Hope all are well and enjoying the sun / shade / rain (*delete as appropriate)
    Last edited by vixylix; 21-06-2017, 01:24 PM. Reason: Clarity :)

Comment

• We had a few showers this morning but now showing 27 degs.
      Plsyed pitch and putt this morning.
      As for 1976. I remember it so well. My hubby was rushed into hospital with a perforated ulcer. He had to have numerous blood transfusions and then ended up in intensive care because he had an allergic reaction to the anesthetic. He spent 6 weeks in hospital while I visited every day getting two busses there and back and caring for three small children.

And when your back stops aching,
      And your hands begin to harden.
      You will find yourself a partner,
      In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• You must have been very worried, bramble
        The meter reader has just been - my heart sank when I saw it was the same one as last time http://www.growfruitandveg.co.uk/gra...ml#post1523491
        As soon as I opened the door he said "I'm not going to mention the Flat Earth this time!" Good says I, then he launched into looking at the curvature of the earth again
        He must have been busy today as we didn't have any lengthy lectures !!
        Its cooling down a bit here - 45 in the GH and 31.8 outside

Comment

• Evening, we've had rain it's not done much good though because it dried as it hit the ground. never mind we're due some later tonight then again tomorrow.
          Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bren In Pots View Post
            Evening, we've had rain it's not done much good though because it dried as it hit the ground. never mind we're due some later tonight then again tomorrow.
            I'm glad you mentioned that, Bren, I'd left my car roof down. Don't want to wake up tomorrow and find it swamped.
            "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
            "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
            Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning, it was pretty damp last night. The mist was low down on the hills, looked like a November night but felt like it does abroad after it rains...warm and humid and that lovely smell in the air.
              Up with the dog again but hope to get a couple of hours snooze once he settles. Hope you are all well and have a lovely day.
              sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Drops of rain last night but nothing yet this morning. Have a good day
                Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Morning all - no rain here over night, it feels like I've managed to strain my Achilles tendon again after about 20 years so I'm on the limp at the moment but at least this time I know what to do about it and can try and take care of it and hopefully not make it worse.

Have a good day whatever weather you end up with
                  sigpic
                  . .......Man Vs Slug
                  Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                  Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning All

so much cooler out this morning. Hope some of the promised rain arrives as my arms are aching from watering!

Have a great day whatever you have planned

Comment

• Morning all. Cool enough to dig the bed I want to plant flowers in. I finally gave up trying to burn the garden waste (uncompostable) in the incinerator and took it to the tip. Hope I've got enough bricks to edge it with or I will have to dig more up.

Cuppa tea anyone?
                      "I prefer rogues to imbeciles as they sometimes take a rest" (Alexander Dumas)
                      "It is neccessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live" (also Alexandre Dumas)
                      Oxfordshire

Comment

• Morning all - I'll go for a tea please Janie B

Thankfully much cooler. Might be able to get some decent sleep for the first time this week.

Looking forward to being able to get out in the garden all day unless it rains. We need rain to fill the water butts so I'll not complain if it does.

Have a good day all
                        LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning all, wow what a change in temperature. It's lovely.
                          These last few days have been exceptionally hot and frankly unbearable for me.
                          Had a great afternoon/evening in London. The gig venue was air conditioned, so happy days there.
                          It was lovely celebrating the life of an extremely gifted musician and his friends really did him proud.
                          Nothing to report garden wise, it's looks lush and all crops coming along well
                          Have a great day
                          Nannys make memories

Comment

• Mornin n'alln'all
                            Cor...you lot are up early today!( or am I late)
                            * rushes off to see if there are any clothes left in the wardrobe

...oh good...stuff fit for gardening in...perfect

Cooler here too....might risk planting out seedlings now?

No real plans for the day, but there's always a huuuuge list of what needs doing!
                            Fancy a bit of shredding actually!

See ya later....have a good un.
                            "Nicos, Queen of Gooooogle" and... GYO's own Miss Marple

Location....Normandy France

Comment

• Have come in from the garden with a headache. No storms due, so might just have to take a pill and lie down.

Everything well watered and Mr Snoop has been helping out yet again. So all looking good and progress is being made, if slowly.

Have a good day, everyone.

Comment

• Morning all. A dull start here but still warm. We had some rain overnight so thats good.
                                Having my two friends for lunch today, also having G.G.
                                Hubby will take here out while we have lunch and then we will see what we do with the rest of the day.

And when your back stops aching,
                                And your hands begin to harden.
                                You will find yourself a partner,
                                In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X