This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Snoop Puss View Post
    Is it my imagination, Jay22, or do you always have ironing to do? Do you keep accumulating more or is the same pile that you never actually get around to doing? I speak as someone who has probably only ironed half a dozen garments at most (for weddings and funerals) in the last 20 odd years. Ironing is one of those things I just don't do.
    It's the same pile...I procrastinate a lot over it! Every time I pass it it seems bigger, no idea why. And guess what? It's still there!
    sigpic

Comment

• Is BM perhaps fishing?
      sigpic

Comment

• We finally have a functioning stair lift installed and I have one very happy Triffid
        sigpic
        . .......Man Vs Slug
        Click Here for my Diary and Blog
        Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Really pleased for you both Cad,saw that VC and did wonder,well it turned out warm again not long ago,ironing is a very dirty word these days hehehe.
          sigpicAnother nutter ,wife,mother, nan and nanan,love my growing places,seed collection and sharing,also one of these

Comment

• Another one here who doesn't iron, last time it got used was to fuse Hama beads

Pleased to read you're finally sorted out with a stir lift Cad
            Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Good news Cad! At long last!
              sigpic

Comment

• Very good news about the stairlift, Cad. After all the aggro you had, glad to hear that is all sorted.

What is an iron? Come to think of it what is a washing machine as well! Hubby takes care of all the clothes in our house. I do all the cooking. He hoovers, I dust. I garden, he does diy. We work as a team and play to our strengths
                LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Hello Peeps & thanks for the nice thoughts. Life has just taken over a lately as I've recently joined several groups on Face-ache & have been catching up with school mates from 45 years ago..........plus I've been experimenting making my own baits for fishing......also trying to get to grips with my Android Box...............you know how it is, plus of course as you've seen I've been practising my dancing skills in the pool..........it may be another few days before I return, depends if I have anything interesting to say.
                  sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                  -------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                  -----------------------------------------------------------
                  KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Nice to see ya big hairy face again, BM
                    Pop in when you can

Comment

• Nice to see you back BM and Cad I hope the stair lift is worth all the trouble your wife and you have had to put up with.
                      Now reading some of the recent posts I can't understand why some of you women don't like ironing, its just a matter of sliding a warm piece of shaped iron over a bit of cloth, simple, and marie my wife and I work as team also, I do the washing, cooking, dusting, hoovering, gardening and diy, she supervises, but for some reason she doesn't want me to do the ironing, that's why I think it quite simple. Well enjoy the weekend Folks whatever the weather and pass on a smile Goodnight
                      it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• Morning all, nice to see you back BM but I'm a bit miffed that you have deserted us for Faceache!

It's a lovely morning so far, how long that will last is anyone's guess but I hope you all have a great day. See you later!
                        sigpic

Comment

• Morning All, it's nice to know the Big Guy is OK there is a YouTube video of the reunion here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZ-bJFVJ2P0 and here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xarwk2d5Jm8
                          sigpic
                          . .......Man Vs Slug
                          Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Cheers Cad, I've seen those several times but never tire of them.
                            sigpic“Gorillas are very intelligent, but they don't have to be as delicate as chimps -- they can just smash open the termite nest,”
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Official Member Of The Nutters Club - Rwanda Branch.
                            -------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Sent from my ZX Spectrum with no predictive text..........
                            -----------------------------------------------------------
                            KOYS - King Of Yellow Stickers..............

Comment

• Morning, good to see you around BM
                              Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Originally posted by rary View Post
                                Nice to see you back BM and Cad I hope the stair lift is worth all the trouble your wife and you have had to put up with.
                                We gave Acorn the boot and I believe got a much better product and service in the end. Surveyed and installed within two weeks by Stannah. it was more expensive but has more options including choice of colour and type of upholstery, more features like it turns automatically at the top and there is a button for lifting and lowering the foot plate.

There communication has been first class, telephone calls backed up by letter confirming the installation date, everyone has been so professional, helpful, respectful and courteous.

The arm at the bottom folds back on itself rather than just hinging up and is much neater, and the fitter is returning with an adaptor to move the seat back slightly as he wants to give my wife a little more knee room as we have wide stringers on the stairs.

It includes two years of annual service and 24/7 365 support parts and labour.
                                Last edited by Cadalot; 24-06-2017, 07:30 AM.
                                sigpic
                                . .......Man Vs Slug
                                Nutters Club Member

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X