Collapse

This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Morning, lovely weather, rest of week looks set to rain so I'm off out to enjoy
    LOVE growing food to eat in my little town back garden. Winter update: currently growing overwintering onions, carrots, lettuce, chard, salad leaves, kale, cabbage, radish, beetroot, garlic, broccoli raab, some herbs.

Comment

• Morning _ I'm sharing the sunshine with most of you! Can't stay to enjoy it though as I'm taking my neighbour with the broken shoulder to Fracture clinic. Hope its quick and the news is good.

Have a smiley day

Comment

• Morning all, thanks for the sunshine VC, it has just about arrived! Washing's on, hopefully get it on the line today. Domestic duties and supermarket shopping and then a visit to the vet later this afternoon to get Harry dogs ears checked...that should be fun!

Hope you all have a lovely day.
        sigpic

Comment

• Good morning all. Where did the weekend go.
          Sunny start here but rain snd cooler on the way.
          Off out with my two sisters today so hubby is on domestic duties.
          Have a good day all.

And when your back stops aching,
          And your hands begin to harden.
          You will find yourself a partner,
          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Off to the dentist to have a crown fitted, that's gonna hurt my wallet, what ever happened to the NHS?

Comment

• Good morning, there was a light shower of rain at the back of seven but now quite pleasant, between running after a pup that is not house trained and a wife with a broken wrist, I feel shattered already this morning, tried taking Poppy a walk earlier,( doesn't like the lead) was struggling to get her to walk till the girl next door went by with her dog, and Poppy followed on quite happy, then same problem when I turned, so can see this being a long fortnight
              Last edited by rary; 26-06-2017, 09:24 AM.
              it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Member of the Nutters Club but I think I am just there to make up the numbers

Comment

• What about trying a harness rather than a lead rary, I find you have much better control over the dog with the harness?

Our bichons didn't like the lead either, it seemed to constrict their throat. I think little dogs have a problem with elongated palates, at least ours did and it helped no end when we changed to a harness.
                Last edited by Jay22; 26-06-2017, 11:35 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

• It is a harness that I have for her Jay, but I still have to force her to walk with it on, was out for a spell and when we came back the floor was dry, so hopefully clearing that hurdle. I will be using the first of this year's cabbage from garden tonight, now to find out if I boil it whole then mash or slice it up, its great what you learn when needs must now how do I ask her without letting her know I haven't done it before
                  it may be a struggle to reach the top, but once your over the hill your problems start.

Comment

• Rary just say do you want it fried or boiled then she'll say just how she likes her cabbage.

Today's been a shorts and tee-shirt day, just starting to feel a bit cool so I'm back indoors.
                    Location....East Midlands.

Comment

• Artnoon!
                      Took my neighbour to the Fracture clinic and, as usual, ended up crying, with laughter
                      It wasn't even funny but when you're sat surrounded by pain and illness, somehow, it makes me want to laugh even more.
                      A hospital maintenance man came in, carrying his stepladder with his name DEAN painted in big letters on the side. It struck me as odd, that most hospital staff have their names on badges danging around their necks but this poor man had to carry a ladder with his name on. I shared this thought with my neighbour, which was a mistake, as I just laughed all the more - but you can't laugh aloud in a hospital, so we sat there, shoulders heaving and wobbling, tears running down our faces. I'm surprised we weren't committed.
                      When they let us out, the Air Ambulance helicopter was landing across the road from my car. Its amazing how they manage to land in such a confined space, on the roof of the A&E dept.
                      Spent this afternoon weeding the trampoline with the help of the furry and feathered friends. It was a perfect day for weeding
                      Hope you've had a perfectly silly day too!

Comment

• Thanks for that Bren, I finished up boiling it and once it was boiled I didn't need to mash it, but its I interesting to know that I can fry cabbage, I might give that a try tomorrow
                        Last edited by rary; 26-06-2017, 09:43 PM.

Comment

• Had a lovely day out with my two sisters. We made some great plans to meet up but then thry missed their bus and our day turned out totally different, but in a good way.
                          Well, the rain has arrived. Its been raining steadily all night. Hate to see the weather breaking but its needed.

And when your back stops aching,
                          And your hands begin to harden.
                          You will find yourself a partner,
                          In the glory of the garden.

Rudyard Kipling.sigpic

Comment

• Good Morning All Grey and warm here. No birthdays how unusual. Have a good day
                            Granny on the Game in Sheffield

Comment

• Good Morning Flo and all, grey and overcast here, I need to recover the weight from the weight in my comfrey tube today go and replace it with better not £1 shop rope that is going to last, if the weather holds, lets hope there is a strong wind down there.
                              sigpic
                              . .......Man Vs Slug
                              Click Here for my Diary and Blog
                              Nutters Club Member

Comment

• Morning Flo and Cads, grey and overcast here too. Looks like we actually had a splash of rain in the night although it could do with a proper long soak, the water butts are all empty.
                                Location ... Nottingham

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Recent Blog Posts

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X